Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsCenter just referred to Brian Mitchell as "former EAGLES standout"....

'Skins_&_'Stons

maybe im in the minority but i watch sportscenter everyday and i never see the anti-redskins bias. If anything i see the big market bias because the only teams that really get mentioned are the really good team or the teams in big markets (like all nfc east teams)

No, they didnt say this to spite redskins nation. To the best of their knowledge, his best years were in philly. And they probably think he was drafted with their own great...mike golic lol...is it just me or does golic speak as if he was some kind of a factor on the football field?

All y'all haters watch ESPN, don't lie. Who cares what they say anyhow. But don't act like you don't turn it on ever or get scores and watch sports center etc. Cause you all are the same ones that point out it was aired in the first place, then spout hate and how you "dont watch it". Grow the **** up.

No, they didnt say this to spite redskins nation. To the best of their knowledge, his best years were in philly. And they probably think he was drafted with their own great...mike golic lol...is it just me or does golic speak as if he was some kind of a factor on the football field?
Michael Golic, in his prime, was more disruptive than any D-lineman we've had in the last 25 years. I wouldn't poke too much fun at him.

Mitchell actually played in meaningful games with the Eagles. An accurate representation by ESPN.
Superbowl XXVI wasn't meaningful?

Mitchell was actually on the WINNING team that game.

---------- Post added August-16th-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

That's the hype, but his best years KR, rushing, recieving, were with the Skins. LINK

I watch enough ESPN to notice that last week and before, the Redskins were the butt of many jokes and insults. Now that we went out and proved that we wouldn't be the worst team in the NFL after the Steelers game, any reference to the Redskins has stopped. I guess the new motto at ESPN is "If you can't say anything bad, don't say anything at all".

BMitch’s strained relationship with Redskins Nation aside...

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/thepistonsfanTRADEPAGE/?action=view&current=VID_20110816_182714.mp4

Dear ESPN' date='

Suck my ass.

-S&S

[url']http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MitcBr00.htm[/url]

However, I find it interesting that his yards per return for both punting and kick returning were better when he played for the Eagles than when he played for us. He had a nice career with us; his negativity as an announcer has soured my taste for him unfortunately. Much like Riggins....but then Riggins always was an ******* even as a player. I never had that impression of Mitchell as a player.

However, I find it interesting that his yards per return for both punting and kick returning were better when he played for the Eagles than when he played for us. He had a nice career with us; his negativity as an announcer has soured my taste for him unfortunately. Much like Riggins....but then Riggins always was an ******* even as a player. I never had that impression of Mitchell as a player.
I thought he was good, our 90's version of Mike Nelms. In hindsight we never should have replaced him with Peon Sanders, Mitchell didn't even want to leave! But since he's been on the radio, he's just ****ell now.

Dear ESPN' date='

Suck my ass.

-S&S

[/quote']

:rotflmao:

Bmitch is one of my fav redskins too.... True he has a big mouth but he always had that. Even in the days he played for the skins... No one and I mean no one caught returns on the run like he did and no one return them back like he did. He is a skin far b4 any iggle team.

I did hear that and thought it was funny. And I just KNEW someone would make a thread about it. Another perk held by us NNTers is not having to post stupid **** like that.

I wonder if it was an intern from Philly who typed that up on the teleprompter.

---------- Post added August-16th-2011 at 11:57 PM ----------

Bingo

As a young fan I don't give a damn about a bitter EX-Redskin who never has anything positive to say.

Bitter? Do you realize what the organization - and that's a generous way of saying Dan Snyder - did to this guy?

Got rid of an excellent longtime Redskin who was still playing well in favor of Deion Sanders, who to this day is one of the most hated Redskins - by their own fans - of all time?

This actually happened. It's like if Jack Kent Cooke had cut John Riggins to sign Tony Dorsett.

Brian Mitchell is way overrated. Was he a good return guy and utility runningback? Yes. But he isn't a Hall of Famer. He has bloated career numbers thanks to the NFL moving the kickoff back from the 35 to the 30 in 1994. It was his kickoff return yards that bloated his numbers and everyone else's during that era (1994-2010), remember Rock Cartwright put up well over 1000 yards in KO returns too and some were trying to anoint him a good return guy.

Look at Mitchell's numbers 1990-93 and then after the rule change.

Again he was a solid spot player on offense and good return guy but far from a HOF player in my opinion. He (and others) just compiled yards on KO returns thanks to rule changes.

Give me Mike Nelms any day.

I don't know why so many people get the idea that Brian Mitchell is a Redskins hater. Yes, he has been hard on the team over the years but I believe that he has just been showing frustration with how the team has been run over the years. Just because he isn't a kool-aid drinkin, rah-rah homer doesn't make him a hater. As far as ESPN goes I'll explain it like this: How many of you remember the kids in school that always were fans of the winning team or most popular team & changed teams when those changed. Well, that is ESPN. If the Redskins started winning regularly & have consistent championship contending teams, then EPSN will jump right on the bandwagon. I just hope that Jacoby & Butz are there to throw them off. New fans are always welcome but bandwagon fans we just don't need.

BTW, people give the Philly fans a break. The only sports icon they have is Rocky Balboa.

Michael Golic, in his prime, was more disruptive than any D-lineman we've had in the last 25 years. I wouldn't poke too much fun at him.

negative...you might want to check your sources on that one...is this greeny?

---------- Post added August-17th-2011 at 02:19 AM ----------

Superbowl XXVI wasn't meaningful?

Mitchell was actually on the WINNING team that game.

---------- Post added August-16th-2011 at 11:09 PM ----------

That's the hype, but his best years KR, rushing, recieving, were with the Skins. LINK

im guessing you didnt catch my sarcasm

That's absolutely ridiculous...which ***bag on ESPN said that? Despite what a jerk he is now, they guy should always be recognized as a Redskin....That's like Saying Johnny Unitas the former Charger, or Joe Montana the former Chief.......really....Are they going to refer to Favre as he retires as the former Jet/Viking?

Good analogies.

Oh ESPN ... WTF.

HTTR

Seriously.

Stupid, stupid mistake by ESPN, but you people are so paranoid about ESPN and their so-called "anti Redskins" bias. That's laughable. Stop being such homers.

Maybe so, but I demand a full retraction on tomorrow's Sportscenter. :D

Archived