Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holdout rules.

Art

I haven't seen this talked about much, but, it appears in the new CBA the holdout rules are pretty brutal against players holding out and very beneficial to the teams.

Now the team can fine a player $30K a DAY and a player who does not report by like August 8 does not get credit for the season. This used to be 11 games in. Now it's four days into the league year.

I don't know if this is a permanent thing or just a this year thing, but that will seriously impact the holdouts who are already out there.

They were talking baout this last night on NFLN with respect to DeSean Jackson. If he doesn't report within 30 days of his 1st game then the Eagles own him for another 2 years (in addition to him losing $ 30K a day.) I love it. Seems like a major concession by the NFLPA.

Saw that too, and its good for the entire league.

A player signs a contract, honor it; seeing players holding out because they thought they were the best thing since sliced bread was getting old, and only corrupts that player who sees the antics and gets steered in the wrong direction, either by a chickenchit agent or personal greed.

Saw that too, and its good for the entire league.

A player signs a contract, honor it; seeing players holding out because they thought they were the best thing since sliced bread was getting old, and only corrupts that player who sees the antics and gets steered in the wrong direction, either by a chickenchit agent or personal greed.

As much as I hate him, He was out playing is contract by a wide margin

Yes, a player signs the contract to honor it. However, a signed player who is holding out, unless there is guaranteed future money in the contract or the contract specifically makes such a claim, is not dishonoring any contract he signed. Understand, there are 2 types of personal services types of contracts: current consideration for future action (pretty much such a contract must specifically make such a claim) and future consideration for future action (that is, if this action is not completed as specified, the compensation is not paid) which is the default for any contracts such as those used in the NFL. In the second type of contract, so long as the player is not involved in a paid activity that could be construed as a direct conflict with actions promised in the contract, the team has no legal recourse except what is stated in the contract.

Frank Gore and Chris Johnson are planning to hold out. Guess they'll have to pay a hefty penalty

The sooner you get your butt in camp, the sooner you can familiarize yourself again and be prepared for the season

Get your butt in camp

Archived