Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you expect from Laron Landry on Monday Night??

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

After no full go practices in nigh on a year, let alone no actual game playing time, I'll believe it when I see it.

If he is active, surely it'll be in a REAL limited role.

Hail.

For several ppl (who are in the know) and then Laron to say that he WILL play, I would assume that he passes the eye test and is a go - though your concern is valid. As for me, the only question is how much he will actually play.

landry does not know what half speed is.. you can bet he'll be flying around the field like a maniac. hopefully in a good way, but not necessarily. with his style of play though and the long break from competitive football, i wont be suprised if he reinjures himself.
i said eases back. that last thing I want if not to have him 100% ready to go after the bye. And honestly unless he is 100% right now i don't think the coaches would risk it.

Both VERY pertinent points.

If Landry isn't out there practicing at FULL go by tomorrow at the latest, you don't even consider starting him. And even dressing him would be a gamble. He needs to be full go this week, hitting and bombing around the practice field, or you sit him again. Better to struggle back there against Dallas, and have him healthy for the rest of the year; than push him too quick, and risk aggravating things further and missing a bunch more time.

You don't mess with hammi's.

Hail.

For several ppl (who are in the know) and then Laron to say that he WILL play, I would assume that he passes the eye test and is a go - though your concern is valid. As for me, the only question is how much he will actually play.

Oh, I mean no disrespect to LL, whom I normally hang on his every word so accurate is the titbits he gives us; or any other insider for that matter.

I'll just believe it when I see it. One get's the feeling there's been more to LaRon's injury's than the coaching staff has allowed out; in general or to the 'insiders.'

Hail.

He'll probably play, given that he just said he would. But fans of Landry who have followed him during his career know that his assessment of his injuries and timetables for return has historically been different from the team's doctors. So, I'll believe it when I see him on the field.

If he plays, he obviously is a big upgrade over the backups. I can't envision Haslett really turning him loose in his first game back, though.

Oh, I mean no disrespect to LL, whom I normally hang on his every word so accurate is the titbits he gives us; or any other insider for that matter.

I'll just believe it when I see it. One get's the feeling there's been more to LaRon's injury's than the coaching staff has allowed out; in general or to the 'insiders.'

Hail.

Its good bro none taken. I've been more accurate than any media member on his return to field for a reason. Injury info doesn't come from coaches or trainers in this instance but my friend who happens to be the one injured. I always believe the horse over the trainer.

Its good bro none taken. I've been more accurate than any media member on his return to field for a reason. Injury info doesn't come from coaches or trainers in this instance but my friend who happens to be the one injured. I always believe the horse over the trainer.

Well I sure hope your friends full go in every practice this week man, or it's a heck of a risk to take. None more so than in THAT game.

Hail.

*Edit* BTW, it can never be said enough just how appreciative we all our for what you do for us man. To keep your anominity yet continue to stick your neck on the line to keep us informed can never be applauded enough.

Thanks LL, sincerely. We'd be a lot worse off without you man.

I just don't think he's gonna come in with no offseason workouts, no training camp, hardly any practice, and be 100% full go LaRon from last year.

He'll have to ease back into that mold.

I agree with you. I hope he goes nuts and has a great game but I just don't see how he could since he has been so limited for the better part of a year now.

cant stand all this talk about saving him etc, if he's cleared to play and the coaches feel he's ready to play, play him and I hope he goes 100mph and if he doesnt go 100mph then sit him.....if hes not healthy enough to play then dont play him... he gives the skins the best chance to win and every win is important. Save him for what? if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. injuires are going to happen.

U a cowgirls fan or something?

Not at all. But I'm realistic. The guy has a sprained/strained/screwed up Achilles and hamstring. That plus a minium of preseason readiness/training means he's not going to be 100%

Realistically, he's going to get burnt, especially in the passing game

Not at all. But I'm realistic. The guy has a sprained/strained/screwed up Achilles and hamstring. That plus a minium of preseason readiness/training means he's not going to be 100%

Realistically, he's going to get burnt, especially in the passing game

Well from what everyone has been saying his Achilles is fine its his hammy. And i guess thats fine now also. But i dont think youre going to see him getting beat b/c i dont think we will see him that far away from the line. OJ will be back there. I think we will see him blitzing a lot. But sure he will be rusty and sure he might get beat but i find it hard to believe the cowboys will target him. But thats JMO.

---------- Post added September-20th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

Click the link please

:ols:

Archived