Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins = Extreme Mess

P90Xpert

Roll Tide. :pfft:

Roll ODU doesn't have the same ring to it, although looking forward to them playing FBS, but going to miss the wins for while at least.

Sorry to high-jack the dialogue you had... just saw the roll tide and SEC reference so wanted to get ODU in there :)

Bandwagonner! :evilg:

2012-12-03_20-00-09_117.jpg

From the first ever SEC championship game in '92. :pfft:

---------- Post added February-14th-2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

Roll ODU doesn't have the same ring to it, although looking forward to them playing FBS, but going to miss the wins for while at least.

Sorry to high-jack the dialogue you had... just saw the roll tide and SEC reference so wanted to get ODU in there :)

Nothing against you, but I hope ODU gets pummeled. I am so over the media here overhyping these guys. They are like the new Va Tech with all the unrealistic expectations. At least Tech plays defense though.:silly:

The Big-10 is a football conference first, by far, and Maryland just doesn't bring much to the table, other than a large subscriber market. Well, congrats, your athletic budget just hit the jackpot. Hope they spend the money wisely.

I guaranteed that Maryland football will be competitive by the time they enter the B1G. Other than OSU and UM (maybe) I'm not exactly quaking in fear.

Heck, Maryland's 2013 football recruiting class would have been the 4th best class in the B1G....fwiw.

I guaranteed that Maryland football will be competitive by the time they enter the B1G. Other than OSU and UM (maybe) I'm not exactly quaking in fear.

Heck, Maryland's 2013 football recruiting class would have been the 4th best class in the B1G....fwiw.

I hope to God I remember you writing that sentence in two years, when you're a middle tier team with Illinois/Purdue/Iowa, consistently losing to the big boys but able to beat Indiana and Northwestern.

As for the recruiting class...by what measure? I'm looking at your class now on ESPN. You had 20 recruits...four (4) stars, 13 three-stars, and three more that fell below that line. None in the ESPN 150 or ESPN 300.

Michigan and Ohio State aren't worth arguing about, they dominated this recruiting cycle. Nebraska had 22 recruits, eight (4) stars, and 12 three-stars. Keeping that same order, Wisconsin had 18, 5, and 11, Michigan State had 17, 6, and 9. Hell, even Penn State, under pretty crushing sanction where they can only bring in 15 kids a year...had six (4) stars seven three stars, as well as two kids in the ESPN 150, one of whom is the #1 QB recruit in the nation, the other who is ranked as the #1 receiving TE. And considering they run the Patriots offense, you can imagine what those two will do. Based on ESPN, I'd put you guys 6th or 7th at best.

But ESPN isn't the only ranking service out there, so we can look at others. Scout.com has a nice feature where you can see what the average recruit ranking was, quality over quantity, stars divided by commits. Based on that table, we get the following:

Ohio State - 4.04

Michigan - 3.81

Nebraska - 3.31

Michigan State/Penn State = 3.06

Wisconsin/Northwestern - 3.00

Maryland - 2.77. So...8th best? For what it's worth, this quality ranking also has Maryland ranked 9th in the ACC. But quantity does matter to some degree, Marylands actual ranking is #48 according to Scout, which would be good for 8th best in the ACC and 9th best in the Big 10. Scout is nice enough to give you one player in their Top 100, he's also your only 4 star player according to them, to go along with the other 21 players in your class.

There's also Rivals, but unfortunately, a lot of their site is blocked at work due to running flash. I can see that they give you a five star rating for a Juco recruit, so they're treating you nicely on that front, but overall, I think you're more middle to end of the pack than you'd like to believe.

I didn't say all Maryland fans are bad apples. But the gameday experience at your University events (at least basketball and football) is a disgrace in many ways. The University has harbored this atmosphere for years. From profanity laden chants, to ice throwing and taunting of opposing fans, to the "**** Duke" tshirt sporting student body.... the list is long.

I couldn't be happier that the athletic department's insolvency has forced them to run for the Big 10. Trust me when I say, on behalf of the entire ACC: good riddance! You will not be missed.

I'll take rowdy fans over going to football games in a suit and tie. And I say that as someone who's lived in Virginia since I was 7 (and never lived in Maryland nor gone to UMD).

Seriously, the suit-and-tie thing is the worst.

@ Forehead

Per Rivals: Maryland's 2013 Football Recruiting Class by Rank.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

Per 247 Sports: http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/TeamRankings

---------- Post added February-14th-2013 at 03:51 PM ----------

Damn...the offseason really is here when a 2-year-old call out thread hijacked by a college sports discussion is at the top of the page. :ols:

... :(

Apologies for the hijack. It wasn't intentional. :pfft:

I'd be willing to bet the majority of people in the area agree with me and not you. I'd also be willing to bet they agree with me that people who chant anything during the national anthem "Red" or "O" are disrespectful and a few other words I'll leave as a mystery to this post.

See here's the thing.

I don't care.

It's a tradition for my team and I do it when I go to an O's game. I enjoy it.

If someone wants to call me disrespectful for that, again, I don't care. they know nothing about me or what my level of respect or service or patriotism is. Iif they want to be so ignorant and shallow to make such a judgment over such a small thing, they can kindly go **** themselves :) .

~Bang

Wow, Forehead, you really know your Big 10 football! (Go Bucks!)

I like to think so. I'll grudgingly respect Ohio State and the recruiting job they've done under Meyer, even if I don't care for some of his tactics. It helps that we've played you guys relatively even over the last dozen years in terms of record and points, as long as you ignore the whole vacated wins thing.

Anyway, I'll be damned if I let Maryland enter our conference without giving them at least a minimum of **** ;)

I like to think so. I'll grudgingly respect Ohio State and the recruiting job they've done under Meyer, even if I don't care for some of his tactics. It helps that we've played you guys relatively even over the last dozen years in terms of record and points, as long as you ignore the whole vacated wins thing.

Anyway, I'll be damned if I let Maryland enter our conference without giving them at least a minimum of **** ;)

I always ignore vacated wins, vacated trophies, awards, championships, etc. I don't believe in "undoing" what happened on the field - ever, for any reason.

And man, I can't wait for football season to come back around! My Bucks and my Skins look primed for great seasons. I just hope we didn't waste all our mojo dropping a meaningless 12 wins in the bucket last year only to get beat by frigging Perdue or something next year.

At least let us actually get IN the conference before we start our rookie hazing. :pfft::ols:

See here's the thing.

I don't care.

It's a tradition for my team and I do it when I go to an O's game. I enjoy it.

If someone wants to call me disrespectful for that, again, I don't care. they know nothing about me or what my level of respect or service or patriotism is. Iif they want to be so ignorant and shallow to make such a judgment over such a small thing, they can kindly go **** themselves :) .

~Bang

of course you don't care...you are an ignorant person; as is anyone else who desecrates the national anthem. Basically you are saying you'd rather uphold the traditions of your favorite baseball team rather than respect and uphold the traditions of your country. Then you think someone judgmental of such actions should go **** themselves.....that's not a surprise coming from you Bang. You are the epitome of an "internet tough guy." Very honorable...

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 02:22 PM ----------

I like to think so. I'll grudgingly respect Ohio State and the recruiting job they've done under Meyer

They are going to dominate that conference for years to come. I envision lots of National Championship defeats for OSU at the hands of SEC teams!

I always ignore vacated wins, vacated trophies, awards, championships, etc. I don't believe in "undoing" what happened on the field - ever, for any reason.

And man, I can't wait for football season to come back around! My Bucks and my Skins look primed for great seasons. I just hope we didn't waste all our mojo dropping a meaningless 12 wins in the bucket last year only to get beat by frigging Perdue or something next year.

Your bucks ain't going nowhere! HAIL TO THE VICTOR! It's still basketball season and you ain't getting past us (even though Wisconsin and Michigan State made us look like chumps :()!

Apologies, I don't know many Big 10 fans so I talk trash and derail threads as often as possible.

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 02:31 PM ----------

Yeah, but it's a HOT mess, man!

Ahem, Extreme Mess.....Ohio State fans...smh :)

At least let us actually get IN the conference before we start our rookie hazing. :pfft::ols:

Why? Lol, all these fake Big 10 teams trying to get in on the money, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, and those Penn State people.

Why? Lol, all these fake Big 10 teams trying to get in on the money, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, and those Penn State people.

Can't lump Penn State in there. They joined in 1993, well before the money started rolling in the way it does now with the Big-10 Network and all. Besides, you needed Penn State to start opening up the mid-Atlantic, etc. And though you're a little young (yeah, I'm going there even though I'm only five years older ;)) Penn State promptly curb-stomped the entire conference in 1994. And hey, they had won two National Championships the previous decade, so they were bringing something to the table football wise. What are Maryland and Rutgers bringing us on the field? Bobby Ross ain't walking through that door. :ols:

Can't lump Penn State in there. They joined in 1993, well before the money started rolling in the way it does now with the Big-10 Network and all. Besides, you needed Penn State to start opening up the mid-Atlantic, etc. And though you're a little young (yeah, I'm going there even though I'm only five years older ;)) Penn State promptly curb-stomped the entire conference in 1994. And hey, they had won two National Championships the previous decade, so they were bringing something to the table football wise. What are Maryland and Rutgers bringing us on the field? Bobby Ross ain't walking through that door. :ols:

Lol, I know I know, my family is all Big 10 (cept for that OSU school, no one taught/graduated from there thank God!), so the running joke for years has been "you know real big 10 teams, not like penn state". We definitely root for Big 10 teams as long as they are not playing UM, or their initials are OSU. Can you tell I don't like OSU? I hope they enjoy their undefeated year w/o a bowl game.

of course you don't care...you are an ignorant person;

I've had disagreements with Bang myself, but I think that's unfair to say. Both as a generality and in this specific case. This is something that is done in a playful manner, it's not meant to be disrespectful; Braves fans do something similar. (I'm a Mets fan so if there's any fault to anything the Braves do, I'm going to call them on it.) It's something these fans do in their own stadium. If Bang went to, let's say, a Buckeyes game and did it then I'd get sad at him. I postulate that you, in fact, are the ignorant party. You are being intolerant by attempting to dictate what constitutes someone else's patriotism. In reality that expression of patriotism can be very different from one person to the next. It does not need to rely on lapel pins or covering your heart or even knowing the words. It's what's in the heart that counts.

Your bucks ain't going nowhere! HAIL TO THE VICTOR! It's still basketball season and you ain't getting past us (even though Wisconsin and Michigan State made us look like chumps :()!

Apologies, I don't know many Big 10 fans so I talk trash and derail threads as often as possible.

Ha! I understand that for sure, I don't know many either.

If memory serves, we split with y'all this year and the one we lost was in OT. So yeah, it's WIDE OPEN come tourney time!!

Funny story: I grew up in Ohio and lived there until 02. I went to work after a Washington win and said "Hail to the Reskins" to some of my buddies. They thought I said "Hail to the Victors"; I thought I was gonna be lynched on the spot! :ols:

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 04:15 PM ----------

I hope they enjoy their undefeated year w/o a bowl game.

We did, actually. :evilg:

of course you don't care...you are an ignorant person; as is anyone else who desecrates the national anthem. Basically you are saying you'd rather uphold the traditions of your favorite baseball team rather than respect and uphold the traditions of your country. Then you think someone judgmental of such actions should go **** themselves.....that's not a surprise coming from you Bang. You are the epitome of an "internet tough guy." Very honorable...

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 02:22 PM ----------

They are going to dominate that conference for years to come. I envision lots of National Championship defeats for OSU at the hands of SEC teams!

Whatever slappy.

Here's the thing. Mind your business, and i mind mine.

what you see as desecration I don't.

and if you listen to the song and know what it stands for, that's how this country works.

If you don't like me doing it, then don't sit next to me at an Orioles game. Pretty simple.

I'm an ignorant internet tough guy :ols:

Man, people make very large judgments based on very LITTLE information.

Stay happy, now.

~Bang

This thread was more fun when it was about butthurt message board posters raging against diabolical moderators.

Oh come on.

Poop on the flag with me!

then we can go beat up some internet aliases and take their virtual lunch money!

~Burp

---------- Post added February-15th-2013 at 09:52 PM ----------

I've had disagreements with Bang myself, but I think that's unfair to say. Both as a generality and in this specific case. This is something that is done in a playful manner, it's not meant to be disrespectful; Braves fans do something similar. (I'm a Mets fan so if there's any fault to anything the Braves do, I'm going to call them on it.) It's something these fans do in their own stadium. If Bang went to, let's say, a Buckeyes game and did it then I'd get sad at him. I postulate that you, in fact, are the ignorant party. You are being intolerant by attempting to dictate what constitutes someone else's patriotism. In reality that expression of patriotism can be very different from one person to the next. It does not need to rely on lapel pins or covering your heart or even knowing the words. It's what's in the heart that counts.

Thanks!

For the record, and as i stated when i made my first post, I ONLY do it at Oriole games. I won't do it anywhere else, because it's only an Orioles tradition.

it's not like we change the words, we accentuate a letter. (And we do it in view of the harbor that was under attack, looking toward the very ramparts behind which it was written.)

If that causes people to question my patriotism, well, that's a very BIG judgment to make based on very little information.

Very shallow.

Life's too short for so much worry.

~Bang

Archived