Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dale Earnhardt Jr or Tiger Woods: Who wins first?

Bubble Screen

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Tiger. I still think he's genuinely the most capable golfer in the world, it's just a matter of getting back to that crazy level he can play at. Practice makes perfect!

Earnhardt Jr. is not best/biggest potential driver out there, and he's reached a sticking point that ironically reminds me of Kyle Petty. When he wins, I don't think it'll be because he outclassed the field.

Jr. is overhyped, but I'll take a Jr win over a Jimmy Johnson win any day even if that does mean listening to the insufferable Jr fans talk about how he's the greatest racer in NASCAR when I know they are just confusing him with his father.

Tiger is still hyper talented.

Tiger wins first.

Jr. is overhyped, but I'll take a Jr win over a Jimmy Johnson win any day even if that does mean listening to the insufferable Jr fans talk about how he's the greatest racer in NASCAR when I know they are just confusing him with his father.

Do you even know what you are talking about? I don't know a single Jr fan who would say he is the greatest driver ever, it is ridiculous for anyone to say that. It's all the Jr haters who say stuff like that about Jr fans. So what his fans are passionate, it's about the same as all of us as Redskins fans.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 08:30 AM ----------

The better poll question should have been who wins a Championship first, Jr or the Redskins...... Think about that one.

Do you even know what you are talking about? I don't know a single Jr fan who would say he is the greatest driver ever, it is ridiculous for anyone to say that. It's all the Jr haters who say stuff like that about Jr fans. So what his fans are passionate, it's about the same as all of us as Redskins fans.

Well the interwebs would beg to differ with you about Jr fans thinking he's the greatest, plus ESPN even did a SportsCentury Greatest Athletes movie on him.....and I'm left to ask...WHY?! At least as Redskins fans we can point to 3 Lombardi trophies.

The better poll question should have been who wins a Championship first, Jr or the Redskins...... Think about that one.

I still think it's Tiger that wins a championship first.

Well the interwebs would beg to differ with you about Jr fans thinking he's the greatest, plus ESPN even did a SportsCentury Greatest Athletes movie on him.....and I'm left to ask...WHY?! At least as Redskins fans we can point to 3 Lombardi trophies.

I still think it's Tiger that wins a championship first.

I'm as big of a Redskins fan as anybody here, but lets be honest it's been 20 years ago since our last Super Bowl win. And if you are going off of anything ESPN says or did that is :ols:

Hell we say the Redskins are the best team ever, it's what fans do ;)

I didn't ask about Tiger in the Championship thing. Who wins Championship first, or ever Jr or the Skins? I think right now Jr has a better shot.... The Skins are a long ways off imo

Edit: By the Skins being a long ways off, i mean 4 years or so

I'm as big of a Redskins fan as anybody here, but lets be honest it's been 20 years ago since our last Super Bowl win. And if you are going off of anything ESPN says or did that is :ols:

Has it really been 20 years.....:ols: That alone makes me want to cry.

Hell we say the Redskins are the best team ever, it's what fans do ;)

That's because we're all fanboys, but at least we admit to it.

I didn't ask about Tiger in the Championship thing. Who wins Championship first, or ever Jr or the Skins? I think right now Jr has a better shot.... The Skins are a long ways off imo

Oh sorry read that question wrong. I seriously don't ever see Junior winning a championship, his place in NASCAR is IMO as a fan favorite and perennial under achiever. As for the 'Skins....well a sobering though hit me the other day, the Saints went 40 some years before winning a Super Bowl...I guess we're almost half way there. :ols: :doh:

Edit: By the Skins being a long ways off, i mean 4 years or so

Agreed....sadly.

Did you guys see Chick Hernandez's interview with Tiger during the Caps game the other night? Dude looked like he had been bawling for an hour before the interview started. I had never seen him look that rough. It was pretty clear to me that he's nowhere near being "over" what's happened to his life; and I can't blame him. It was his own fault, but I definitely feel for the guy a little bit.

Golf being the mental game that is, and requiring the focus that it does, I don't see Tiger winning any time soon.

On the other hand, Jr. is off to his best start in a long time. He hasn't really had the dominant car yet (at least that I remember) but that team is very consistent right now. And consistency has a way of paying off LARGE in NASCAR.

I've told my friends that are Jr. fans many times that I have a great deal of respect for that kid as a human being. He might not be the best driver on the circuit, but to go 200+ MPH past the spot where your father died 200 times in a race takes a certain kind of toughness. Jr. has that. And one of these days, probably this year, when he has a car that's capable, he'll put it in victory lane.

Speaking of focus and concentration, has Jr. missed his pit box yet this year? I don't think he has. That's another good sign. Also, it seems like he's getting better at relaying to his crew chief exactly what the car's doing. Maybe Letarte is helping to bring that out of him. That's always been one of his weaknesses.

"The car is garbage" doesn't help.

"We're tight in and loose off" does.

^^ hog, He's definitely missed the pit box in at least one Nationwide race. I think he's done it in Cup, too. But yeah, he hasn't had all of the mental errors this year that he made the previous couple of years. And he's showing signs of consistency this year. Letarte seems like the perfect fit for him. I've always said that Jr needs more of a cheerleader-type crew chief, more than a stern one.

As for the topic: I could see both of these guys winning this year. However, I hope that neither does.

You wanna know who doesn't win first? Bubble Screen.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 04:42 PM ----------

I'm not a huge golf or NASCAR fan but I casually follow both sports.

I'm going Tiger. Tiger is a legend in golf. Jr has a dad who's a legend in racing.

You wanna know who doesn't win first? Bubble Screen.

---------- Post added May-7th-2011 at 04:42 PM ----------

I'm not a huge golf or NASCAR fan but I casually follow both sports.

I'm going Tiger. Tiger is a legend in golf. Jr has a dad who's a legend in racing.

Exactly....

And I agree with what some of the other people have said....I follow NASCAR religiously, go to Richmond both races every year Martinsville both races every year, have been to Dover, Lowes, etc. and every were I go I hear these Junior fans talking about how he is the best thing going....trust me this is not just fandom it is complete denile as to what he truly is....if Junior was a drug these people would need a 12 step program to recover. Bottom line is the guys dad was arguably the best ever (I personally think The King and David Pearson were better but Dale Sr. is obviously in the discussion and for good reason) Junior is no more than popular and is only popular because of Sr. end of story....sure he might win a few more races in his career but he will never win a Sprint Cup, and will never come any where close to as many wins as say Kyle Busch, (I compare because Kyle has been in the sport a significant amount of time less and has already passed him in wins in Nationwide, and Sprint Cup)

As for Tiger love him or hate him he is a legend already, and he will figure it out and even win some more majors.

The law of probabilities would have Dale getting a win before Tiger. There is far more luck, and attrition in stock car racing, where as golf is almost entirely dependent on skill.

• 1 month later...
I figured as much. Btw, Junior is running awfully well. I think he's gonna win that poll I started a few weeks ago: "Who will win first, Earnhardt Jr or Tiger Woods". Woods might not even play too many more events this year, it appears.

I figured i would reply here so we would not hi jack the other thread. The crew chief swap is what Jr needed. I think they show up to the track close on set ups now, and he gets good info from Jr, like Tony Sr used to.

That second win helped Gordo on the wild card spot. He is pretty much locked in now...

Yeah, Gordon is in good position now. But like he said, there are still a few other guys capable of winning races out there. I doubt he'll have to worry about making it in on wins, anyway.

And yeah, Junior and Letarte are really clicking. Another thing is, Junior is now getting the cars that Gordon was driving last year. Plus Letarte is probably bringing along all his notes. And Gordon had alot of good runs last year, just not the wins. Poor Martin. He probably needs to go ahead and call it a career. Age catches up to all of us.

Yeah, Gordon is in good position now. But like he said, there are still a few other guys capable of winning races out there. I doubt he'll have to worry about making it in on wins, anyway.

And yeah, Junior and Letarte are really clicking. Another thing is, Junior is now getting the cars that Gordon was driving last year. Plus Letarte is probably bringing along all his notes. And Gordon had alot of good runs last year, just not the wins. Poor Martin. He probably needs to go ahead and call it a career. Age catches up to all of us.

Gordon has been somewhat hit or miss this year. And by hit i mean wins!

Yeah Martin should have called it quits, or went part time. I like him but i lost a lot of respect for him when he pulled the Brett Favre move a few years ago. Wait maybe Brett pulled a Martin :ols:

I just had to smack myself, i can't believe you are talking good about Jr lol

Archived