Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins fans support the players - Sign the petition!

SkinsGuru

I don't know how the players are going to be able to look the coaches in the eye with any respect after their statement yesterday. Yet again we're made to look like tools under Snyder. We need to remind the players that ownership and the coaching staff do not represent our views, and give them a reason to play their asses off for us come September (if there's a season).

If we can get 50,000 to 100,000 to sign this petition, we should be able to get the media's attention and give the players something (besides money) to motivate them this season, because you can bet their respect for the coaches isn't the same as it was just two days ago.

Dear media, NFL fans, owners, players, et al.,

We, the undersigned fans of the Washington Redskins, would like to express our support for NFL players in the ongoing labor dispute between they and NFL ownership.

We were disturbed by the recent statement from members of the Washington Redskins coaching staff expressing support for ownership in this matter. Many Redskins fans are worried that this could effect the professional relationship between our players and coaches, as well as further worsen the perception of the team and organization overall.

As one of the most loyal and dedicated fanbases in the league, we would...

If you agree, read the full petition and sign it here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/washington-redskins-fans-support-players-in-labor-dispute/

Nope dont support the players. They are employees and get paid stupidly to play a game.. .The ownes are CEO;s and have the right to make as much as they want....... If players dont like it go to Canada

That's right .. all owners of every company should be able to hose their employees.

And bring back flogging.

And company stores.

And child labor.

:pfft:

:helmet:The Rook

hose the employee's... child labor are you kidding me??? A practice squad player makes $5200 per week and never see the field......... the vet minimum is 300k or more the MINIMUM............ oh yea they are suffering...

Imagine if they were able to get endorsements? Geez its pretty much like sweath shops.....

hose the employee's... child labor are you kidding me??? A practice squad player makes $5200 per week and never see the field......... the vet minimum is 300k or more the MINIMUM............ oh yea they are suffering...

Imagine if they were able to get endorsements? Geez its pretty much like sweath shops.....

NFL contracts are not guaranteed. If they're injured or cut, they won't see a portion of what they were "supposed" to make.

NFL contracts are not guaranteed. If they're injured or cut, they won't see a portion of what they were "supposed" to make.

Which makes them like everyone else :ols:...If I get fired (cut) I won't see any of my pay, either. Of course, your average NFL player makes in 6 months what I make in 6 years, so if he does get cut he can sit on his ass for 5 1/2 years and still end up no worse off than I am lol...

Anyway, as for me, I'm not taking sides at all in this whole shibang...the only reason anyone would feel to take the players side is because they are fans of the players, you own their jerseys, they are the ones who directly entertain us...nobody owns a Bruce Allen jersey :ols:...Well, that, and some people just have a natural inclination to view business owners as "greedy", whether they deserve the label or not.

And the only (or main) reason a lot of people like to take the owners' side is because they take the whole "millionaires being paid millions to play a GAME" mantra, as if this is a backyard pick-up game or something.

Ya, I agree. I support the Players. This isn't a normal company with emloyees. If you get fired, you can go to a different company and work there for another 20 years. Players work for a short period of time. They are the reason we have the NFL.

Keep in mind, the owners backed out of the current deal not the players. They just got greedyER!!

The owners don't even pay for their stadiums, we the taxpayers do!!

Also, (from a point made earlier) unfortunately, it's all or none. You can't just support Guys like Fletch and not guys like Fat Al.

Ya, I agree. I support the Players. This isn't a normal company with emloyees. If you get fired, you can go to a different company and work there for another 20 years. Players work for a short period of time.

There are many reasons that give the players' side validity, but this ain't one of them. If anything, this is an argument against anyone becoming a professional football player...it's not an argument as to why they deserve more money. For example, if there was only one company in the world that made green plastic widgets, it might not be too good an idea to dedicate yourself and your college years to learning how to make green plastic widgets...because if you get fired, you're hosed. Nobody else wants or needs your skills.

Now, the argument that nobody else HAS your skills validates paying that person more...but not the argument that nobody else needs them.

They are the reason we have the NFL.

No, WE are the reason we have an NFL.

Keep in mind, the owners backed out of the current deal not the players. They just got greedyER!!

And the stadiums generate a crapload of tax revenue and income to local businesses, so usually it's a good investment...IF the local government is not chin-deep in debt, that is.

Which makes them like everyone else :ols:...If I get fired (cut) I won't see any of my pay, either. Of course, your average NFL player makes in 6 months what I make in 6 years, so if he does get cut he can sit on his ass for 5 1/2 years and still end up no worse off than I am lol...

Anyway, as for me, I'm not taking sides at all in this whole shibang...the only reason anyone would feel to take the players side is because they are fans of the players, you own their jerseys, they are the ones who directly entertain us...nobody owns a Bruce Allen jersey :ols:...Well, that, and some people just have a natural inclination to view business owners as "greedy", whether they deserve the label or not.

And the only (or main) reason a lot of people like to take the owners' side is because they take the whole "millionaires being paid millions to play a GAME" mantra, as if this is a backyard pick-up game or something.

Funny, I agree and disagree. You did make me change my mind regarding some of my views.

My main change was, "why do I even care"!! There are far more important things than to worry about the NFL strike. We have families and jobs to worry about. Heck, some of us are even struggling to make ends meet. And yet, we come on here to argue over something that bears no importance to us. And you could argue that "Atleast it takes us away from our crappy situations" (Life, work, family etc). But, There are other things we could be doing with our time!!

Back to the topic, I do disagree with that, people who are for the players are fans of the players. It could also be that, they dislike ownership and what they stand for. I live in AZ and the bidwells (I won't even capitalize their last name!! lol!!) are a very cheap ownership and keep all of the money for themselves. So, to support a team where they choose not to upgrade their product on the field but yet are still receiving x amount of dollars from all of the TV contracts, just plain out stinks!! Like I stated earlier, they don't pay for their stadiums and can cut players anytime they want. That would stink if you were that player. Granted, they can go anywhere else but still the owners reap all of the benefits!! Their seems like no drawbacks for the ownership.

Players are trying to get paid a piece of the GINORMOUS pie. There is more than enough to go around.

So back to what I said earlier, this just made me feel extremely horrible. I should be caring about far more important things than football. Thank you for the reality check. Have a Blessed Day!!

---------- Post added May-28th-2011 at 04:43 PM ----------

There are many reasons that give the players' side validity, but this ain't one of them. If anything, this is an argument against anyone becoming a professional football player...it's not an argument as to why they deserve more money. For example, if there was only one company in the world that made green plastic widgets, it might not be too good an idea to dedicate yourself and your college years to learning how to make green plastic widgets...because if you get fired, you're hosed. Nobody else wants or needs your skills.

Now, the argument that nobody else HAS your skills validates paying that person more...but not the argument that nobody else needs them.QUOTE]

But in actuality, this is the case. There are no other leagues that are going to pay them as handsomely as the NFL. Which would almost make this a monopoly.

But you are right, it is their choice to play in the NFL. So, I agree with your point again but I feel my point holds a little bit more value, to ME.

**** picking sides, just tell the dumb ***** to talk and get this thing over with.

I'm starting my own petition. The I support Califan petition, he's spot on with everything he's said.

I'd also like to point out, the oft abused phrase similar to this one, "NFL contracts are not guaranteed. If they're injured or cut, they won't see a portion of what they were "supposed" to make.", is only partly true. The player, guaranteed contract or not, will still receive an injury settlemen which includes his full salary for the duration of his recovery (which is whatever the initial doctor and the second opinion doctor believe will take the player to reach a complete recovery from the injury). So, the entire time the guy is healing, he's being paid IN FULL.

Also, if someone gets fired from their job for being ***** at it, why would I care that they can't get the same job somewhere else? It's like every other line of work people, if you're good at it, you get paid, if you suck at it, you don't get paid. That's called capatalism. The NFL is not for everyone and it's not to help guys who play a year or two on a practice squad be loaded for life so they don't have to work ever again. If they get fired, they can do what you and I do, get another ******* job!

Just cause they can't cut it in one line of work doesn't mean they can't work somewhere else. Look at Heath Shuler, he was a ***** football player, but apparently a good politician.

I don't care who "wins" this stubborn-off. I just want to see football come August. So STOP trying to make one side look like angels and the other look like the devil, they're both spoiled brats.

I live in AZ and the bidwells (I won't even capitalize their last name!! lol!!) are a very cheap ownership and keep all of the money for themselves.

Oh, gawd, the (b)idwells would make anyone cynical lol :ols:...

Players are trying to get paid a piece of the GINORMOUS pie. There is more than enough to go around.

You'd think so lol...but then again, I think the figure they are differing by is only a fraction of the pie, possibly not worth quibbling over by either side. But more is on the table for both sides than a dollar figure.

That's right .. all owners of every company should be able to hose their employees.

And bring back flogging.

And company stores.

Lame arguement. Its hard to say that when the players pie is 60%.

And child labor.

:pfft:

:helmet:The Rook

To be honest, I don't know what the players really want. Is it more money? if so, for who. Cause skill players already can get up to 7yrs/100mil. Does anyone know what the players want?

The players want what they already had under the old agreement. It's the owners who want give backs due to the economy keeping some fans away from the games. The nerve of those players for not demanding anything.

Put a gun to my head, and I'm with the owners. However, I think this whole situation is just beyond ridiculous now. These people (all of them) live better than a huge majority of the rest of the nation, and they squabble over how to split up millions of dollars.

I dare you to find a better example of unchecked greed in this country.

Thanks mbws, that clears it up for me. From what the owners want to what the players want, they should be able to come to an agreement. I can see why the players do not want an 18 game season. on the other hand I think it should be a cap on rookies and it would be nice to have health insurance for retired players. GET THE DEAL DONE.

Also, (from a point made earlier) unfortunately, it's all or none. You can't just support Guys like Fletch and not guys like Fat Al.

And the players are the ones refusing to negotiate. The owners have put forth four - count 'em, four - different offers for the players, and the players barely looked at them and haven't put up a counter offer. Owners may have started it, but the players are the ones keeping it going.

And the players are the ones refusing to negotiate. The owners have put forth four - count 'em, four - different offers for the players, and the players barely looked at them and haven't put up a counter offer. Owners may have started it, but the players are the ones keeping it going.
Keeping it going? Whatever "side" you're on, how can anybody see this as the players "keeping it going"?

C'mon hitman, gimme a c-note. No really, I'm strapped and you got, a c-note would be just the thing. I'd even settle for $75 if if I have to. All right, $50 you cheap ****. Why you gotta keep it going like this?

Keeping it going? Whatever "side" you're on, how can anybody see this as the players "keeping it going"?

C'mon hitman, gimme a c-note. No really, I'm strapped and you got, a c-note would be just the thing. I'd even settle for $75 if if I have to. All right, $50 you cheap ****. Why you gotta keep it going like this?

Completely different situations.

The owners have placed four offers on the table. De Smith has up and walked away, without putting out a counter-offer. If he had put up a counter offer, then it would be different. It would be negotiations. As it stands now, the owners are trying to negotiate, De Smith is ignoring them and just wants it to go to litigation.

Archived