Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tim Tebow Named Broncos Starter

Dan T.

For a team that has accomplished absolutely nothing, the Lions are the biggest bunch of taunting *****es in the NFL. I hope Karma is paying attention to them.

If you believe in Karma, sure.

They're on track for a great season. That's something. And they show attitude on the field. Can't say that about our Skins right now.

Nothing wrong with the Lions in my book.

If you believe in Karma, sure.

They're on track for a great season. That's something. And they show attitude on the field. Can't say that about our Skins right now.

Nothing wrong with the Lions in my book.

I'm not one for showboating or taunting which is different than celebrating. As someone who coaches, I demand my athletes to let their play do all the talking.

Dude, there is no way Beck or Grossman need to bring a team back like that. An average NFL QB beats Miami. But worse, an average NFL QB in Miami blows the Broncos out of the water. Tim Tebow is THE worst starting QB in the NFL. He may be the worst QB in the NFL period. If he is leading your favorite team, you better have the Ravens defense from 2000, the Bears special teams from 2006, and Adam Vinatieri in his prime. Otherwise, prepare to pick in the top 5 EVERY year.
If you're going by today, then yeah, Tebow might be the worst. But, in general, no way he's the worst QB in the NFL. That's silly talk.

If you're going by today, then yeah, Tebow might be the worst. But, in general, no way he's the worst QB in the NFL. That's silly talk.

He's the last starting QB in the NFL that I'd want. I'd rather have some backups over him as well. He'd probably rank around #35 for me.

Not gonna hijack the thread anymore but my point was just this: The true measure of talented players, "in my opinion", is the finished product. Which is a pro player. Duke doesn't produced many finished products, they just have loads of prospects every year. Coach K gets the very best out of his players because of his program, not possessing finished products.
I nominate this post for dumbest of year.

---------- Post added October-30th-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------

He's the last starting QB in the NFL that I'd want. I'd rather have some backups over him as well. He'd probably rank around #35 for me.
You've never seen Tavaris Jackson play?...or Matt Moore?..or Curtis Painter?..C'mon. He's not the worst. No way. Hell, even our very own John Beck isn't better.

And who are these prized backups?...Charlie Whitehurst?...Mark Brunell?

I'd take Jackson, Moore, Painter, and Whitehurst over Tebow. We'll start here: I'd rather have every other one of the 31 starting QB's in the league over Tebow.

I'd also take these backups, in no particular order, and I'm probably forgetting some names:

Shaun Hill

Jake Locker

Colin Kaepernick

Josh Johnson

Bruce Gradkowski

Ryan Mallett

Brian Hoyer

Matt Flynn

Tyler Thigpen

Tyrod Taylor

Rex Grossman

Kyle Orton

Vince Young

I'd also consider Joe Webb.

I'll take Tebow on my fantasy team, no problem. He's not an NFL QB though. He's below back-up level. The last thing I'd want to do is build a team around him. It might be fun trying, though. I'd give someone like Chan Gailey a decent shot of pulling it off. Not John Fox.

Tebow and Romo sits to pee had identical numbers at halftime today. 4/8 36 yds 1 int.

Just sayin

Do they give points for that now?

Because he finished the game 18/39 (46.2%), 172 yards, 1 garbage-time TD, 1 INT. That's 4.4 average yards/attempt. That is ABYSMAL, especially when taken with the horrid completion percentage.

Conn, are you trying to compete with the 70th guy? Because what you just wrote is pretty dumb.

Not your last post. The one with the QB list. That's just silly. How can you honestly sit there and write that stuff out?

I'm not saying he's a great QB by any stretch. But you can't say you'd take even half those guys over him. C'mon. Some of them have never even played a snap in the NFL. And a lot of them have proven to be bums. Are you that much of a Tebow hater?

Conn, are you trying to compete with the 70th guy? Because what you just wrote is pretty dumb.

To you. Not in my opinion. I would have thought you'd be more...choosy about who you support as a QB. Don't know why. You seem like a picky dude, hard to please.

If I were starting an offense from scratch, I'd rather work with every one of those 45+ guys (including the injured guys who used to start this year) than Tebow in creating an offense. They all have tools I'd rather have at QB, compared to Tebow. Many of them are limited QB's, but I'd rather work with what they've got, than what Tebow's got.

Tebow is a pathetic passer. He makes plays, but once teams get tape on him, he won't be "willing his team to victory", and all that ****. Because he can't pass. He throws one of the worst balls in the league, and that's not even taking into account his accuracy issues, or his wind-up. He does have a decent deep ball, though.

I've never disputed that his mechanics are horrible. But lot's of QBs have had success in the NFL with bad mechanics. And a lot of them didn't have the intangibles he has. Granted, I'm not sure if he has a future in the NFL as a starting QB. But he's nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be. He usually finds a way to keep his team in the game, if not get the win. Today was just proof that he needs to keep working at it.

Honestly, I wasn't too surprised with the outcome today. I figured Stafford wasn't as hurt as some were making him out to be (I started him in fantasy). Plus, you just knew this wasn't a good matchup for Denver.

And one thing you're losing site of is: the guy has NO ONE around him on offense. Moreno is garbage. Willis is hurt. Lloyd is gone. Thomas is still shaking off the rust. Decker? C'mon. Look at what the guy has around him!

I've never disputed that his mechanics are horrible. But lot's of QBs have had success in the NFL with bad mechanics. And a lot of them didn't have the intangibles he has. Granted, I'm not sure if he has a future in the NFL as a starting QB. But he's nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be. He usually finds a way to keep his team in the game, if not get the win. Today was just proof that he needs to keep working at it.

Honestly, I wasn't too surprised with the outcome today. I figured Stafford wasn't as hurt as some were making him out to be (I started him in fantasy). Plus, you just knew this wasn't a good matchup for Denver.

And one thing you're losing site of is: the guy has NO ONE around him on offense. Moreno is garbage. Willis is hurt. Lloyd is gone. Thomas is still shaking off the rust. Decker? C'mon. Look at what the guy has around him!

Have you considered that he usually keeps his team in the game, or gets them back into the game, because he hasn't started enough games yet, especially in a row, for teams to have a normal amount of tape on him? Once they start seeing what his tendencies are, he's going to get crushed.

I mean, this guy might as well pull out his blackberry and text, facebook, and email opposing defenders where he's going with the ball when he steps back into the pocket and winds up, because damn does he telegraph that delivery.

I'm not saying that most of those guys are ideal QB's. Most of the backups (other than the talented rookies) are pretty garbage. But I'd still rather work with what they have as passers than what Tebow's got. Its not all about his mechanics or release. We've seen guys like Rivers with a funky release succeed, and guys like Leftwich with a slow-as-hell release succeed to a degree. He's just not accurate with the ball. He can't make anticipation throws, and he can't zip the ball into tight windows with any kind of consistency. He's just NOT a natural passer, and I'd never want to work with that. Hence, the 45+ QB's I'd rather be stuck with in the NFL.

All I know is this: Skip Bayless is gonna get mocked on First Take tomorrow...:ols:

He set himself up for that crucifixion. I don't know why he felt the need to knob slob all over Tebow like that, diminishing his credibility.

The man has lost his mind as of late. My guess is that the producers of that show wanted him to be completely over the top (more than usual), for even better ratings, which would explain why there has been more of Stephen A as of late. I think Bayless got a little too carried away with it though.

The way he beat his chest after Tebows crappy performance last week made my jaw drop.

It's amazing how fast fans are turning on the Lions based on a few allegations and Tulloch dropping to a knee. Oh, the horror.

And the Suh fervor has almost reached its peak. The way other fans are describing his facemask of Ryan is laughable. Talk of broken necks, intent to injure, suspensions, etc.

Must have been the first player in the history of the league to facemask another player.

He plays the villain well and the NFL knows this. They actually played the Good v. Evil card in their game preview on NFL.com. Guess who was depicted as Evil?

Tebow and Romo sits to pee had identical numbers at halftime today. 4/8 36 yds 1 int.

Just sayin

The difference is that's about the average at halftime for Tebow so far this season. If he wants to be an NFL QB he's going to have to put in a startling transformation over the next few games.

Have you considered that he usually keeps his team in the game, or gets them back into the game, because he hasn't started enough games yet, especially in a row, for teams to have a normal amount of tape on him? Once they start seeing what his tendencies are, he's going to get crushed.

I mean, this guy might as well pull out his blackberry and text, facebook, and email opposing defenders where he's going with the ball when he steps back into the pocket and winds up, because damn does he telegraph that delivery.

I'm not saying that most of those guys are ideal QB's. Most of the backups (other than the talented rookies) are pretty garbage. But I'd still rather work with what they have as passers than what Tebow's got. Its not all about his mechanics or release. We've seen guys like Rivers with a funky release succeed, and guys like Leftwich with a slow-as-hell release succeed to a degree. He's just not accurate with the ball. He can't make anticipation throws, and he can't zip the ball into tight windows with any kind of consistency. He's just NOT a natural passer, and I'd never want to work with that. Hence, the 45+ QB's I'd rather be stuck with in the NFL.

He's been like that since his senior year at UF (or at least, those things have been evident since his senior year).

Tebow's been regressing as a passer for a couple of years now. Ever since they tried to bring QB coach guru Scot Loeffler to help remold Tebow into more of a pocket passer and boost his NFL stock, and Dan Mullen left UF to go to Mississippi State, it's like Tebow hit a wall of development.

He just hasn't shown any consistent anticipation or touch on his passes, and his well publicized throwing motion is still pretty bad. His pocket presence has also continued to prove to be fairly mediocre. At the end of the day, he's just not a very smart QB. His success wasn't because he deeply understood the mental aspects of playing QB, it was more so because he was an absolute physical freak for the QB position (who did of course work really hard), with a great offensive staff coaching him for most of his career, and some complete studs around him (Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez are nice targets to have in college).

Granted, yeah I'm an FSU guy and all, but I said during Tebow's senior season that his lack of abilities as a passing QB were a genuine red flag for the NFL, and it was especially exposed against Mississippi State that year when Dan Mullen, obviously full aware of Tebow's flaws as a pocket passer, helped design their defensive gameplan specifically to try and force Tebow to beat them by staying in the pocket and passing- and Tebow played horribly. A few people (not just around here, but also in my personal conversations off-line) thought I was only being biased because Tebow was a Gator, I was rooting for him to fail, and he would simply be able to work hard enough to overcome his issues, and whatever other reasons people came up with to deflect realistic criticism of the guy as a potential NFL QB. But the guy's problems have been there for some time and haven't changed.

The question about Tebow in the NFL, if you're his HC or OC, now becomes: do you think he has enough potential as a QB to completely redesign the offense around him, and to start running something pretty unconventional? That seems like the only way he'll reach any success.

Totally off topic, but somewhat of a piggyback off of Disgruntled Lions Fan's post. What would the opinion of players that played in the past be if there wer as many cameras/media,etc around then as there are now?

I think there would be a lot of "douchebags" out there.

Yeah, there'd be a ton.

Dexter Manley and Riggins on Twitter back in the day? I can't even imagine what they would have said.

Archived