Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings: Preseason (Redskins 29th)

JeffSchmeff

That would be nice, but the two candidates that might finish worse is the Bengles and the Bills and both of those teams would draft a QB.

bills will go like 6-10. fitzpatrick is good enough to get them some wins.

and unless daulton is abysmal, i cant see cincy taking another QB. and with benson, their solid oline, and their always decent defense i dont see them finishing worse than 5-11.

So you think the Redskins will do WORSE than last year? (They were 6-10 last year)

Why? What draws you to that conclusion?

Schedule looks pretty tough to me, and this team isn't very good. I figure we win one division game, probably against the Cowboys. Then we pick up about 2 wins against either Arizona, Carolina, San Fran or Seattle. Against the AFC East, the Patriots and the Jets are going to murder us, then we should be able to split against Buffalo and Miami. Maybe we beat Minnesota end of year, doubt it though, probably luck box a win along the way somewhere. Giving us 5 wins. I hope I am wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

Seriously, I can see us going 1-5 in the division and it wouldn't suprise me if we go 0-6. We also have to play the AFC East and tough NFC teams. I actually got us going 4-12.

Well, that is your prediction, but not why. Why do people think that the team will, not only be bad, but worse than last season?

So you'd take Mark Brunell and Tyrod Taylor and go on a playoff run then?

Yeah, okay, sir. Whatever you say.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Yea, I would. The Ravens and Jets QB;s are shadowed by the talent around them, so yes, Brunell and Taylor could have the same result. Like I said, Clemens should have been the starter in NY, not Sanchez. It may be my personal opinion, but they are extremely overrated QB's

Seriously, I can see us going 1-5 in the division and it wouldn't suprise me if we go 0-6. We also have to play the AFC East and tough NFC teams. I actually got us going 4-12.

How exactly are the Panthers, Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers, and Cardinals tough? The only NFC West that we might have a problem beating is the Rams. We should be in every game otherwise.

Well, that is your prediction, but not why. Why do people think that the team will, not only be bad, but worse than last season?

because as much as everyone thinks mcnabb was so awful, he kept us in multiple games and even won us a few. i know everyone has this fantasy that grossman outplayed mcnabb last season but its just not true. grossman played 3 games, had one good one, fumbled constantly and threw horrid picks. no way grossman wins the green bay game or the first eagles game.

if grossman had been the starter last year or beck, we probably go 3-13, which is what we'll go this year.

Schedule looks pretty tough to me, and this team isn't very good. I figure we win one division game, probably against the Cowboys. Then we pick up about 2 wins against either Arizona, Carolina, San Fran or Seattle. Against the AFC East, the Patriots and the Jets are going to murder us, then we should be able to split against Buffalo and Miami. Maybe we beat Minnesota end of year, doubt it though, probably luck box a win along the way somewhere. Giving us 5 wins. I hope I am wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

Well, you seem to be basing your prediction solely on schedule strength.

Fortunately, the games aren't played on paper. :) Gues we will see.

How exactly are the Panthers, Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers, and Cardinals tough? The only NFC West that we might have a problem beating is the Rams. We should be in every game otherwise.

the panthers have a very good run game, and until i see otherwise, our defense still isnt good against the run. plus if newton actually shows anything, and can scramble around and make some plays, they will beat us.

the vikings have adrian peterson and mcnabb, this doesnt need explanation.

the seahawks will be bad but our game is at qwest field, the toughest place to play on the road. and if you follow this team you know how piss poor we are in that stadium.

the 49ers, thats a winable game if we can stop frank gore.

the cardinals is winnable cause its at home, but if larry fitz and kolb are actually on the same page, we probably lose.

and honestly im not even sure we win a divisional game.

Yea, I would. The Ravens and Jets QB;s are shadowed by the talent around them, so yes, Brunell and Taylor could have the same result. Like I said, Clemens should have been the starter in NY, not Sanchez. It may be my personal opinion, but they are extremely overrated QB's

...Every day I become a little happier that fans don't become general managers...

Exactly. Our division games will be tough and so will the Jets and Patriots' games. But outside of the 8, we have a good chance in the other 8. The Bills, Dolphins, Vikings, Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals, Panthers, and Rams don't scare me too much. Yes we've had some problems with the Rams lately, but its not like they are some juggernaut of a team.

No one can argue the fact that Sanchez is turd, but Flacco is a very good (possibly even great) QB. His stats show that he's improved and progressed with every single season. Ultimately, I see him being the kind of QB that gets you 28-32 TDs and only 10-16 INTs per season; I'd love to have a QB like that.

No one can argue the fact that Sanchez is turd, but Flacco is a very good (possibly even great) QB. His stats show that he's improved and progressed with every single season. Ultimately, I see him being the kind of QB that gets you 28-32 TDs and only 10-16 INTs per season; I'd love to have a QB like that.

look at the talent that he is surrounded by... When you have an unstoppable running game and all pro receivers, and a defense that puts you in position to score every time... hell I'd probably get a few TD's in there

---------- Post added August-9th-2011 at 01:37 PM ----------

I second that.

good insight... next

What are you basing this off of, or did you just not have anything meaningful to say and instead pull smart ass comment cards out of your rear!?

You actually said that Mark Fricken Brunell would have the same success that Mark Sanchez have if he was starting. I'm not Sanchez is a top 10 QB, but you really need to take the Mark Brunell comment back.

because as much as everyone thinks mcnabb was so awful, he kept us in multiple games and even won us a few. i know everyone has this fantasy that grossman outplayed mcnabb last season but its just not true. grossman played 3 games, had one good one, fumbled constantly and threw horrid picks. no way grossman wins the green bay game or the first eagles game.

if grossman had been the starter last year or beck, we probably go 3-13, which is what we'll go this year.

Sorry, don't agree. McNabb was terrible last year, and Grossman was better.

For no other reason than Rex did what was asked of him. McNabb wanted to play streetball and do his own thing. Rex worked within the system. McNabb fought it ( and its coaches).

Does that mean Grossman is a better QB than McNabb? Of course not. But I will take a decent QB playing the system than a declining good/great QB doing his own thing (which often resulted in a lot of dirt throws).

I just don't see how this team will be worse. We got better players suited for the 3-4. Better players at WR. A year under our belts in Shanhan's system. A better o-line and d-line (seemingly anyway).

All of this is on paper, and none of it is Super Bowl worthy (yet :) ), but I just don't see how we will be a worse team and only win half the games we won last season.

As i've pointed out in several threads... the last 2 years, we have LOST to the 49er's, Rams, Seahawks, Panthers and Bengals. We beat the Rams once of the 2 matches.

Yet, year after year.. the homers instantly try to chalk those games up as W's.... WE LOST PEOPLE.. WE LOST TO THOSE TEAMS.

So you think the Redskins will do WORSE than last year? (They were 6-10 last year)

Why? What draws you to that conclusion?

I have them 3-13 to 6-10 at best this year

Records aren't going to be an indicator of if this team improved from last year

Clearly we have improved

But the rest of the league has too and with that in mind here's how I see it going down:

REDSKINS 2011 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Time TV

Sun.,Sept. 11 New York Giants 4:15 - In the battle of remembering 911, it's the Giants come on. They own us (L)

Sun., Sept. 18 Arizona Cardinals 1 pm - This is a toss up but have a good feeling that we can beat Kolb (W)

Mon., Sept. 26 @ Dallas Cowboys 8:30 pm - Monday Night Game, prime time....(L)

Sun., Oct. 2 @ St. Louis Rams - Think this is a repeat of last year (L)

Sun., Oct. 9 BYE --- ---

Sun., Oct. 16 Philadelphia Eagles - With the team they built I don't think we stand a chance (L)

Sun., Oct. 23 @ Carolina Panthers - If Cam's playing I'm going to be pissed. We should win but against rookie QB's...(L)

Sun., Oct. 30 @ Buffalo Bills (Toronto) - We will win this game. Only one of two I feel confident about on the schedule (W)

Sun., Nov. 6 San Francisco 49ers - Toss up. I will go with a win here (W)

Sun., Nov. 13 @ Miami Dolphins - Clear win. The winning streaks on for another game (W)

Sun., Nov. 20 Dallas Cowboys - Toss up. We split with them every year (W)

Sun., Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks - Toss up. I think either we lose to the 49ers and beat Seattle or vice versa (L)

Sun., Dec. 4 New York Jets - No chance to win. They are just better (L)

Sun., Dec. 11 New England Patriots - Ditto (L)

Sun., Dec. 18 @ New York Giants - Ditto (L)

Sat., Dec. 24 Minnesota Vikings - It's Xmas eve, think we lose this game (L)

Sun., Jan. 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles - And we finish the season off the way we started (L)

That's 5-11 by my count

As i've pointed out in several threads... the last 2 years, we have LOST to the 49er's, Rams, Seahawks, Panthers and Bengals. We beat the Rams once of the 2 matches.

Yet, year after year.. the homers instantly try to chalk those games up as W's.... WE LOST PEOPLE.. WE LOST TO THOSE TEAMS.

Thank you. And you forgot to mention the Lions. Exactly how many games in a row did they lose before they beat us?

Archived