Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Need HDTV/LCD/LED TV Help Please

redskns21

The best bang for your buck home theater system <1000 and maybe even 2000 is Denon 1312BA

Yea I've heard thats a pretty good HTIB. Not to big on HTIB but if I was I would look into this setup. I like building my own especially with a receiver. Don't sleep on the Yamaha soundbar. Probably the best soundbar in the market (bowers and wilkins soundbar may give the Yamaha a run). If anyone is looking for a home theater solution without wires running all over the place the yamaha is great. I recommend adding a subwoofer though. I have a 12" woofer and this thing rocks. I was very skeptical at first but was surprised how well it performs. A very nice 5.1 or 7.1 will beat it out no question but my wife didn't want speakers and wires all over the place.

Each individual speaker has its own amp

72E88FCCABC94B05B5BEAB1059516F76_12075.jpg

If anyone is looking for a home theater solution without no wires running all over the place the yamaha is great. I recommend adding a subwoofer though. I have a 12" woofer and this thing rocks. I was very skeptical at first but was surprised how well it performs. A very nice 5.1 or 7.1 will beat it out no question but my wife didn't want speakers and wires all over the place.

Each individual speaker has its own amp

72E88FCCABC94B05B5BEAB1059516F76_12075.jpg

I tried a Polk sound bar/subwoofer first and hated it. So I went with the Denon setup, but only use the sub and 3 front speaker. I guess you'd say it's a 3.1 setup. Minimized the wire complaints from the wife and sounds awesome still. I have a prewired in the wall HT in the basement with a really good setup. This is for the upstairs living room.

I tried a Polk sound bar/subwoofer first and hated it. So I went with the Denon setup, but only use the sub and 3 front speaker. I guess you'd say it's a 3.1 setup. Minimized the wire complaints from the wife and sounds awesome still. I have a prewired in the wall HT in the basement with a really good setup. This is for the upstairs living room.

Some of the Polks soundbars are hit or miss. They have a few that are pretty good. I have the same problem with the wife not wanting wires and honestly, I don't like running the wires myself. It's a pain in the ass unless like you stated, having the pre-wired walls which is great. I'm sure the Denon 3.1 you have sounds great too and subs make all the difference in the world.

Actually some people don't like the Yamaha soundbar as well because they aren't versed on how it works. Yamaha uses a beam technology where it beams sounds off the wall to give you that surround sound effect. That is why it has so many little speakers. It actually works really well if you room is set up to take advantage of the beaming. Of course people that don't have 3 or 4 walls, awkward shaped rooms or just really big rooms don't like it as much.

Here is how it works

8169-4.jpg

Of course its all preference. Everyone has different taste and they just have to read up and try something out. If they don't like it, return it and try something different. Something my sound awful to me but may be great for someone else

Slacky,

My wife and are considering a Panasonic Viera Plasma, 42" 1080p. After research and considering our situation with the room, envirnoment, etc, we like this tv. Consumer reports also gives it a good rating. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 11:38 PM ----------

You can get that price at any retailer. Costco's TV prices really aren't much lower than regular retail stores.

Slacky,

My wife and are considering a Panasonic Viera Plasma, 42" 1080p. After research and considering our situation with the room, envirnoment, etc, we like this tv. Consumer reports also gives it a good rating. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Slacky,

Thanks.

Panasonic makes a great Plasma TV set. The S3 is also a very nice set and I haven't seen any complaints about it at all. I'd say just find the best price and pull the trigger.

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 11:39 PM ----------

And, I buy most of my TV's at Sears, you can negotiate the price there, like its a car. Got the TV, the Samsung sound system, and a Samsung Blu ray player, all for under $1500. The TV listed at like $1499 when i got the deal, like 3 months ago.

Well thanks for letting me know you were in the market for one :ols:

Panasonic Viera 42" 1080p 60Hz LED-LCD HDTV TC-L42E3 for $549 with coupon code: EMCYTZT847. Includes free shipping:

Click Here

Good stuff, thanks.

I actually purchased this tv this afternoon and am very pleased. It was only $10 more than that ($559) and it looks absolutely amazing.

I didn't want to get the tv shipped as I noticed a lot more complaints about failing equipment from people who had theirs shipped.

I basically spent alot of time doing research before deciding on which way to go. Reading all the material from Slacky was a big help and I thank him for the input.

Overall, based on the size of the room, lighting, etc, this size tv is perfect for us.

Please don't waste your time with "high end" Monster HDMI cables unless you like wasting your money

I didnt say expensive, I said high end. It is possible to get things that would usually cost a lot of money, for very little money.

I have noticed a difference, speed wise, with replacing the HDMI Cable and the COAX Cable, with higher end versions.

Id say my picture is better, also.

The cables cost $100 probably, retail, I paid under $20 for them. $20 = small investment, to make a larger investment (TV, Blu-Ray, Sound Bar), better.

Get a cheap Optical Cable, and the glass is sure to break inside the input. That could ruin your TV.

Archived