Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Suzy Kolber on sidelines: Terrell Thomas - CB Giants out for year with torn ACL

Bigmuss1

Anyone think the Giants could be buyers in the CB market?

I don't know, but they'll probably be able to re-sign their best CB (Thomas) relatively cheap this offseason. He was going to demand huge money if he had another season like last year.

Not that that helps them now. But its one bit of silver lining.

Thinking I should start Santana Moss week one, I have him on the bench on my fantasy team and Austin Colley in the flex spot. Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe are my starting WR's, any suggestions? (Not meaning to take this off topic just thought I'd get a quick opinion)

I would go with tana over colley. Who are your bench RBs?

Giant fans must be praying this injury trend doesn't continue like it did a few years ago when they entered the season with high hopes and ended decimated. They will be scouring the waiver wire for CB's.

For the first time ever I am rooting for a NY Giant (yuck).....How about UFA Mark Herzlich? I so wanted the Redskins to use a 7th on him!

And for the Bears, how about Roy Williams...lol. Thought they'd use Johnny Kox more at WR.

Tough luck for TT - that guy was great the last 2 years - I think he led in interceptions and tackles for them. Ross better not get hurt or the Giants will be begging the Eagles for one of their CBs.

Wins in preseason dont mean much - getting jelled and staying healthy is. Heres to another week of staying healthy in the NFCE...

I would go with tana over colley. Who are your bench RBs?

Starting RB's are Jamaal Charles and LeGarrete Blount, bench RB's aren't that good though, I have CJ Spiller, Roy Helu, and LaDainian Tomlinson. Thinking Moss in the flex is my best bet over all of them since none are feature backs.

Injuries suck, but people acted shocked when it happens every preseason. Its football, injuries happen. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Well this is potentially a bit more serious since it is the 2nd ACL tear on that knee for Thomas. He injured it in college in '05. According to a doc:

"The success rate isn't what it's said to be: 100 percent," Glashow said. "It's probably about 85-88 percent and it's probably about 75 percent with a revision. Revisions clearly do not do as well."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/doc_thomas_recovery_no_sure_thing_Bx85rCKDRIAMIj9xliqDeJ#ixzz1VwxFxhZa

Archived