Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should make the cut on the "Mt. Rushmore" of the Redskins franchise?

Khun Kao

I would agree with others to not put owners on the list......Slingin' Sammy, Joe Gibbs, Darrell Green, and a toss up for me between Riggo & Monk...

Runner up second class: Jacoby, Charles Mann, Sonny Jurgensen, ST21 (I know there's no way he'd ever get on this list of most, but regardless of lack of stats, his emotional connection to the younger generation of Skins fans would make him THE face that they connect with.)

I would agree with others to not put owners on the list......Slingin' Sammy, Joe Gibbs, Darrell Green, and a toss up for me between Riggo & Monk...

Runner up second class: Jacoby, Charles Mann, Sonny Jurgensen, ST21 (I know there's no way he'd ever get on this list of most, but regardless of lack of stats, his emotional connection to the younger generation of Skins fans would make him THE face that they connect with.)

George Allen should be on there before Jacoby, Mann or Taylor imo...

Shoot, well you've three locks, all things being equal, in no particular order:

George Preston Marshall, without whom there'd probably be no franchise. And if there was, it would probably still be in Boston and not DC.

Coach Gibbs, the single greatest hire the franchise ever made, and it's greatest coach.

Sammy Baugh, the franchise and arguably the NFL's greatest ever player.

After that, it's all down to individual interpretation that should be put to a vote for the fourth addition. JKC, DG, Monk, Sony, BB, Dexter et all, the list and voting would be fierce with great cases to be made for the above and the rest.

Hail.

Shoot, well you've three locks, all things being equal, in no particular order:

George Preston Marshall, without whom there'd probably be no franchise. And if there was, it would probably still be in Boston and not DC.

Coach Gibbs, the single greatest hire the franchise ever made, and it's greatest coach.

Sammy Baugh, the franchise and arguably the NFL's greatest ever player.

After that, it's all down to individual interpretation that should be put to a vote for the fourth addition. JKC, DG, Monk, Sony, BB, Dexter et all, the list and voting would be fierce with great cases to be made for the above and the rest.

Hail.

If you go that route, then you should go with the best owner, not merely the first owner.

GPM oversaw a period of about 25 years where the Redskins just sucked eggs lol....4 winning seasons in a 26 year span. When he died and JKC officially took over as owner, he oversaw a time span that had 2 losing seasons in 22 years. That's freakin' incredible. Under Cooke, Redskins fans saw George Allen and Joe Gibbs as head coaches, and got to 5 SBs.

GPM was more important to the league overall than to the Redskins, imo...but it's hard to argue against putting the franchise's founder on the make-believe monument.

I'd be seriously hard pressed to leave JKC off as the fourth addition Cali man.

The only reason I give Marshall the edge is down to the mere fact that there'd both possibly not be a franchise without him, and I seriously doubt if there was it would be in DC.

Founding owner, greatest ever owner, greatest ever Redskin/ HC, and greatest ever player would be a darn tough quartet to argue against.

Hail.

What abouta Redskins coaches Mount Rushmore? Besides Allen and Gibbs, who would get those final two spots?

Hopefully Shanahan for one when it's all said and done.

Ray Flaherty would be the obvious choice. After that your struggling. Lombardi maybe for setting the modern ball rolling. But can you really give a one year guy the nod?

---------- Post added July-12th-2011 at 02:06 PM ----------

True, that :yes: :yes:...

But you gotta admit, seeing this face carved in stone:

...would be worth the drive out to Montana in the RV :thumbsup:

Not if your names John Madden. ;). And screw Montana. I'ma place this in Texas ..... just because. :ols:

Hail.

Vinny, Dan, Albert, and Colt Brennan

I think it should remind us about our mistakes, so we never EVER repeat them.

---------- Post added July-12th-2011 at 02:20 PM ----------

*Gulps ..... Hell man, don't float that. If the Redskins get wind of it, we'll have one massive smiling face of the owner looking down and nothing else.

Hail.

If that happens, I hope they make is so the eyes look like they're following you, something super creepy like that. That would be awesome.

Vinny, Dan, Albert, and Colt Brennan

I think it should remind us about our mistakes, so we never EVER repeat them.

I'ma betting if this ever happened one head would mysteriously disappear over night and be found centuries later in the bowls of a then dormant volcano on the island of Hawaii as the God the people there once preyed to and worshipped.

Hail.

I'ma betting if this ever happened one head would mysteriously disappear over night and be found centuries later in the bowls of a then dormant volcano on the island of Hawaii as the God the people there once preyed to and worshipped.

Hail.

:rotflmao: Hmmmm which one would that be?

Archived