Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walrus was John

Spiritinthesky

Fun read. Enjoyed that a lot. As I got older and started to actually listen to these guys,("You can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him." :silly: ),I really began to enjoy the variety they presented. Yeah,they could be serious at times,but they could be frivolous and fun as well.

From the article:

When he learned that a teacher at his old primary school was having his students analyse Beatles lyrics, he added a verse of nonsense words.

The same can be said of, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"

Many people thought this was about drugs, since the letters "LSD" are prominent in the title, and John Lennon, who wrote it, was known to drop acid. In 1971 Lennon told Rolling Stone that he swore that he had no idea that the song's initials spelt L.S.D. He added: "I didn't even see it on the label. I didn't look at the initials. I don't look - I mean I never play things backwards. I listened to it as I made it. It's like there will be things on this one, if you fiddle about with it. I don't know what they are. Every time after that though I would look at the titles to see what it said, and usually they never said anything." The "Lucy" who inspired this song was Lucy O'Donnell (later Lucy Vodden), who was a classmate of John's son Julian Lennon when he was enrolled at the private Heath House School, in Weybridge, Surrey. It was in a 1975 interview that Lennon said "Julian came in one day with a picture about a school friend of his named Lucy. He had sketched in some stars in the sky and called it Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=120

Archived