Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Basketball (some football) recruiting news (Shaq, Layman Commits!)

Goingforburgundy

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/recruiting/onthetrail/_/display/75

No. 7 Malina Howard commits on her last official visit

Malina Howard of Twinsburg, Ohio, has verbally committed to Maryland, according to her Twitter account. The 6-foot-3 post chose the Terps over her other finalist, Notre Dame.

"It's official I am a terp," was posted on her page, twitter.com/malinahoward5.

Howard, a 5-star prospect according to ESPN HoopGurlz, made the announcement while on her official visit to Maryland. The No. 7 ranked player in the class is the third Maryland verbal in the 2012 class. She joins Tierney Pfirman of Williamsport, Pa., a 6-2 forward who is ranked No. 22 in the class; and and Chloe Pavlech of Cincinnati, a 5-6 point guard who is rated a 4-star prospect by ESPN HoopGurlz.

Its sad that our women's team knows how to recruit better after winning a national championship than our men's team...the Lady Terps are consistently in the top 15 every year :doh:

Women's college basketball is a joke. It's far easier to build a perpetual top 15 womans program than it would be to build a top 15 mens program. Don't fool yourself.

In the last 15 years there is basically 2 womens teams that contend for the title every year. Most schools don't put a penny into the sport, and the couple of teams that do can contend.

I have no idea. I cannot fault Edsall when the receivers are wide open and O'Brien can't find them.

But you CAN fault Edsall for taking a potential all-american FS and converting him to LB. :(

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 07:42 PM ----------

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncw/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2012&classmonth=10&rank=6&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncw%2frecruiting%2fclassrankings%3fclassyear%3d2012%26classmonth%3d10%26rank%3d6

The early action for coach Brenda Frese's program earned it a ranking of No. 18 in the national recruiting class rankings through August. On October 1, things got even better when Malina Howard of Twinsburg, Ohio, committed during her official visit. The 6-foot-3 prospect is the top-rated post in the class and No. 7 overall.

Previous pledges from No. 22 Tierney Pfirman of Williamsport, Pa., who is blessed with a load of talent and has the potential to be a nice piece for the Terps, and Chloe Pavlech of Cincinnati, Ohio, a seasoned combo guard with a high basketball IQ, gives Maryland the No. 6 class in the nation so far.

Things could get more interesting in College Park if five-star perimeter players Jordan Adams of Irvine, Calif., and Alexis Prince of Maitland, Fla., choose to become Terrapins.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/post/maryland-coach-randy-edsall-talks-team-concept-and-accountability/2011/10/04/gIQAHK8YLL_blog.html

One veteran Maryland player, who spoke to a Post reporter privately about his feelings about Edsall, expressed some displeasure with Edsall’s strict approach, saying that the coach has stifled individuality and created a militaristic atmosphere around the Gossett Team House. The player, who spoke anonymously so he could talk freely, said he would keep his spirits up because he had just three more months before he left the program.

Saw that kid Stefon Diggs today...He was talking to my buddy about some of the schools he was thinking about. Basically, he was loving the SEC and I think he spoke highly of Oregon, but he didn't seem all that thrilled with Maryland.

For what it's worth, he didn't say anything to imply that he wouldn't consider Maryland, but it didn't like they would be in serious consideration.

No troll...promise.

I just saw this post, but for what it's worth...Diggs is indeed all about the SEC.

He's going to be signing with the Gators come NSD.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/michigan-basketball-mitch-mcgary-duke-north-carolina/1

""I know there are a lot of rumors out there that I've already committed to certain schools, but I can honestly tell you guys that I don't know where I want to go," he wrote. "I have not committed anywhere so that's just not true."

God I loved Chris Wilcox at Maryland...he was such a dominant beast down low. Wish he had a better NBA career to this point. Byron Mouton was an underrated piece to that squad as well, I remember he transferred from Tulane the year before. And of course Steve Blake and Juan Dixon sharp as hell. Lonny the agile elephant. Drew Nicholas added a lot off the bench, as did Holden and Randle. Ah what a team!

Come on down Jefferson and McGary and bring back the glory!

McGary has changed his mind. He's "wide open" (within his final six).

Final six: Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, and North Carolina.

Where are you getting this from? This has to be Telp. I heard McGary say that he has made no decision between the three but I did not hear him say that he has completely reopened his recruitment up. Would be interesting to see if he has rescheduled any of his trips to Florida, Kentucky and Maryland. I would be shocked if he went to Kentucky. They talked about him like a dog there after news of his cancellation of future visits came out. I guess we'll see.

Where are you getting this from? This has to be Telp. I heard McGary say that he has made no decision between the three but I did not hear him say that he has completely reopened his recruitment up. Would be interesting to see if he has rescheduled any of his trips to Florida, Kentucky and Maryland. I would be shocked if he went to Kentucky. They talked about him like a dog there after news of his cancellation of future visits came out. I guess we'll see.

Here you go.

http://www.umhoops.com/2011/10/07/report-mcgary-decision-totally-up-in-the-air/

Report: McGary Decision “Totally up in the air”

Reports have been swirling all week that Mitch McGary was close to reaching a decision and that Michigan was in the lead for his commitment. That news appears to have taken a backseat today as the latest consensus appears to be that McGary’s recruitment is completely open.

ESPN’s Dave Telep reports that all six schools that McGary has previously listed - Michigan, Duke, North Carolina, Florida, Maryland and Kentucky – are viable options in his recruitment at this time. Here’s a snippet from the free portion of Telep’s ESPN Insider update:

Michigan, Duke, North Carolina and Florida would have to be considered viable options. You hear less regarding Maryland and Kentucky. Round and round we go, where McGary lands, no one knows. During the Recruiting Nation show Paul Biancardi nailed it. “The thing that is absolutely sure about Mitch McGary is that he’s unsure about where he wants to go.”

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

This is from a poster on another message board.

Replacing Danny could be program-changing, and not in a good way. What does it say about your coaching staff that you took one of the most talented freshman QBs in the country and made him one of the worst? This will not have all the recruits lined up to come to CP.

They need to stick with Danny and make it all better. It would be different if we had someone ready to take the helm. Brown isn’t even close to ready.

Edsall is already close to losing the locker room, if he pulls Danny he could very well lose fans and boosters too. Randy better look at all the angles on this one.

Archived