Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsCenter just referred to Brian Mitchell as "former EAGLES standout"....

'Skins_&_'Stons

Who cares lol? Like, really?

I do, Brian is one of my favorite Redskins. Hopefully on of the next Redskins to go into the HOF (Jacoby, Clark). Sucks that he didn't finish his career here but that really wasn't his fault either.

Edit: to clarify, I care that B. Mitch is identified as a Redskin. Not surprised to see the mistake made by ESPN though.

That's absolutely ridiculous...which ***bag on ESPN said that? Despite what a jerk he is now, they guy should always be recognized as a Redskin....That's like Saying Johnny Unitas the former Charger, or Joe Montana the former Chief.......really....Are they going to refer to Favre as he retires as the former Jet/Viking?

That's absolutely ridiculous...which ***bag on ESPN said that? Despite what a jerk he is now, they guy should always be recognized as a Redskin....That's like Saying Johnny Unitas the former Charger, or Joe Montana the former Chief.......really....Are they going to refer to Favre as he retires as the former Jet/Viking?

Amen! That is absolutely absurd! great analogy to Montana too. Its exactly the same. That freakin network should be ashamed of itself.

I didn't see this, but is it possible that they were just using context? For example, were they discussing the Eagles prior to introducing BMitch? If so, it's nothing more than a segue used in broadcasting all the time.

"...and that's why the Eagles might not be as well positioned to win the East as everyone believes. We now bring in former Eagle standout Brian Mitchell to discuss..."

I didn't see this, but is it possible that they were just using context? For example, were they discussing the Eagles prior to introducing BMitch? If so, it's nothing more than a segue used in broadcasting all the time.

"...and that's why the Eagles might not be as well positioned to win the East as everyone believes. We now bring in former Eagle standout Brian Mitchell to discuss..."

Great question. If this is the context I'd be alot more understanding about it. Good question TD.

Really don't care on Both sides,

1.) I ONLY watch ESPN when a football game is on or Fantasy football show. Other than that the station blows...

2.) I don't Follow Brain Mitchell at all, especially after he left the Skins and hated on us we he started hitting the airwaves here. Though I think he has mellowed a little bit.

serious question though how well did he play when he was with philthy? cuz if he was just good or merely average with them wouldnt calling him "a former eagle standout" still be incorrect?

Well if you had actually clicked on the OP's link....

Archived