Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maryland Basketball (some football) recruiting news (Shaq, Layman Commits!)

Goingforburgundy

Or perhaps stick with the previous coaching staff....

Just a thought....

For me personally, Fridge was done. He had academic issues leading to loss of scholarships, fans were tired of his teams performance, not showing up to games. The people that contribute to UMD sports, the alumni were growing restless. To be honest, Fridge was at his best when he inherited someone elses team/recruits. He needed to go. On the other hand, MD will NEVER be a football powerhouse so what does it matter anyway?

For me personally, Fridge was done. He had academic issues leading to loss of scholarships, fans were tired of his teams performance, not showing up to games. The people that contribute to UMD sports, the alumni were growing restless. To be honest, Fridge was at his best when he inherited someone elses team/recruits. He needed to go. On the other hand, MD will NEVER be a football powerhouse so what does it matter anyway?

Well if Kevin Anderson didn't suck, we could have had Mike Leach.

Heck, if Kevin Anderson didn't suck, we'd also have Sean Miller. :(

Well, sean miller apparently didn't want to leave. At least Mike Leach was on campus and we all thought he had the job in the bag. I dont want to hear what happend about his past, that type of **** happens all the time, even at the high school level. It's a shame we let some feud between a tv analyst and his bratty kid get in the way. Now we are stuck with a lateral move with Ralph 2.0.

Well, sean miller apparently didn't want to leave. At least Mike Leach was on campus and we all thought he had the job in the bag. I dont want to hear what happend about his past, that type of **** happens all the time, even at the high school level. It's a shame we let some feud between a tv analyst and his bratty kid get in the way. Now we are stuck with a lateral move with Ralph 2.0.

In fact, I'm not even sure Randy will be Ralph 2.0.

I want to see what Edsall does in the ACC.

I have my doubts...

In fact, I'm not even sure Randy will be Ralph 2.0.

I want to see what Edsall does in the ACC.

I have my doubts...

Well , I agree. Give him 3 years and see what happens. We have one of the hardest schedules we have had in years and it could get ugly. What really killed me the lack of passion, enthusiasm and preparedness. Edsall looked totally lost.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/9/26/2451466/maryland-basketball-recruiting-roundup-georgia-big-man-robert-carter#storyjump

Maryland Basketball Recruiting Roundup: Georgia Big Man Robert Carter Visiting

And the first bit of big news comes from ESPN's Reggie Rankin, who was in Chicago for the Under Armour Grind Session, basically just a Skills Academy-type deal. Rankin talked to the impressive Robert Carter, who informed him that he'll be taking visits to five schools ... including Maryland.

PF Robert Carter (Thomasville, Ga./Shiloh) has terrific skill and the ability to score inside and out with 3-point range in addition to being able to handle and pass. Carter is visiting Georgia, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Florida and Florida State.

Carter, a high four-star/low five-star from Georgia, is a great all-around 4 with a developed game both inside and outside. In other words, he's a very good complement to Shaquille Cleare. Mitch McGary will remain the biggest big man priority in the class, but Carter is a close second. Getting a visit - and an apparent top five status - is a big deal for Maryland, and it means they should have a fighting shot

Well , I agree. Give him 3 years and see what happens. We have one of the hardest schedules we have had in years and it could get ugly. What really killed me the lack of passion, enthusiasm and preparedness. Edsall looked totally lost.
I give much of the blame the other day to O'Brien. He was a second late on just about every throw. Not much Edsall can do once the play is sent in. It's the 3rd game so I am not really going to get down on anyone too much. Like you said, 3 years and we'll know.

http://www.testudotimes.com/

D.C. Assault AAU Program Reportedly Moving to Under Armour Stable

Great news here. Shoe companies have always had and will always have a strange influence in basketball recruiting (see: Archie Goodwin cutting Adidas-sponsored Baylor, or speculation that Terrence Ross' Nike connection contributed to his decommitment). Getting elite D.C.-based recruits in and around Maryland's brand early and often can only be a good thing.

DCA ain't what it once was, but this should solidify Maryland's increasingly cozy reputation with them. Remember that Gary and DCA were always at odds; within months, Turgeon appears to have become buddy-buddy with them. Take that for what you will. If it helps with the Nate Britts and Romelo Trimbles of the world, I'm cool.

I know most of you don't care but I'm posting this anyway. :pfft:

Lady Terps recruiting news.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/womens/story/_/id/7034916/malina-howard-make-final-visit

Howard set to visit Maryland

The courtship of Malina Howard of Twinsburg, Ohio, now is down to Notre Dame and Maryland. Two weeks ago, Notre Dame played host to the prospect ranked No. 7 in 2012 by ESPN HoopGurlz. Now it's Maryland's turn, and it has an equally big weekend planned as the Terps are hosting their current Class of 2012 commitments, including four-star guard Chloe Pavlech and No. 22 Tierney Pfirman.

Brenda Frese and her staff also will welcome a couple of Top 20 Class of 2013 players to College Park this weekend, including No. 17 Alexis "Lexie" Brown and No. 3 Diamond DeShields.

Brown pledged to the ACC program last June while DeShields still is on the fence. Pavlech and Howard played on the same Sports City summer team while Brown has a previous relationship with Howard after previous trips to Maryland for unofficial visits. Throw in the unofficial visit from the uber-athletic DeShields and this has the potential to be a major weekend for Maryland.

:(:(:(

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/9/29/2459045/ralph-friedgen-does-not-care-for-your-maryland-pride-or-his-alma#storyjump

Ralph Friedgen Does Not Care For Your Maryland Pride, or His Alma Mater Anymore

I don't listen to WNST, not because I have anything against them; I just don't live in Baltimore. (I've never heard it; I have no idea if it's worthy of listening to, even.) I say that to establish that I don't know the context of this quote, what question was asked, or anything else. But I'm having a tough time of thinking of a situation in which it doesn't come across as ... unfortunate.

@WNST

WNST

#Friedgen making @WNST headlines "They didn't show me any #Maryland pride. I'm flying the #Georgia_Tech flag now." @GlennClarkWNST

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 01:30 AM ----------

Out of curiosity, has anyone noticed that Edsall has been taking veiled shots at Ralph for a few weeks now?

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 01:38 AM ----------

Lady Terps recruiting. :)

ASGR1995 Bret McCormick

The Top 5 Recruiting Classes at this time for 2013 are as follows: #1 Tennesse, # 2 Maryland, # 3 North Carolina, #4 Texas & #5 Louisville

1.)What has happened to Danny O'Brien?

2.)Gary Crowton...:(

3.)Please move Kenny Tate back to safety.

4.)Our defensive coordinator is in over his head.

5.)Is Edsall really that much of a upgrade over Ralph?

1) Who knows

2) Ugh

3) Kenny Tate looks lost

4) Yeah he looks really bad

5) Kevin Anderson did a horrible job with hiring Edsall. I cant think of any coaches off the top of my head but there had to be some other coach that wanted to come here.

Archived