Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb's first pass as a Viking ...

SB17

Didn't see this anywhere, and I rarely if ever post new threads, so mods please move this if it's in the wrong place (esp., now that McNabb is no longer with the 'skins), but I thought ESers might like this. Yesterday, I heard on Sports Talk 980 (and managed to find it on twitter) that someone tweeted McNabb's first pass:

"

JuddZulgad JuddZulgad

McNabb's first pass is low to Shiancoe and ends up on ground. Fans moan. Calm down. #stribkato"

:ols:

(this is not to be confused with his first 11-on-11 pass today which I understand went for an 80-yd. TD ...)

WHO FREAKING CARES!?!?!?!?

Seriously this **** is BEYONG annoying. He is no longer on this team. Let it go!!!!

The thread title DID include McNabb's name, right? If your soooooo annoyed, why'd you click on the link? I really wished the mods would NNT people who add nothing to the conversation but crying and moaning.:stfu:

The thread title DID include McNabb's name, right? If your soooooo annoyed, why'd you click on the link? I really wished the mods would NNT people who add nothing to the conversation but crying and moaning.:stfu:

And what exactly does this thread bring to the discussion about the REDSKINS in the stadium forum? SO by your reasoning the thread starter should be NNT'ed.

I clicked it because I want to voce my disgust for seeing things about McNabb and Haynesworth in the stadium.

Seriously this **** is BEYONG annoying. He is no longer on this team. Let it go!!!!

Which reminds me why, as I said, I rarely post new threads ... but thanks to those who actually did find the same humor that I found in it, esp. the part where it said that the "fans moan."

And what exactly does this thread bring to the discussion about the REDSKINS in the stadium forum? SO by your reasoning the thread starter should be NNT'ed.

I clicked it because I want to voce my disgust for seeing things about McNabb and Haynesworth in the stadium.

In the OP he asked the MODs to place the thread in the appropriate forum if its in the wrong place. Honest and sometimes a confusing mistake if you aren't sure where it belongs. Calm down.

McNabb's worm burner is no suprise. Have fun Minny lol.

Minny's stadium has artificial turf, right?...If so, then no worms were harmed during the Vikings training camp. :cool:

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 07:09 PM ----------

Do you normally click on threads that you know beforehand will annoy you? lol...Strange habit if so.

I'm not complaining about the thread or anything, but McNabb's first pass as a Viking will happen about 5 weeks from now right here in San Diego. Unless he's already lost his job to Ponder. I'd be happy to watch it for ya and report back.

And Redskins fans should be interested in McNabb. If the guy plays lights out and wins 10 games for the Vikings, doesn't that say something about the Redskins?

McNabb is such a good guy. He is having difficulty later in his career. It's a shame to see people enjoying his struggles.

And yes, I clicked on a thread making fun of McNabb to say I think it sucks. Don't like it? Don't make threads gloating about others struggles.

I'm not complaining about the thread or anything, but McNabb's first pass as a Viking will happen about 5 weeks from now right here in San Diego. Unless he's already lost his job to Ponder. I'd be happy to watch it for ya and report back.

And Redskins fans should be interested in McNabb. If the guy plays lights out and wins 10 games for the Vikings, doesn't that say something about the Redskins?

First off, the other poster does have a point. Who really gives a **** what McNabb does?

As for the last question: I don't think it means a hill of beans. Two entirely different systems. Plus the Vikings have alot more talent on offense than what McNabb had here. Quite frankly, they should win 10 games.

No.

He wasn't a fit here. What he does as a Viking is no reflection of what he did as a Redskin. Different systems, different coaches, different supporting casts and most importantly, franchises in completely different places. Last year was year one of the Redskins "turn around".

Semi trollish comment, there, penas. From the posts I've read from you, I expect more from you. You have more football intelligence than that.

No.

He wasn't a fit here. What he does as a Viking is no reflection of what he did as a Redskin. Different systems, different coaches, different supporting casts and most importantly, franchises in completely different places. Last year was year one of the Redskins "turn around".

Semi trollish comment, there, penas. From the posts I've read from you, I expect more from you. You have more football intelligence than that.

Well, please believe I'm not saying something ridiculous just to get a rise out of you guys. The opposite is true, too. If McNabb goes 0-3 and loses his job to Ponder by the end of September, that says something, too. But I think that confirms the prevailing opinion on the guy. Allen and Shanahan tried to get some stability at the position by trading for a veteran starter, and it didn't work out. If McNabb still "has it", I think questions about why he couldn't make it work in Washington are legitimate.

Well, please believe I'm not saying something ridiculous just to get a rise out of you guys. The opposite is true, too. If McNabb goes 0-3 and loses his job to Ponder by the end of September, that says something, too. But I think that confirms the prevailing opinion on the guy. Allen and Shanahan tried to get some stability at the position by trading for a veteran starter, and it didn't work out. If McNabb still "has it", I think questions about why he couldn't make it work in Washington are legitimate.

I think its obvious why it didn't work in Washington.

The concrete pieces are that the Shanahan's want guys who only fit their system. They don't tailor their system to a player. Which makes the trade for Donovan a real head scratcher. Donovan handled it poorly, our coaches handled it poorly and it never should have happened. I suspect its why we're entering the season with Beck, Grossman and Clemens at QB. Shanahan doesn't want to sign a non fit again.

Now what we don't know is if Donovan is "done". If he stinks in Minnesota, with a coach who is tailoring his system to him, then he is. If he does well, then we know it was purely the fact he wasn't a fit with our personnel/staff. Doesn't mean much else.

Archived