Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insanity Workout

MissU28

Anybody here doing or have already completed the Insanity workout?

I did the fit test today and will be going full force! It would be nice to have others to go through this with!

Check the workout thread sweets. People have posted their experience with insanity.

Check the workout thread sweets. People have posted their experience with insanity.

I was in there yesterday, but the thread is so long and I didn't see anybody talking about it on the 4 or so pages I looked at. I guess I could search within the thread

edit: I see SkinsHokieFan went through it

Hey missu28,

My wife and I just completed our 2nd round of P90X and will be starting Insanity in a couple weeks. From what I hear it is pretty tough. If you have questions or problems, you can always go to teambeachbody.com and look through the forums there. Good luck, and let me know what you think.

I've had something similar. I always find myself going back to the gym. Much more motivated at the gym. Good luck.

Thanks. I have been thinking about the gym more and more lately. Mostly for the yoga classes, because my yoga joint closed down. I never get too into working out, but at least now I'll have an expensive clothes rack. :ols:

Again.....

Hey missu28,

My wife and I just completed our 2nd round of P90X and will be starting Insanity in a couple weeks. From what I hear it is pretty tough. If you have questions or problems, you can always go to teambeachbody.com and look through the forums there. Good luck, and let me know what you think.

Thanks- yeah, I've been reading up on it. And I have two friends that are doing it, and they started before me, so I like to see how it turns out for them. I warmed up for the start of Insanity this week by doing P90x plyo and cardio and kenpo. I also did a tough Jillian Michaels cardio workout yesterday. We'll see how it goes.

You back on the east coast?

Yup!

Thanks. I have been thinking about the gym more and more lately. Mostly for the yoga classes, because my yoga joint closed down. I never get too into working out, but at least now I'll have an expensive clothes rack. :ols:

Again.....

LMAO! Can you imagine the amount of expensive "clothes racks" in this country? Count me as one of them, but after a while I do manage to sell them. We are suckers of infomercials. I almost bought the Ab Contour belt. Imagine sitting in the recliner watching the 'skins AND building a six pack. Sign me up!:ols:

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 02:22 PM ----------

Yup!

Welcome back! One of the funnest times I've had was when you, "Dr Tonka" and myself watched the 'skins obliterate the '9ers at Fed Ex. Lavar was in beast mode that day.

When I was doing p90x I actually found the beachbody boards to be helpful in terms of moral support and answering questions about diet, specific exercises, equpment, etc. There was also a good thread going in the p90x section just for women which was also helpful.

Welcome back! One of the funnest times I've had was when you, "Dr Tonka" and myself watched the 'skins obliterate the '9ers at Fed Ex. Lavar was in beast mode that day.

Thanks! I hope to see you at some games this season- my boyfriend is a 9ers fan so I'm hoping that we can relive that moment when we go to that game this year.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 11:25 AM ----------

When I was doing p90x I actually found the beachbody boards to be helpful in terms of moral support and answering questions about diet, specific exercises, equpment, etc. There was also a good thread going in the p90x section just for women which was also helpful.

I'll look into it more- I've basically just been googling questions I have which take me to the threads I'm interested in. But I'll sign myself up for the website and get motivated there! Thanks

I've been doing Insanity for 3 weeks now. I'm overweight and can't keep up. But I do push myself as much as I can. Before I started, I weighed 290. I've lost 15 pounds already. I'm able to do a lil bit more and more everyday. I know the weight will stop "melting" off soon and I know I won't get the ripped abs at day 60. But I do plan to continue the program after I am done.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just finished day 2, plyo cardio circuit. I didn't know we did that warm-up THREE freaking times. I did pretty well through most of it, but once I got to the crazy ab cardio work....damn. I need a serious shower. 571 cals burned in 42 mins.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just finished day 2, plyo cardio circuit. I didn't know we did that warm-up THREE freaking times. I did pretty well through most of it, but once I got to the crazy ab cardio work....damn. I need a serious shower. 571 cals burned in 42 mins.

You get some pure cardio tomorrow :)

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Any update? Looking into starting P90x. Been working out for a long time and i get bored with the same workouts all the time...

I agree with someone who said it in either this or the workout thread, the only down side of p90x is that it's really time consuming. If you have 1+ hours a day to devote to your workout, then it's great. That's the biggest drawback in my opinion though.

The hardest part about P90X is staying committed. If you have the time to do it 6 days a week, it will definitely work for you.

Archived