Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone here ever taken a hot air balloon ride?

RSanz

Hey everybody!

I'm thinking of surprising my wife with a hot air balloon ride in the Shenandoah Valley (Front Royal, VA) for her 25th birthday. However, it's pretty expensive and I want to make sure that it is worth it before I book.

It would be on a weekend in October, probably the afternoon "flight" which goes thru sunset. It's about $200/person for an hour ride. Is it a thrill of a lifetime, something one "MUST" do in their lives? Or is it just kind of "meh"?

I've been searching for something different and unique to plan for her birthday, and this seemed to fit the bill and could be really cool what with the leaves changing around that time in October.

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Kinda pricey but whatever the market will bear I guess. It's a lot of fun, a totally different perspective/experience from a plane or whatnot. Very quiet and still, if there's wind you move w/ it so for the most part you are in a bubble of calm, just floating along low enough to sneak up on people and see their reaction.

My sister's boyfriend just took her on a ride this past weekend for her birthday and she absolutely loved it. Her boyfriend is afraid of heights, but he appeared to survive the incident. I would love it if my husband took me on a hot air balloon! I think your wife will really like it.

Archived