Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider - Santana Moss sued over lease payment

HapHaszard

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/santana-moss-sued-over-lease-payment/2011/06/13/AGn0cPTH_blog.html#pagebreak

By Mike Jones

Washington Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss has been sued by a Miami businessman who accuses him and others of defaulting on a lease for a dry cleaning business that was operated by members of the football player’s family.

According to court documents filed June 4 in Miami-Dade County, Stadium Corners Shopping Center LLC contends that 3 Kings Dry Cleaners Inc. owes $24,151.78 in back rent, plus accelerated rent and court and attorney’s fees. In all, Stadium Corners is seeking $308,870.64.

Craig Bernstein, owner of Stadium Corners shopping center in Miami Gardens, said that 3 Kings Dry Cleaners, which lists Moss as its president in a filing with Florida’s secretary of state, vacated the property in the past few months but had agreed to pay the rent owed until that date. But payment never was received and Bernstein said the dry cleaners is now six months behind.

The filing lists Lloyd Moss as vice president and Natalie Moss as secretary of 3 Kings Dry Cleaners.

click on the link to continue reading

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 04:06 PM ----------

Sorry this was supposed to go to BRBN

Well, it said it also included "accelerated rent"...that rent went from $24K to $300K in 4.5 seconds lol...

That, court fees, and lawyer fees. What I don't understand is why Santana is being sued, unless he put down the money to start it up and he signed (or co-signed) on the lease. Either way, I don't really fault Moss, it's his family who operated the place who are at fault.

That, court fees, and lawyer fees. What I don't understand is why Santana is being sued, unless he put down the money to start it up and he signed (or co-signed) on the lease. Either way, I don't really fault Moss, it's his family who operated the place who are at fault.

Moss is listed as president. I would imagine that when filing a lawsuit you list damn near everyone you can...ESPECIALLY the one who has all the $$$.

Moss is listed as president. I would imagine that when filing a lawsuit you list damn near everyone you can...ESPECIALLY the one who has all the $$$.

Oh, very true. I glossed over the OP and missed where it said he was listed as president. Makes more sense now.

Moss was most likely a personal guarantor on the lease agreement. The fact that he's the president of the corp. is meaningless. As far as the accelearated rent is concerned, looks like it was a long term lease (maybe 5 or 10 years), so the number is not surprising, would include the total value of the lease. Shopping center has a duty to re-let the property, Moss will likely lawyer up and settlement at a figure far south of $300K.

I am pretty sure they will settle this out of court somehow. Nothing to see here...

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 10:18 PM ----------

He's being taken to the cleaners and he is going to lose his shirt. He better pull up his pants and not hang around. bwhahhaaaaaa.

Corny, but funny.:ols:

I am pretty sure they will settle this out of court somehow. Nothing to see here...

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 10:18 PM ----------

Corny, but funny.:ols:

I kid, I kid, I just think his family failed and here he is taking the rap over it.

The NFL players invested roughly $20 million into the project. If forced to sell before the facility reopens, the players possibly could lose a lot of their money.

I don't get it, I'll never get it and to be honest I don't have a lot of sympathy. NFL players are just plain greedy. How else can you explain Mark Brunell filing for bankruptcy? Guys like Brunell and Moss have made plenty of money in their careers. Enough to live comfortably for the rest of their lives if they just invest the money with a smart, conservative, game plan. But no, they want more. And in the process end up in trouble a lot of the time. For that I really have little sympathy for them.

The NFL players invested roughly $20 million into the project. If forced to sell before the facility reopens, the players possibly could lose a lot of their money.

I don't get it, I'll never get it and to be honest I don't have a lot of sympathy. NFL players are just plain greedy. How else can you explain Mark Brunell filing for bankruptcy? Guys like Brunell and Moss have made plenty of money in their careers. Enough to live comfortably for the rest of their lives if they just invest the money with a smart, conservative, game plan. But no, they want more. And in the process end up in trouble a lot of the time. For that I really have little sympathy for them.

Brunell is a whole different story than the usual NFL moneyblowers. He had a large investment in real estate with partners when the market collapsed a few years back. The other partners all walked away, and he was trying to be a standup guy and pay which led to him going broke. An almost identical thing happened to Joe Gibbs early in his Redskins career. Until 2007, Real Estate looked like a rock solid investment.

I don't see how this is greed. You don't know the business plan. The projections. The risk analysis.

These guys who are losing money are not popping bottles etc. Nothing in this even says Moss is broke. He lost money in some business ventures. I don't see how this is viewed as greed. Because most business owners/investers lose money in other investments.

Not everyone wants to sit on a conservative CD or Money Market. They like action! I don't see the issue at all.

Archived