Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

mysanantonio.com: Ryan takes verbal shots at Eagles

tr1

Give it some time, he needs to read this a few times before it actually sinks in. Be prepared to deal with whining, crying, and an "im taking my ball home" mentality. It didn't used to be his MO but recently he's had a woe is me posting style. This can only be remedied by his team doing well, so be patient, it's gonna take awhile.

Well, they have a young VInce Lombardi at head coach, and a clone of Rex Ryan at Defensive coordinator (apple doesn't fall too far from the tree), what does he have to be worried about?

NEVERMIND THEIR SECONDARY, they re-signed Greg (misspelled that on purpose) Sensabaugh and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (huh?); brought back 49 year old Terrance Newman!

Afterall, it doesn't matter if they've had to trim their roster (because of salary cap related problems), and it doesn't matter if they havn't added any talent to their Super Bowl - 6-10 talented roster, all they have to do is show up and win, just like their 90's teams!

Jason Garrett was the hardest working backup QB ever! Ask Troy, he should have no problem fixing all of the Cowboys problems in one year, and winning the Super Bowl in his first year as head coach.

Jason Garret ='s already done more in his short career than Mike Shanahan. Mike Shanahan hasn't done nothing without good players on his roster!

---------- Post added August-3rd-2011 at 01:50 PM ----------

TRPB, I think you need to checkout what your rivals have actually done this year, rather than stick your fingers in your ears and discount every single move the Redskins have made, just because they are your hated rival:

http://withthefirstpick.com/2011/08/02/free-agency-recap-winners-and-losers/2/

:ols::ols::ols:

TRPB gets beaten up, and keeps coming back...unreal.

BTW, can any puke fan tell me how the pukes' defense has improved personnel-wise during the off-season? Anyone? Their second best defensive player from last year is now on the Skins' roster!

:rotflmao:

I hope that Dallas will pick up a safety and another D Lineman would be great, but I can't say that there is a lot of those guys available. Double-J seems to think that the change in coaching will be enough to improve this D. I can't see that being the case. I really hope that they have something up their sleeve before the end of free agency....

but your being silly, The skins have a real shot, Dallas is a 6-10 at best team ........the 31st place defense last year and didnt improve. I know they will be a little better, but not much. the skins have just set themselves up nicely, i mean they should be in it all the way till February. Why not them....they have the best coach in the NFC in Shanny, and if Beck is any good at all, look out, they will be on fire

These HS kids you coach ..... I sincerely hope it's just football x's and o's and not life lesson's, because judging by the last 24 hours in particular it makes one wonder if your age on here is mis-typed and it should be reversed.

Hail.

These might end up being the two worst D-Coordinators in the division this season....I don't think either should be mouthing off (to the Eagles DC's credit, he hasn't yet).

This is comical considering the Skins have Haslett. Talk about a guy I would never want coaching my team...wow.

This is comical considering the Skins have Haslett. Talk about a guy I would never want coaching my team...wow.

I am not a Haslett fan but we need him to stay for continuities sake. Our LB coach worked for Pittsburgh in their 3-4 so maybe he is the next defensive coordinator in DC.

I am not a Haslett fan but we need him to stay for continuities sake. Our LB coach worked for Pittsburgh in their 3-4 so maybe he is the next defensive coordinator in DC.

I understand...especially after reading about 5 pages of this thread. I personally can't stand him but I understand why he was kept. I just am very happy to have a fresh perspective and ****iness from a coach on our team instead of the 'woe is me' aura that Phillips exuded.

You obviously did not read the rest of the thread before posting lol :cool:...

my thoughts exactly, wonder if he actually saw the stats from earlier or if RexGrossmanSuperBowl told him he saw WITH HIS EYES that rob ryan is better than haslett. people in glass houses and stones and all

Personnel additions we've made, second year in the system. Dallas has made no upgrades, were bad defensively last year and get a coordinator that is not as good as the last one. It's pretty cut and dried.

For argument's sake, I would say Philips as a coordinator, especially last year wasn't very good b/c he sucked as a head coach. And, to be honest, Skins D was very bad last year as well. I think the additions @ safety & DL will help, but I don't think it's as straightforward as some think. But, I'm on the outside looking in at the two teams, so I could be wrong.

These HS kids you coach ..... I sincerely hope it's just football x's and o's and not life lesson's, because judging by the last 24 hours in particular it makes one wonder if your age on here is mis-typed and it should be reversed.

Hail.

Well on the contrary, I have had some of the greatest relationships over the past 20 years of coaching, including some of the most inspiring phone calls from past kids......like the ones that call to thank me for all that I have done in their lives and that now they are the first of their family to have ever completed college and got a degree......there is no substitution for that, and championships be dammed, that's why i coach.

But if you wanna make fun of me and embarrass me all over ES because of my opinion and for the way I handled the debate between us about The careers of Rex Grossman and Tony Romo sits to pee....then by all means have at it.

Yes I am 40 years old, and i have coached in HS sports for 20 years............

For argument's sake, I would say Philips as a coordinator, especially last year wasn't very good b/c he sucked as a head coach. And, to be honest, Skins D was very bad last year as well. I think the additions @ safety & DL will help, but I don't think it's as straightforward as some think. But, I'm on the outside looking in at the two teams, so I could be wrong.

You are

But if you wanna make fun of me and embarrass me all over ES because of my opinion and for the way I handled the debate between us about The careers of Rex Grossman and Tony Romo sits to pee....then by all means have at it.

Au contraire man, I am neither trying to make fun or embarrass you (besides anything else you do a splendid job of that yourself without any outside help); and the passing comment about you having a "very public internet breakdown" yesterday had nothing to do with the debate over Grossman and Romo sits to pee's respective career achievements; and all to do with your utterly childish responses to everyone about the Redskins yesterday. Your hissy fit about folk being 'mean' to you just added weight to that.

But feel free to continue on at your leisure.

Hail.

Au contraire man, I am neither trying to make fun or embarrass you (besides anything else you do a splendid job of that yourself without any outside help); and the passing comment about you having a "very public internet breakdown" yesterday had nothing to do with the debate over Grossman and Romo sits to pee's respective career achievements; and all to do with your utterly childish responses to everyone about the Redskins yesterday. Your hissy fit about folk being 'mean' to you just added weight to that.

But feel free to continue on at your leisure.

Hail.

The Skins are clearly the best team in the NFCE.......and thanks to you and Riggo I can actually see that and admit to that. If that is a breakdown of some kind, then so beit, however how can one argue against what the skins have done in the off season and just take a look at that teams roster........and the depth. I have no problems with admitting it, I just hope the Cowboys can score against them this year, because no doubt in my mind they will be swept.

5 wins maximum for Washington, probably 3/4. 6/7 wins max for Dallas. Both teams in the cellar of the East, yet again. But one steadily building with youth for the future poised to get their missing link after that 3 win or so season. Whilst one is on the rood to nowhere.

Hail.

That would be me, two pages back answering your question on what I thought the respective records of both teams would be this coming season.

Yeahhhhh, I see your point now RGSB man, That's me defo bestowing the greatness of the 2011 Washington Redskins over their Dallas counterparts. :doh:.

Hail.

That would be me, two pages back answering your question on what I thought the respective records of both teams would be this coming season.

Yeahhhhh, I see your point now RGSB man, That's me defo bestowing the greatness of the 2011 Washington Redskins over their Dallas counterparts. :doh:.

Hail.

this made me smile!

Hail.

but thats you....I feel different, this team cant lose more then 5 games. They are just that good.

I feel like you are purposely downplaying the skins just to keep yourself from being too optimistic, I know you do not feel like the Skins are a 6 win team...yo can take that to someone else, because t his man aint buying it.

but thats you....I feel different, this team cant lose more then 5 games. They are just that good.

I feel like you are purposely downplaying the skins just to keep yourself from being too optimistic, I know you do not feel like the Skins are a 6 win team...yo can take that to someone else, because t his man aint buying it.

At 100/1 odds, you can put $10's on the Skins, and if they when the Super Bowl, you'll become a millionaire. Easy Money!

BTW your boy Rocky Mac is back, didn't you say he was the best linebacker in the league?

no. I most certainly did not say that. I like Rocky, but he is an average to above avg backer. What was said was, that Reilly was as good as Mac and that there was no loss with him not coming back, so now the skins have some good depth at LB as well ads being a strength position. Things juts continue to be Golden at Fed Ex this off season....and unlike the other years when it was a fake "off season championship" this is actually a team doing it right and building a championship "caliber" team. They may win the next two titles....that may be an exaggeration on my part, but not making the playoffs this year is just no longer a real expectation. Its dag on near a forgone conclusion that they will be in it till the end. Whats crazy is that the eagles and The skins both are a no-brian'er to make it. One will win the div the other will easily be the #1 Wild card team. one of those deals where the W/C team has a much better record then 2 of the 4 div winners.

Archived