Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Justin Tryon Burns Bridges in Indy

Boss_Hogg

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28686/tryon-says-caldwell-was-overruled

Tryon Claims Caldwell wanted to start him at CB, however the Colt's FO overruled the coaches' wishes:

az8_bor.jpg

Jim Irsay responds:

hrw_bor.jpg

If, in fact, coach Jim Caldwell wanted to play Tryon more and felt pressure from above preventing him to do so, Tryon's stance won't matter.

While he's calling for support of the coach, he's also revealing Caldwell can be handcuffed and overruled.

And a handcuffed coach isn't likely to gain or retain the support of his players or the team's fans when things are going badly. Caldwell doesn't care about public perception. He should care about how he's regarded in the locker room.

Is this a bitter player lashing out? Is it an isolated incident?

All we can do is keep an eye out for further evidence. I do think if there was nothing to it, Irsay wouldn't have touched it.

Read More: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28686/tryon-says-caldwell-was-overruled

Tyron signed with the Giants earlier today: http://online.wsj.com/article/APa42b1bd722404789b3e6ef804a8afd51.html

I'm sorry. But the fact that the Colt's owner is constantly tweeting things like a 14-year old girl, l33t-slang and all, and actually responded to Tryon's accusations through twitter, makes me believe Tryon.

I think that Indy FO is a mess right now. I believe that the DC, or Caldwell, wanted to start Tryon (he's a pretty good fit in that defense), and wasn't allowed to, for whatever reason. I also believe that Caldwell wanted to start Painter (as most of the team did, as well), but had Collins and his large salary forced on him.

Caldwell is a puppet HC. The Colt's haven't needed a HC with Peyton there, and now that Peyton is injured, ****'s falling apart.

A coach who is not allowed to determine who plays and who starts? That's beyond ridiculous. I know there are GMs that draft and sign guys without any input from coaches (which is idiotic) but to handcuff the coach from playing who he feels should play is beyond stupid. Basically Caldwell is the D and O coordinators boss, maybe not even that.

The Colts, for all the accolades the get about great drafting in all actuality suck at drafting and free agency. Without Manning they are nothing and all they do is draft offense and smaller defensive players to fit a scheme that gets dominated often (notice the bears run a cover 2 but actually have some size on their D). They never have depth and their defense is consistently atrocious. They didn't even sign a viable backup even when they knew Manning was coming off a very serious surgery months and months ago.

Anyone who thinks Caldwell has any real say with the Colts is delusional. The Indy chain of command goes like this Irsay-Polian-Manning-Groundskeeper-Janitor-Cook-Caldwell

lol at caldwell being in charge of anything. manning ran that entire offense, their defense was run by god knows who, caldwell is just a guy with a hat.

Anyone who thinks Caldwell has any real say with the Colts is delusional. The Indy chain of command goes like this Irsay-Polian-Manning-Groundskeeper-Janitor-Cook-Caldwell

caldwell is like some figurehead. i mean he obviously has no control of the offense, since even when peyton is hurt he still is in charge of it.

in fact they had to bring back their coordinators after they were forced to retire for pension reasons as consultants.

the bigger problem is Irsay. he has brought so much attention to himself this year and none of it for good reasons.

as the owner of the team you shouldn't respond to some CB that you just cut because it makes him look like he's telling the truth whether he is or not.

Amazing to think that the Redskins now have a more professional front office than Indy, lol.

I never really thought that Indy had a good FO to begin with. They lucked into Manning, and Peyton would make any group of receivers look good. His ability to make everyone around him look like world beaters is unmatched. Granted, Wayne and Clark ARE good, but I wouldn't exactly call the rest of their offense outstanding.

Draft speed rushers, get out to an early lead, drop 7 into coverage. Not exactly that hard a concept to master.

Now when / where is our undisclosed draft pick for this guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

7 224 Washington Redskins Markus White DE Florida State ACC from Indianapolis [R7 - 10]

^ #224: Indianapolis → Washington (PD). Indianapolis traded this selection to Washington for cornerback Justin Tryon.UNIQ426686563d0bb9c7-nowiki-00000298-QINUsource 58UNIQ426686563d0bb9c7-nowiki-00000299-QINU

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Irsay is a complete fool but Bill Polian is damn near a certified genius.

Now when / where is our undisclosed draft pick for this guy.

Well, he's not a team building genius. This dude has had over a decade to build a juggernaut around Payton, and has been unable to.

Without Payton, nothing he's build does anything. He would have been fired long, long ago.

Indy's FO is vastly overrated. Their drafting and FA signings have been average or below-average for years.

Well, he's not a team building genius. This dude has had over a decade to build a juggernaut around Payton, and has been unable to.

Without Payton, nothing he's build does anything. He would have been fired long, long ago.

Indy's FO is vastly overrated. Their drafting and FA signings have been average or below-average for years.

Polian gets talked up as some genius for one reason and one reason alone:

He drafted Peyton Manning with the first pick of the draft eons ago... His team is nothing without that one player.

Polian gets talked up as some genius for one reason and one reason alone:

He drafted Peyton Manning with the first pick of the draft eons ago... His team is nothing without that one player.

Yeah i totally agree. I know they draft late first round all the time, but what have their drafts produced? Manning going down is a major loss, but a winless football team? When Brady went down Cassel still came in and got them 10 wins (Missed the playoffs though i think). Peyton going down shouldnt mean the Colts go 2-14.

Archived