Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should make the cut on the "Mt. Rushmore" of the Redskins franchise?

Khun Kao

I think of our current players, I could potentially see RGIII from offense and Brian Orakpo from defense eventually making Redskins Mount Rushmore, possibly even Alfred Morris. The Redskins are really loaded with talent now and added even more in the draft. I could potentially see Brian Orakpo, Ryan Kerrigan, London Fletcher, Bacarri Rambo, Phillip Thomas, RGIII, Alfred Morris, Fred Davis, Trent Williams, Pierre Garcon, making it to the Pro Bowl and passing the 1991 Redskins team that sent 8 pro bowlers to the Pro Bowl that year. Maybe even more guys could make it? Very exciting time to be a Redskins fan.

I would say JKC and Gibbs are the no brainers, the other 2 it is hard because you would think you would want a offensive and defensive player on there but really it could be any number of them. I would have to find two between Baugh, Riggins, Green, Jurgensen, Monk, Coleman, B. Mitchell, Dexter Manley, Grimm, Huff and Moseley.

Too tough for me..... 4 heads isn't enough... we would have to have atleast 8 or so.

Almost too impossible just to name four. Obviously, Gibbs is a given. I would have to put Riggins on there....70 Chip...enough said. After that, I just can't narrow it down. Too many that deserve it and that you could make an argument for. Hell, you would need a whole mountain just for the Hogs alone and Joe Bugel.

Checkered past aside, that poll should not have excluded Marshall because he is one of the greatest contributors to the NFL and a significant reason it is the #1 sport today.

As for the poll options available, I went Baugh and Gibbs which are obvious picks, and then also went with the Hogs, another obvious pick as a collective group. Last pick I narrowed down to JKC, Green or Monk. JKC I eliminated because of FedEx field and Raljon, and then ultimately I went with Green over Monk just barely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/03/profootballtalk-the-mt-rushmore-of-the-washington-redskins/

According to the fans of ProFootballTalk the four faces on the Redskins Mt. Rushmore would be Joe Gibbs, Darrell Green, John Riggins, and Sammy Baugh. Mike Florio had three of those names on his list, but instead of John Riggins he thought The Hogs were an important part of the franchise for many years.

As a 22 year old, I say:

RGIII

Trent Williams

London Fletcher

and Alfred Morris/Brian Orakpo

:)

I hear ya....but as a true fan you MUST delve into some NFL films or at least pay attention to the ranking of NFL Network's Top-Ten lists to have some perspective on how great this franchise is and how many GREAT players and coaches made it what it is. I agree, the future is bright, but the past sheds light.

Archived