Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HEY MIKE..DONOVAN...Kiss and Makeup, We Got Games To Win

lovemaskins

I think there is a little bit of blame to go around to everyone for the failures on offense... Wasn't all McNabb in my opinion.... #5 is still a proven winner in my mind and our best chance to win next year are with him behind center. If not... and he is gone then so be it... whats another failed FA on this team? We are so used to it.

Will football start already please...

Added with the fact thats it's not Rex who missed a block. Although, no QB could've done anything with the line matchups in that game. It was a terrible game to watch as a Redskin fan.

I was happy when Mcnabb was benched after that last nutty int into double coverage, then Rex gets smeared and I shrug. Not much to be done when you're that outmatched lol...

Mcnabb took a serious beating that day.

He certainly did, heck he took a beating all year. I thought that was the reason he became inaccurate. I'd be skittish and nervous in the pocket too if I kept getting smashed and slammed by 275 plus lineman while the coaching staff looks at you like deer in headlights. I can't be the only one who thinks last year was an fluke, and with better protection and weapons, McNabb could look a little like himself. But maybe I am wrong and we've got John Elway on the roster all ready.

He certainly did, heck he took a beating all year. I thought that was the reason he became inaccurate. I'd be skittish and nervous in the pocket too if I kept getting smashed and slammed by 275 plus lineman while the coaching staff looks at you like deer in headlights. I can't be the only one who thinks last year was an fluke, and with better protection and weapons, McNabb could look a little like himself. But maybe I am wrong and we've got John Elway on the roster all ready.

Oh, injuries definitely played a major part in Mcnabb's poor play as the year went on. No doubt about that, but that's one of the reasons he should go imo. If we had a nice pass blocking OL to keep him clean, and he had a more reasonable contract, I wouldn't mind him having a shot at the starting job.

His age is the main thing, as I fear his injury problems will only get worse behind this line. And for a team that isn't going to seriously compete for a couple of seasons at least, it seems like a waste to keep him at his current salary.

No worries, I have nothing but good wishes for all Skins' fans. I could be wrong as well, after all :D

Out of our hands regardless lol

His age is the main thing, as I fear his injury problems will only get worse behind this line. And for a team that isn't going to seriously compete for a couple of seasons at least, it seems like a waste to keep him at his current salary.

No worries, I have nothing but good wishes for all Skins' fans. I could be wrong as well, after all :D

Out of our hands regardless lol

Now that I definitely agree with. He is due a hefty contract and age does dictate we should eventually move in a younger direction, but unfortunately we didn't get younger this year in the draft, and I am tired of wasting the other talent on the roster due to the qb play being poor. I think we've had at least 3 or 4 championship rosters over the years but we were always missing a piece or two, namely qb, to put it together. I just feel McNabb could help our younger players along especially the receivers we just drafted. Andf who knows, another year in the system could prove to be great for us. I'd just hate to see him go to the Vikings or Cardinals and have em in the playoffs, while we are all screaming at the TV cause John Beck's immobile ass, stands still patting the ball, chopping his feet, while he stares down recievers like he did in preseason last year.

Now that I definitely agree with. He is due a hefty contract and age does dictate we should eventually move in a younger direction, but unfortunately we didn't get younger this year in the draft, and I am tired of wasting the other talent on the roster due to the qb play being poor. I think we've had at least 3 or 4 championship rosters over the years but we were always missing a piece or two, namely qb, to put it together. I just feel McNabb could help our younger players along especially the receivers we just drafted. Andf who knows, another year in the system could prove to be great for us. I'd just hate to see him go to the Vikings or Cardinals and have em in the playoffs, while we are all screaming at the TV cause John Beck's immobile ass, stands still patting the ball, chopping his feet, while he stares down recievers like he did in preseason last year.

Hehehe, yeah I can respect your view there. It could happen. Beck relies on anticipation greatly, from what I've seen and read, and given he joined the team late in camp....this may be why he looked so bad.

He could be an awful qb, but I don't see it. Mike brought him in for a reason, I can only hope.

I just want an open competition for the job. Don't think Mcnabb's contract is reasonable enough to make him an option. Time will tell.

I think Donovan will be more than willing to put the past behind him and move forward. He acted like a tue pro through it all. Shanahan should also consider the McNabb possibility considering he needs this second chance to be successful for his future coaching in the NFL.

McNabb is damage goods. He's been ego injured by the Skins and won't play for us. Aside from that, I would not trust him to have the Skins back.

Everyone seems to think the Skins will tank this season in order to get into the Luck sweepstakes. At first I thought this was nuts but now there is the start of a paper trail to support this far fetched scheme, see below.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/15029593/mock-draft-first-look-with-luck-and-heels

do enlighten me.

i mean this thread is already humorous enough at it's basis of mcnabb + redskins = winning games, but i could always use some more humor.

Some else help me remember the game, but when 'MARK' Brunell WAS here, an announcer kept calling him Scott during an actual football game. Us homers here at extremeskins coined the term and started referring to Brunell as Scott for the rest of the year or forever due to his putrid play.

Some else help me remember the game, but when 'MARK' Brunell WAS here, an announcer kept calling him Scott during an actual football game. Us homers here at extremeskins coined the term and started referring to Brunell as Scott for the rest of the year or forever due to his putrid play.

Hey, Brunell was the best QB we've had since Rypien's freak year. Not saying much lol

But in 2005, if Brunell hadn't gotten hurt, fans' opinons of him would be far different.That team had a shot at it all. Of course, he fell apart physically after that.

He also had a terrible year in 2004, so I suppose if you supported McNabb coming back, you could use his 2005 perfromance as precedent for a QB bouncing back in year 2.

do enlighten me.

i mean this thread is already humorous enough at it's basis of mcnabb + redskins = winning games, but i could always use some more humor.

On another note redskins - mcnabb = andrew luck so either way I guess it work out, but I'm too big a fan to watch us lose like that. I'm not one to turn off the tv so I'd have to watch 16 games of crap. I'd probably put a bag over my face while I watch from my lazyboy. Dear God, please let Shanahan keep McNabb or I might see you sooner than expected.

He had a awful ol,rb,wr, no defence, not to mention a new head coach,and it was his first year with this team, and he still played average. He may be gone,but I think its foolish. He is the only QB on the team that would give us any chance to win any games this season.[ Although we may not want to win any this season]

Hey, Brunell was the best QB we've had since Rypien's freak year. Not saying much lol

But in 2005, if Brunell hadn't gotten hurt, fans' opinons of him would be far different.That team had a shot at it all. Of course, he fell apart physically after that.

He also had a terrible year in 2004, so I suppose if you supported McNabb coming back, you could use his 2005 perfromance as precedent for a QB bouncing back in year 2.

Ye, Brunell did take us to our last playoff appearance and victory, and he couldn't throw the ball longer than 20 yards. That's why I want McNabb back. Shucks, I just want to look like a formidable football team on Sundays. Is that too much to ask.

Ye, Brunell did take us to our last playoff appearance and victory, and he couldn't throw the ball longer than 20 yards. That's why I want McNabb back. Shucks, I just want to look like a formidable football team on Sundays. Is that too much to ask.

Brunell could throw the ball over 20 yards, just not with the zip that strong armed qbs can put on it. What Mark Brunell did have was a good knowledge of how to read defenses, and the ability to throw the ball BEFORE the reciever came out of his break, accurately hitting him in stride. A trait I see in one Mr. John Beck.

2005 Mark Brunell would be an upgrade over any of our current qbs, despite his noodle arm. Our offense had the same issues back then as we do now, sadly enough, and the man led a mostly Vinny made roster to a playoff win before breaking down.

Ah well...I really liked that team. Granted, the passing game was nothing but Moss and Cooley, but when has it ever been?

Anyways I can see why people would hate on Brunell, considering how gimpy he was every season here but 05. I'm saying at least we got that, and he was a gutsy player. I can see why Gibbs loved him.

F that. tell'em to kick rocks. im warming up to giving beck one last shot at it. if he is what they said he was coming out of college then give him a chance. we have zero to lose and everything to gain. it makes all the sense in the world.

Archived