Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings: Preseason (Redskins 29th)

JeffSchmeff

Yes, but if that is the case, won't the Eagles be terrible too? They have a lot of turnover on their team as well. Can all those "star" players mesh?.

the eagles got a bunch of probowl monsters. you dont add asomugah and get worse on defense, or rodgers cromartie. and they mostly added complementary guys here and there, their corp (vick, mccoy, jackson, maclin, celek) on offense is still in tact, and the corp on defense (cole, parker, samuel) plus the newer proven guys will be successful. not sure theyre the superbowl team, but theyre just fine.

We do know the offense will be terrible? Well, folks have been complaining about the o-line. You can't complain when they try to fix it. And Brown was injured, but came on strong. .

the whole offense was overturned. new QB, 3 new starting oline, new starting RB, new WR, the list goes on. and nobody is proven. we didnt add a bunch of pro bowl talent everywhere on offense, we simply drafted a bunch of guys and plugged in some dudes from last year that know the system.

I think our WRs will be better than you imagine. It is no longer Moss and a bunch of scrubs. The QB situation is no "trainwreck". In Flux? Yes, but not a trainwreck..

our WR might be better, but someone has to throw them the ball. and you dont think john beck and rex grossman are a trainwreck? we have the #1 worst QB situation in the NFL right now. nobody is worse than us. and "in flux" would indicate that we are in the middle of something. these QBs are both end of the road, and neither will most likely be here next year except as a backup, unless shanny wants to keep his job.

I didn't chalk those up as wins. I said we should be in every game with each one of those teams. If we lose them, we lose them. If we win them, we win them. That being said, I'm not buying the forgone conclusion of 3-13 that some people here are trying to sell. Unless it's through severely bad luck, I just don't see how a team that has done nothing but improve its personnel can do worse than they did last year.

I don't think we will go 3-13, I think a 5 or 6 win season is certainly possible!

It's ok bro only reason I responded was to disspell a notion that you brought up

To me looking at the Win Loss record this year won't be an accurate discription or answer to the question

"Did we improve"

I think the seasons screwed now because of one position

QB

You can be on the Beck Bandwagon

Or the Rex and Roll Express

But either way I think neither are going to be capable of getting us any wins this year

It's 2006 all over again, great team defense but the offense sinks the ship, imo

No, neither of those QBs are Elway, and will put you on their back and carry you. The question is, will they need to.

Don't getr me wrong. I don't expect us to be contenders, but some of these predictions leave me scratching my head.

Yes, but 2-14? 3-13? I mean really? You can't put "bad, but improving" on that? :)

I just don't get those predictions.

how? if we have some of our rookies show something, thats something to build on. when the lions have been bad the last few years or the rams, youve seen some things that they can build on. the lions had calvin johnson show up, stafford showed promise, louis delmas showed promise, gosder cherilus showed promise, etc. hell if hankerson and one of our rookie RB turn out to be legit, trent williams plays very well, and jenkins and some other rookies play well and we go 3-13, the season was a success IMO.

the panthers have a very good run game, and until i see otherwise, our defense still isnt good against the run. plus if newton actually shows anything, and can scramble around and make some plays, they will beat us.

the vikings have adrian peterson and mcnabb, this doesnt need explanation.

the seahawks will be bad but our game is at qwest field, the toughest place to play on the road. and if you follow this team you know how piss poor we are in that stadium.

the 49ers, thats a winable game if we can stop frank gore.

the cardinals is winnable cause its at home, but if larry fitz and kolb are actually on the same page, we probably lose.

and honestly im not even sure we win a divisional game.

So what you are saying is you are giving every team we play the benefit of the doubt that their changes are upgrades and giving the Redskins none.

What are you basing this off of, or did you just not have anything meaningful to say and instead pull smart ass comment cards out of your rear!?

I'm basing this off the facct that you just earnestly stated that Mark Brunell and Tyrod Taylor could lead their teams to the playoffs, instead of two quarterbacks who have helped get their teams to the playoffs every year. Mark Sanchez ain't top ten, but that guy made some of the most clutch plays in games I've ever seen, and he shines in the playoffs. And Flacco has been productive every year he's been in the league, including last year, when the Ravens weren't top 10 in rushing and he had his best statistical season.

It ain't being a smart ass when a guy says 40-something year old Mark Brunell could lead anyone to the playoffs, or Tyrod Taylor (who I liked and hoped we'd draft in the later rounds) could lead them to the playoffs in a truncated offseason.

Let's be real now, sir.

The Bengals just drafted Andy Dalton this year

For them to draft a QB they would have to pull a Carolina and give up on him in one season

I think they are too cheap to do that

And Buffalo could have drafted a QB this year but are riding Fitzpatrick for all he's worth

Not sure they would draft a QB with the top pick either

Us on the other hand would draft one I believe

Teams that would draft a Quarterback if they draft #1:

Miami

Bills

Cleveland

Cinncinatti

KC

Oakland

Denver

Seattle

Arizona

San Francisco

And I wouldn't be shocked if every team in the league did with the exceptions of San Diego, Pittsburgh, Houston, Green Bay, St. Louis, Atlanta, Carolina, TB, NO.

21 teams would draft Luck if they had the pick.

We beat the Eagles, Packers, and Bears last year. The Packers and Bears went to the NFC Championship game. We are going to win some games that you have marked down as L's here. If they played the game on paper we would have won three or four super bowls last decade.

pfff and we lost to the lions, vikings, and rams. your argument goes both ways. we'll lose to teams worse than us as often as we beat teams that are better.

So what you are saying is you are giving every team we play the benefit of the doubt that their changes are upgrades and giving the Redskins none.

not at all, im saying those other teams didnt need upgrades to beat us, they already had established weapons that we dont have. each one of those teams has a serious legit offensive weapon that has gashed us in the past, and regardless of our upgrades, i still dont think we can keep up with those teams.

I wish I could slap some of you. We havn't even played 1 fu**ing pre-season game and you guys are already to jump overboard. Since some of you brain dead skin fans havn't noticed, each year these so called "experts" will predict this and that about teams in the NFL all day long untill they're blue in the face but every year they are WRONG! THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES! I mean did any one of you so called Skin "fans" believe a goon of a QB named Todd Collins could help lead us to a 10-6 record in 05? THE NFL IS THE ONLY LEAGUE THAT'S TRULY UNPERDICTABLE!

NOW LETS ENJOY SOME REDSKINS FOOTBALL AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

Hail.

I wish I could slap some of you. We havn't even played 1 fu**ing pre-season game and you guys are already to jump overboard. Since some of you brain dead skin fans havn't noticed, each year these so called "experts" will predict this and that about teams in the NFL all day long untill they're blue in the face but every year they are WRONG! THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES! I mean did any one of you so called Skin "fans" believe a goon of a QB named Todd Collins could help lead us to a 10-6 record in 05? THE NFL IS THE ONLY LEAGUE THAT'S TRULY UNPERDICTABLE!

Hail.

YAAAAAHHH!!! WHHHOOOOOOO!!!

Oh, except forget about our saviour Beck leading the way since he got beat out by Fatty Rex. Oh well. Maybe Rex will play like he's in Gainsville!!! :ols: Who am I kidding.

The defense will be better. The offense will be better. The record won't be.

Yes, but 2-14? 3-13? I mean really? You can't put "bad, but improving" on that? :)

I just don't get those predictions.

You actually can. Again..."we lost XXX games by only 5 points or less last year..." Well so what. We also won as many games by a similar margin. The Skins could have been 8-8 last year...they also could have been 2-14. The point is they weren't a good team.

A similar margin of error could easily result in a better or worse won/loss record than last year. It's actually fairly irrelevant. I'll be watching the play on the field, not putting all the weight in comparing non-playoff season records.

---------- Post added August-9th-2011 at 02:22 PM ----------

how? if we have some of our rookies show something, thats something to build on. when the lions have been bad the last few years or the rams, youve seen some things that they can build on. the lions had calvin johnson show up, stafford showed promise, louis delmas showed promise, gosder cherilus showed promise, etc. hell if hankerson and one of our rookie RB turn out to be legit, trent williams plays very well, and jenkins and some other rookies play well and we go 3-13, the season was a success IMO.

Exactly. Every year we lose to the Lions and Rams, and every year people go stomping around saying "WTF?!?! How could we lose THE RAMS!?!?!?!"

All the while, people have been ignoring that in fact those teams are younger teams, showing more inspired play despite the W/L record.

We could easily win only 3 games this year, but show more promising play on the field.

Hail.

I didn't believe Todd Collins could lead us to 10-6 in 2005, and I was right.

I'll be shocked if we aren't a bottom 5 team this year. 29th seems fair.

Hail.

youre right. todd collins was such a cog for us in 2005. how could i forget his heroics that year. thank you for reminding me.

Yea, I would. The Ravens and Jets QB;s are shadowed by the talent around them, so yes, Brunell and Taylor could have the same result. Like I said, Clemens should have been the starter in NY, not Sanchez. It may be my personal opinion, but they are extremely overrated QB's

I, concur.... Both are overrated, if you ask me. They are decent QBs surrounded by solid ball clubs. That is why football is the ultimate team sport. I'm totally not a fan of Flacco. None at all.

Teams that would draft a Quarterback if they draft #1:

Miami

Bills

Cleveland

Cinncinatti

KC

Oakland

Denver

Seattle

Arizona

San Francisco

And I wouldn't be shocked if every team in the league did with the exceptions of San Diego, Pittsburgh, Houston, Green Bay, St. Louis, Atlanta, Carolina, TB, NO.

21 teams would draft Luck if they had the pick.

Since you want to disagree with me why don't you justify how lots of those teams you said would draft a QB next year decided not to draft one in this years and other years past?

You have no meat on the bones with this, both of us are specualting.

Not sure why you want to argue about that?

If they wanted to draft a QB why didn't they? Sorry that's a sellout and I'm not buying

Archived