Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings: Preseason (Redskins 29th)

JeffSchmeff

lol, i wanted campbell out, that doesnt mean i think rex is somehow good haha. rex is garbage, and fine ill take him over campbell. youre talking about picking which pile of **** to eat, neither taste good.

im baffled that anybody is seriously content in thinking that either QB has a chance in hell to do anything this season.

and about running the ball, how are we gonna do that with a starter that couldnt stay healthy living in a bubble, another starter thats alergic to the football, and a bunch of rookies?

I can't recall reading anything where someone said they were ecstatic about Rex or Beck starting. I've gotten the impression that even those who are willing to entertain the thought of something better than complete failure at QB this year aren't happy with the situation.

Call me crazy, but...yes.. I am more content entertaining the thought that one of these QB's has a "chance in hell" to do something. Is it a solid chance? Probably not. Does much of the evidence point to the contrary? Yes. However, it seems like a better option than so absolutely declaring their play this season is going to be complete disaster before a meaningful snap's been played. Never say never, right?

I guess I'm actually sort of pleased that, if we didn't see what we liked in the draft, we did not; a.) invest too much in a veteran stop-gap who wouldn't represent a franchise QB or a long-term solution, or b.) draft a guy we didn't like because the outside pressure was there to do so. Given that, we're left with what we have. And, while I'm not jumping for joy, I'm more than happy to entertain/hope for the best and say there is a "chance".

Again, you said we had the worst QB situation in the NFL. I was just refuting that. I agree that our QB situation isn't where we want it to be. I wouldn't say it's garbage. I'd say it's towards the bottom, but not the absolute worst. I want a franchise QB in the draft next year. We'll have to roll the dice this year with what we are given. Torain and Portis were both hurt last year and we did OK running the ball. I want to say we were around 15th or 13th running the ball last year, but I'm too lazy to look it up. This will be the 2nd year in this offense. Rex will run the system the way it's supposed to be run. Rabach is gone, so that alone is an imporovement. It's still a guess as to how well the offense will do, but again, I just want to make a point that there are teams out there with worse QB sitiuations.

well im gonna disagree tho, i still think rex is the worst option. even the teams with rookies, the only place they can go is up, and they all have more upside than grossman. and even so, those poor QBs at least have some other factors to lean on, whereas our QBs have nothing to lean on.

For those who roughly agree and disagree with the 29th ranking, how many games do you all think we will win in 2011?

The 29th team in 2011 had a 4-12 record.

Do you all expect us to win only 4 games? Less than 6?

Has Mike Shanahan ever coached a team that bad before? If the team is actually worse this year than last year, what does that say about his performance? What would that mean for Shanahan moving forward? Zorn experienced significant regression in his second season and he was dead coach walking before the midway point.

For those who roughly agree and disagree with the 29th ranking, how many games do you all think we will win in 2011?

Has Mike Shanahan ever coached a team that bad before? If the team is actually worse this year than last year, what does that say about his performance? What would that mean for Shanahan moving forward? Zorn experienced significant regression in his second season and he was dead coach walking before the midway point.

If Shanny has 4-12 season he would have done a more miserable job than Zorn in his 2 years at the helm. Still don't think Dan should fire him. He would be a fool.

Hail!

and joe gibbs had never lost 11 games in his career, or 10, and he did both of those.

a great coach cant makeup for the fact that rex grossman and john beck are playing QB. you can only coach what you have to work with. the best chef in the world couldnt make me a 5 star dinner with a pile of **** and a carrot. were gonna be awful this year. every media outlet has us finishing in the bottom 5, some have us dead last, all reports out of camp are that the QB situation is bleak, we havent even fathomed the injuries that happen every year, and we have so many rookies and brand new guys adjusting to the team, the learning curve is going to be steep. not to mention we've only been playing football now for 2 weeks?

20 bucks says we start the season 0-5.

With a top 5 defense and the Sex Cannon at QB, you can get double digit wins.

With a top 10 defense and Rex under center, you might get 7-9 wins.

With a bottom 5 defense and Rex at QB, you're looking at a ceiling of 4-5 wins.

Subtract at least 1 win if John Beck is the starter.

So unless our defense improves exponentially, 29th is an appropriate ranking.

*And yes, I just completely disregarded all other factors outside of defense and quarterback, but I used an Oldfan formula to ensure 100% accuracy.

If Shanny has 4-12 season he would have done a more miserable job than Zorn in his 2 years at the helm. Still don't think Dan should fire him. He would be a fool.

Hail!

Disagree. You can't look at wins and losses as how well Shanny has done or not.

The way I will look at it after year two, is are we headed in the right direction? Are we developing in the right areas.

With Zorn we did absolutely zero developing, which is why we are in the situation we are in now.

Archived