Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Bad: Season 4

StillUnknown

ninja:

The don didn't seem all that eager to get into the meth business. Maybe by shooting the brains (pardon the pun :ols:) of the production of the meth, he limits what Gus can do. As you said, he for whatever reasons, he couldn't or wouldn't kill Gus, so he kills his boy to take them out of the equation temporarily.

I agree though, that was by far the best episode of the season so far. Can't wait to get more into Gus' past.

Ninja:

What did Gus do in Chile or what were his ties in Chile? It must have been significant or he would have shot Gus as well.

NINJA question

In the beginning of the Hermanos episode, did we find out who made the phone call to Hank before he was shot?

speculation: I think it's that the call came from Gus' camp. Probably Mike. Gus seems to be playing with his dinner before he kills it. Meaning, he's torturing the old man with information.

I'm pretty sure the Don is dead. It was pretty clear that Juan Bolsa was in charge of the cartel last season when Gus set up the raid (and Bolsa's death).

Also, is it rally necessary to ninja the whole discussion? Who would even come into this thread until they saw the most recent episode? I sure have stayed away until I watched tonight. Also, as I am on an iPad, it is impossible to read!

Great episode.

Also, is it rally necessary to ninja the whole discussion? Who would even come into this thread until they saw the most recent episode? I sure have stayed away until I watched tonight. Also, as I am on an iPad, it is impossible to read!

Great episode.

agreed. i was just thinking about how stupid it was to ninja when people are either A: up to date with the show or B: have no idea what we are talking about. those in between can read at their own risk.

so no more ninja-ing..

that was a brilliant episode. I'm glad that it confirmed that Gus sees a little (or a lot) of himself in Walt). The Gus interrogation scene was predictable b/c you knew with how meticulous that Gus is that he would have a contingency plan for most moves he makes. It was also predictable that everyone would pretty much buy it except Hank, leaving him to go lone ranger on the case.

I think you guys have it backwards. Walt no longer is the plodding, thoughtful guy he was in the first couple seasons. He's now devolved into a guy living and making decisions on a instinctual level and his instincts are not good. I'll be amazed if the writers are clever enough to have him wind up looking smart from where he is now. Dissing Jessie like that was outta control. I will say they should have had that fight two years ago and they would be closer now. But they didn't. Jessie will never trust Gus though, so that's the wild card in the mix. I hope they don't send him to Mexico, those will be some unpleasant episodes for him I would guess. Another good episode!

Ninja -- the leftover habits of anyone remotely involved in discussing the show LOST. :ols:

yeah, after a few weeks, the ninja stuff seemed pointless. Old habit I suppose.

Last nights episode was fantastic. Funny thing about that fight between Jessie and Walt... Walt treats Jessie like a ***** nonstop, always dropping underhanded comments. Jessie, always the pleaser, tries his best to take Walts feelings into account last night and isn't even thanked for it. Walt sees it as an opportunity to once again ***** him around.

It makes me wonder if the true winner in this war will really be Jessie. They've shown in this season that his gut instinct is as sharp as anyone else's and when it comes to having a mind-war with Gus, he can clearly hold his ground, even if he can't win.

Both Jessie and Walt have saved each others' lives multiple times over the course of this series, with each man killing for the other. It's a same after all that, Walt still doesn't trust Jessie.

Who the **** is Gus Fring, really?

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

Walt no longer is the plodding, thoughtful guy he was in the first couple seasons. He's now devolved into a guy living and making decisions on a instinctual level and his instincts are not good. I'll be amazed if the writers are clever enough to have him wind up looking smart from where he is now.

I made this point in another BB thread on here, but this show is specifically meant to show the consequences of someone conscientiously deciding to be a bad person. Walt is a bad guy. I'm not even sure he's an anti-hero at this point (like he might have been considered early in season 2). He's a bad person, on purpose. There is very little good left. It's like an hour glass - at the moment of his cancer diagonsis, the top half was full and plugged, with the amount of sand up top representing the "goodness" of Walter White. And since then, the sand has slowly been leaking out. However, of late (particularly when he watched Jane die), the flow of sand has been exponentially increasing, and what little good is left is rapidly falling.

Unless Vince Gilligan wants a seriously depressing message about morality, this story will not end well for Walt.

I think you guys have it backwards. Walt no longer is the plodding, thoughtful guy he was in the first couple seasons. He's now devolved into a guy living and making decisions on a instinctual level and his instincts are not good. I'll be amazed if the writers are clever enough to have him wind up looking smart from where he is now. Dissing Jessie like that was outta control. I will say they should have had that fight two years ago and they would be closer now. But they didn't. Jessie will never trust Gus though, so that's the wild card in the mix. I hope they don't send him to Mexico, those will be some unpleasant episodes for him I would guess. Another good episode!

I said it earlier in this thread that Walt is alot more reckless this season. Like you said, he's more reactionary, he's not plotting like he used to do. Damn good episode last night, Gus' gangsta walk was greatness:

ibnMjKidVyKwTI.gif

Can't wait to find out more about him. The writers have handled his character to perfection and Giancarlo Esposito does a great job playing the character.

Or do you think that was the adrenaline from desperate panic & he is still clean?

I think that's the Jessie that only Walt seems to bring out... it's the self-doubting, 'walt is superior' jessie. Walt intimidates him and I think that behavior stems from having Walt as a teacher. But away from Walt, at least in the more recent episodes, Jessie is holding his own. It's only around Walt that he seems weak. Remember, while eating with Gus, a man who sliced a dudes neck in cold blood without flinching, he had the balls to play tough guy to him.

In season 3, Walt felt that Jessie was holding him back. I can see the same dynamic in Jessie too. Something about Walt brings the weaker side of Jessie out.

You have great insight, Ellis. Thanks.

I think that's the Jessie that only Walt seems to bring out... it's the self-doubting, 'walt is superior' jessie. Walt intimidates him and I think that behavior stems from having Walt as a teacher. But away from Walt, at least in the more recent episodes, Jessie is holding his own. It's only around Walt that he seems weak. Remember, while eating with Gus, a man who sliced a dudes neck in cold blood without flinching, he had the balls to play tough guy to him.

In season 3, Walt felt that Jessie was holding him back. I can see the same dynamic in Jessie too. Something about Walt brings the weaker side of Jessie out.

Boy did Jessie kick his ass though. Pounding. Next week is gonna be really good. I haven't watched a show where I'm so let down (and it goes by so quickly) when it's over, for a long time. Probably since The Wire or Sopranos. I like Samcro too, but it's not quite as good. I think because it's just a little more predictable. Every Sunday I got no idea what the BB boys are gonna come up with. The old loser boss coming back and the way Skylar handled the IRS dude was sweet.

One of the best moments in recent TV history. For some reason that got me really pumped up, and I have absolutely no idea what i was pumped up for lol. I was just pumped.

I felt the exact same way.

Boy did Jessie kick his ass though. Pounding. Next week is gonna be really good. I haven't watched a show where I'm so let down (and it goes by so quickly) when it's over, for a long time. Probably since The Wire or Sopranos. I like Samcro too, but it's not quite as good. I think because it's just a little more predictable. Every Sunday I got no idea what the BB boys are gonna come up with. The old loser boss coming back and the way Skylar handled the IRS dude was sweet.

This is why I'm glad everybody knows when the show is going to end. I have very high faith in the writers to end this show in a way we might not expect, but still be a gratifying conclusion to the show.

I somehow see this winding up with Walt playing a bigger part again, he's going to take his sons talk to heart. That will be his redemption though not in becoming a family man again, but in going back to his thoughtful roots. I didn't see how they could make that happen, as I mentioned above, but this might do it. Course it depends on how Mike and Gus fare. Can't wait till next week either.

Archived