Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You're Starting an NBA Team and an NFL Team. Who's your first pick?

ACW

NBA- Dr. J

( It's my team, and I like Dr. J.)

NFL

Since it's all fantasy, I'll say Ray Lewis ten years ago. But if it has to be a guy to build on NOW.. I'd say maybe Trent Williams. Call me a homer, but i believe in building from the inside out, and I want a young anchor Left Tackle, and he had himself a fine rookie season against the best defensive ends in the whole league. He went through DeMarcus Ware, Mario Williams, Osi Yoopadoopa, Julius Peppers, Trent Cole, Dwight Freeney, Jared Allen, and so on and so on and so on. He faced pretty much every great pass rushing DE last year.

Am I nuts?

~Bang

Am I nuts?

~Bang

I'd say yes.

He's not showing up for the players only practices, he came into the league with question marks about his work ethic and we only have one year to look at (in which he was injured). Shanny also took some shots at his work ethic at his end of the year presser and the players said there was "no excuse" for him to not be there at these practices.

Now, does that mean he's injury prone or that Shanny/Chris Samuels can't get in his head or that he won't mature? Absolutely not, but I'd take someone like Joe Thomas if you were picking a LT.

okay who would you pick in the MLB right now, who isn't going to be old in the next few years? Harper is probably going to be a beast, like it is 95% and you will have him for 20 years.

i think harper will do fine. but starting a team around a prospect is gibberish. i dont know if hes playing outfield or if they are still considering him playing at catcher, in which case you will not have him for 20 years.

so:

king felix

david price

mat latos

clayton kershaw

buster posey

matt weiters

evan longoria

elvis andrus

heyward

bruce

mccutchen

j. upton

those guys are under 25 and proven in the mlb. you could prolly throw stras in there too, but i question his health a bit. if you want to expand it a bit to age 28 or so, that list gets larger.

prince fielder

david wright

ryan braun

hanley

lincy

miguel cabrera, etc..

Archived