Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Road Unis

Originally posted by speedwagon20

The thing with that is that we don't get to choose our tops...we have to go by whatever Atlanta wears...

Exactly, Atlanta will wear Black jerseys, the only question is whether we will wear white pants or burgundy pants. The Jersey will be white.

Wait a minute, The White on White does not count as one of our 2 alternate uniforms for the year.

The alternate uniforms are like when the Dolphins break out their new Orange jerseys or when the Jags wear all black.

Teams have switched between all white and colored pants forever. The Dolphins have often wore aqua pants or white pants with white jerseys, Bears just started that too a few years ago. Cheifs began that too.

The alternate jerseys are just that, "alternate JERSEYS". Browns wore orange ones, Bronco's wore orange, Dolphins wore orange, Jags black, Saints gold etc...

I agree with code, i dont think that counted as one of our alternate ones. Our alternate's would be the retro jerseys i think. The Cards wore white on white a few times last year too.

Also in Spurrier's post game press conference the reporters ask him about it, he said it was something the players want to do. He also said the players wanted to do burgendy on burgendy too, so he said expect to see that sometime this year as well.

since white is a road color the Skins could wear the white on white in all games this year unless a club like Dallas that also wears white decides to do so at home.

the redskins played abysmally in those retro uniforms last year, even though they are attractive I don't want to see the club in 'em again any time soon.

that 37-7 MNF game vs. the Eagles in those retros gives me nightmares :)

Originally posted by Highway66

just wear white on burgandy all the time and quit all this changing nonsense. I never see the Raiders or the Steelers doing any of that Happy Horesecrap. burgandy pants and white tops was the image created by GIBBS like it or not

I guess you've been in a hole the past 5 years. Sure, teams like the Raiders and Steelers may not have alternate versions of their uniforms, but nearly every other team does. Jeez, colleges have up to 5 or 6 alternate versions at times.

The bottom line is this: The players decide what they wear, that's how it should be. Not a bunch of fans that either want to remember good times or wanna be fashion designers.

What ever they do is cool with me.

The "alternate" jersey is the RETRO jersey. So.... it's possible for the team to wear it TWICE a year. Our white jersey, burgundy jersey, white pant, and burgundy pant are our authorized uniforms..... and the team is capable of mixing and matching at will.

For me personally, I'm for bringing back the Retros FULLTIME..... or at the very least implementing the gold pants into the mix.

Archived