Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carroll County Times: Ravens using Redskins game as dress rehearsal for season

gortiz

"This is the biggest dress rehearsal for a real game," Ravens outside linebacker Jarret Johnson said. "We matched more film for them than we did the other games. The first preseason game, you barely watch any film on your opponent. Second, you watch a little bit.

"This game, we actually broke down some plays and watched them on film and game-planned them a little bit. This is definitely the biggest dress rehearsal as far as a preseason game."

Even though this is just a preseason game, the Ravens and Redskins' fans don't always treat it that way.

And the players acknowledged that they get a bit more competitive when it comes to playing the Redskins.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/local/ravens-using-redskins-game-as-dress-rehearsal-for-season/article_b54a8b3e-cec1-11e0-bfdd-001cc4c03286.html

not exaclty breaking news, but this was pretty sobering. I never really heard a player put that much emphasis on a the 3rd preseason game.

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/local/ravens-using-redskins-game-as-dress-rehearsal-for-season/article_b54a8b3e-cec1-11e0-bfdd-001cc4c03286.html

not exaclty breaking news, but this was pretty sobering. I never really heard a player put that much emphasis on a the 3rd preseason game.

I consider this a good thing. We can see how our team really stacks up.

No more qualifying our performances vs. a Steeler team that wasn't taking the first preseason game seriously or a Colts team without P. Manning.

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 09:33 AM ----------

They will never sniff another Superbowl, the Steelers own them.

Fixed it for you

I'm just praying we don't get embarassed on national tv.

I sympathise with the feeling, but at some point this team has to begin to re-assert itself after years of miserable mismanagement. I feel we have a better, younger squad that is more comfortable with the system on offense and defense. The important battle is the comparison of first teams, the final result is largely irrelevant, and remember that we are a work in progress, not the finished item.

At first the Redskins was a Joke now teams are game planning up in preseason. I hope we go out there and light the field on fire tonight. What they think we are going to go out there and run those same vanilla plays we did against the Colts and Steelers. Mike & Kyle is smarter then that.... The Ravens will look bad if they lose. The Skins have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

I really want us to win so the media can swallow some of their words.

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 09:56 AM ----------

I hope their QB survive Orakpo, Bowen, Cofield, and Kerrigan, We might get our first Taser Sack Dance tonight.

oooooooooooooooooooooooh snap.

Redskins gonna bring it. Flacco's gonna get K O'ed by Kerrakpo!

Thats pretty clever. Gonna have to steal that one when talkin trash to opposing teams fans. Haha.

This will be a true test for both our running game and Beck. Before the preseason I had little hope for any success this season. After the first two games my hopes are getting higher and higher. If the Skins look good against the Ravens tonight i'll be back to my usual high hopes like i have every other season.

Well, I've got a pretty large bet riding on this one with a pretty smoking hot chick who's a die hard Raven fan. Put it this way, if we don't win, then I'm ******, literally!

- come to think of it, I win either way... I really screwed her!

(didn't realize I had so many sexual innuendos in that post)

I didn't think anyone here on ES thought the Skins would be able to actually compete with the upper tier teams anyway...the Redskins could go out and look mediocre tonight and still end up with a 9-7 record lol. Not showing up well against the Ravens isn't a sign that the team will suck.

Even IF the Skins look impressive against the Ravens' 1st team, I'm still gonna be thinking "Wait until the regular season". I mean, I'll be impressed and will allow some positive scenarios to float through my head :D...but in reality nothing that happens to night will either send my expectations skyward or have them crashing to the ground like Wile E. Coyote running off a cliff holding an anvil lol...

I just want to see everyone come out healthy. Unfortunatly I think it will be a sloppy game with all the rain we are going to see today going into tonight.

That's unfortunate since I was hoping for a game that would help the coaching staff better evaluate the passing game. It's going to be tough it the weather conditions aren't right.

And yes, I also hope for no injuries.

At first the Redskins was a Joke now teams are game planning up in preseason. I hope we go out there and light the field on fire tonight. What they think we are going to go out there and run those same vanilla plays we did against the Colts and Steelers. Mike & Kyle is smarter then that.... The Ravens will look bad if they lose. The Skins have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

I really want us to win so the media can swallow some of their words.

I want 3 things: No injuries, no turnovers by the Skins offense, and solid play on both sides of the ball by the Skins. I really don't care who wins this game.

I want the media crow-eating to start in the regular season.

105.7 The Fan out of baltimore, really hyping this game "The Battle of the Beltway". Commercial goes something along the lines of "they're not the steelers, and they don't have rothlesberger, but they have a Snyder, and their town is full of *******s in congress" :ols: I can't remember exactly how it went but it was along those lines. I just laughed. I know its preseason, but I hope we do beat the **** out of them.

Gawd I hope our QBs survive this game

This will be THE test of our OL. If they can hold up to their DL, we will have something special for the year! (IMHO)

Skins win or first team O looks good: "Wow ravens came out flat"

Ravens win: "Skins terrible as everyone thought"

We will know my young padawan...

Well, I've got a pretty large bet riding on this one with a pretty smoking hot chick who's a die hard Raven fan. Put it this way, if we don't win, then I'm ******, literally!

- come to think of it, I win either way... I really screwed her!

(didn't realize I had so many sexual innuendos in that post)

Waaaaaiiiiiiit... either I'm reading too much into this, you're lying, or she's really, REALLY desperate. If it's the latter, then there's a reason why...

Be careful, bro.

Archived