Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't wait to buy: The Killing of Osama by ___ / Is Obama now a lock for reelection?

88Comrade2000

The military doing their job with a greenlight from the guy sitting behind the desk isn't special. He's gonna get a bump in the polls for this despite it having nothing to do with him. He was just lucky enough to be sitting behind the desk when they needed a green. Virtually no one would have screwed that call up.

So you are calling George W Bush a virtual nobody? :ols: I agree. In 7+ years he was unable to do this because.....

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

On the other hand, the stimulus packages have been among the greatest failures in the history of modern economics. Letting the man have another term is insanity. But America voted Casey off this week, so insanity seems likely.

Your grasp of world events is remarkable. :rolleyes:

Funny how the right will not admit maybe he is doing a good job, economy is adding jobs the man who planned 9/11 is dead.

And all I hear from the right is this may be a stunt to avoid a closer examination of his birth certificate

Hey Canadian,

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The United States of America.

Maybe if they'd thrown you out of the saucer before they took off, Will Robinson wouldn't still be Lost in Space trying to get home.....

Again, you nailed it, only the left is happy UBL is dead.

The worldwide celebration is false.

Go to some right wing boards thread after how Obama deserves no credit for this

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 08:36 AM ----------

Hey Canadian,

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The United States of America.

Maybe if they'd thrown you out of the saucer before they took off, Will Robinson wouldn't still be Lost in Space trying to get home.....

Welcome for what did I ask you to do something?

Wish there was no politics now... It's a great day and lets enjoy it as Americans.

Way to go Navy Seals! Way to go Obama!

So Proud to be an American!

In true Tailgate Fashion, they can't even wait a few hours before starting their partisan hackery.

Wish there was no politics now... It's a great day and lets enjoy it as Americans.

Well spoken. The fruit of much hard work by many many people whose names we'll probably never know.

Cheers! :cheers:

Are you implying they are upset that Obama didn't do something sooner?

No!! This has nothing to do with Obama. They were upset about the money sent to that country while they had to know of his whereabouts in the mansion. They were playing bothsides because of the self interest of their country not ours while pocketing our dollars.

I am supposed to forget this former senator who emboldened the anti-war dimwit demographic from the left who was rooting for my military to lose and in some rallies in California for the military to commit mutiny.

A senator who was also against the surge which was successful.

Yeah he gets credit for being in office and not obstructing my units from doing their job but enough of the he is a war hawk nonsense.

Today is a day for the Americans to take time to reflect on the lost lives of thousands of Americans ,allies and innocents UBL was responsible for since the 1990's.

Obama, I mean UBL, well both, can and will be replaced. Its not like suicide bombings, beheadings, throwing acid in little girls faces for going to school, honor killings or rabid irrational hate for Israel is now going to end.

Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood (in stealth mode) will respond just a matter of when. Then hopefully we will spank them in a devastating fashion.

i wasn't aware the GOP had put up anyone credible to even consider voting for yet?

~Bang

Well, Mitt Romney. I don't see why Newt Gingrich is so vilified. The Contract with America he did in the 90's was a good thing we need more of.

But yeah, whoever runs against Obama is gonna get ripped apart by the press. Palin deserved to get ripped, but McCain (aside from stupidly picking Palin) was so unfairly trashed. After the debates, every evening that I watch any news other than fox, the evening news would have a *positive story about Obama* and a *negative or neutral story about McCain*, and act like they were being fair to both sides.

Wall Street is making money, and we just accomplished a mission that Bush Jr. could not in 8 years. Despite all the bs the GoP throws at Obama he is doiong it his way. If you love or hate him he has made a difference. He is not afraid to bite the bullet and fall on the sword. I can only imagine what Obama can do in another 4 years. Love him or hate him, he is making a difference.

Wall Street is making money, and we just accomplished a mission that Bush Jr. could not in 8 years. Despite all the bs the GoP throws at Obama he is doiong it his way. If you love or hate him he has made a difference. He is not afraid to bite the bullet and fall on the sword. I can only imagine what Obama can do in another 4 years. Love him or hate him, he is making a difference.

Dude please. We and its WE have been after UBL since the Clinton administration the USS Cole bombing, Khobar Towers attack. Obama was blessed to have the pearls called intel from the Bush administration.

Or are you going to ignore the fact that the information which came from GITMO detainees (after they had a nice bath) about the Courier and other info prior to Obama is what led to this.

George Bush Sr had a high approval rating right after Iraq. Then with Clinton's "It's the economy stupid", he won the election. Obama's approval rating will jump quite a bit in the short term. In 2012, I'm sure "it's the economy stupid" all over again. Nobody is going to care about Bin Laden in 2012 if they are paying $6 per gallon of gas and good jobs are scarce.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 11:25 AM ----------

Obama's a rock star now. No way he loses the next election. Truth.

If the election was next month, yeah.. A year and a half is a very long time in politics. Attention spans are short. After a month or two, it will be old news.

Well, Mitt Romney. I don't see why Newt Gingrich is so vilified. The Contract with America he did in the 90's was a good thing we need more of.

But yeah, whoever runs against Obama is gonna get ripped apart by the press. Palin deserved to get ripped, but McCain (aside from stupidly picking Palin) was so unfairly trashed. After the debates, every evening that I watch any news other than fox, the evening news would have a *positive story about Obama* and a *negative or neutral story about McCain*, and act like they were being fair to both sides.

Mitt is a gifted and accomplished polititian.. and he might be the most creditable in the Republican field... but it's hard to take him seriously given the fact he flip flopped on basically all his political accomplishments in order to run a national campaign...

Mitt ran the state of Massachussets as a liberal pro choice Republican who wrote and passed a healthcare reform package nearly word for word similar to Obamacare; which Mitt opposes... Mitt basically recanted and became his own worst critic on his accomplishments the day he decided to run for President. How can anybody really take him seriously given his demonstrated and remarkable public flip flop on everything both liberals and conservatives hold most dere.

Newt Gingrich might not be quite so politically malliable, and he's even more accomplished. Newt is one of the GOP's greatest out of the box thinkers and poltical strategists. But Newt also went toe to toe with a very Popular president in President Clinton and absorbed the full fury of that confrontation right in his politcal chops. Having to resign from his high office in political disgrace... but worse not having put in the ground work to rehab his politcal image as say Hillary Clinton has done. Newt is no one's inferior intellectually or poltically. But can you really take such a man decades removed from his greatness and rehab his reputation on the fly in a Presidential race? I don't think he's a serious candidate, although I think he should be.

Those two are the "strength" of the GOP ticket so far. I think you will have to go outside the current bucket of nuts to get a sucessful canddiate on the right. A General Patreus or a sucessful respected business leader who isn't known for his "great hair" are the GOP's best hopes...

Personally though the litmus test coming from within the party is so strict only wing nuts really can meet it. wing nuts and people willing to jetison all their real accomplishments and preport to be win nuts... Like Romney, and McCain.... Winners of their primary just can't win a general election in such an environment.

A General Patreus or a sucessful respected business leader who isn't known for his "great hair" are the GOP's best hopes...

Which is probably why Obama made the shrewd move of moving General Patreus to the CIA to keep him too busy to make a run as POTUS or as somebody's VP choice.

agreed, this whole effort was bipartisan. Kudos to Obama for notifying President Bush and thanking him for his efforts.

Hmmmm. Possibly a future add on map or mission in a couple of different video games.

Call Of Duty Black Ops Bin Laden Map.

Actually. More like: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs The Bin Laden Mission.

:doh:

Congratulations to Barack Obama, The U.S .Military, and the whole United States of America. Job well done!

My thoughts are with the victims and the families who are now reliving the tragedy that is 9-11. I pray that this can truly bring closure for them.

Mitt is a gifted and accomplished polititian.. and he might be the most creditable in the Republican field... but it's hard to take him seriously given the fact he flip flopped on basically all his political accomplishments in order to run a national campaign...

Mitt ran the state of Massachussets as a liberal pro choice Republican who wrote and passed a healthcare reform package nearly word for word similar to Obamacare; which Mitt opposes... Mitt basically recanted and became his own worst critic on his accomplishments the day he decided to run for President. How can anybody really take him seriously given his demonstrated and remarkable public flip flop on everything both liberals and conservatives hold most dere.

Newt Gingrich might not be quite so politically malliable, and he's even more accomplished. Newt is one of the GOP's greatest out of the box thinkers and poltical strategists. But Newt also went toe to toe with a very Popular president in President Clinton and absorbed the full fury of that confrontation right in his politcal chops. Having to resign from his high office in political disgrace... but worse not having put in the ground work to rehab his politcal image as say Hillary Clinton has done. Newt is no one's inferior intellectually or poltically. But can you really take such a man decades removed from his greatness and rehab his reputation on the fly in a Presidential race? I don't think he's a serious candidate, although I think he should be.

Those two are the "strength" of the GOP ticket so far. I think you will have to go outside the current bucket of nuts to get a sucessful canddiate on the right. A General Patreus or a sucessful respected business leader who isn't known for his "great hair" are the GOP's best hopes...

Personally though the litmus test coming from within the party is so strict only wing nuts really can meet it. wing nuts and people willing to jetison all their real accomplishments and preport to be win nuts... Like Romney, and McCain.... Winners of their primary just can't win a general election in such an environment.

All they need to do is morph Romey into Obama: Romneycare = Obamacare. Romney will not last more than a couple of months once the voting starts. Newt is nothing but a hypocrite and he has no credibility. He will go nowhere and will be done in the first month.

The republican nominee will either be a tea partier or someone noone is even talking about. Either way, that person will lose to Obama unless things get much worse. If that happens, then nothing can save him from reelection.

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 12:23 PM ----------

All they need to do is morph Romey into Obama: Romneycare = Obamacare. Romney will not last more than a couple of months once the voting starts.

I think Mitt is a lot like Obama. Coarse Mitt has spent the last 4 years running from all his accomplishments and disowning all his sucesses and Obama hasn't.

Mitt could never go back to the center, much less the center left. You can't get the GOP nomination or support with those kinds of ideas.

Newt is nothing but a hypocrite and he has no credibility. He will go nowhere and will be done in the first month.

Newt has the best resume, best career track record and most accomplishments of anybody in the race; in either party. Coarse you are right he has high negatives and there is the hypocracy thing.

The republican nominee will either be a tea partier or someone noone is even talking about. Either way, that person will lose to Obama unless things get much worse. If that happens, then nothing can save him from reelection.

could be. I don't disagree with you. The thing about early weak fields though; they tend to attract strong candidates.

We gave a mega disaster like Dubya a second go around so barring another economic meltdown I think we'll give Obama the same treatment. I won't vote for him this time...and if the repubs don't put up a serious candidate I won't be voting for them either.

As for the book, I'd pre-order it now if I could :pfft:

Which is probably why Obama made the shrewd move of moving General Patreus to the CIA to keep him too busy to make a run as POTUS or as somebody's VP choice.

I don't think so. you can't stop a man for running for President or accepting a VP slot, not even your CIA director.

I think many thought Patreaus should have landed the chairman of the joint cheifs job. He was in the running too; but I think that was politically too risky with the budget cuts on defense coming down the pike. you don't want a Patreaus / chairman of the joint cheifs standing up and condemning the administration for ripping the spine out of US defense...

---------- Post added May-2nd-2011 at 12:35 PM ----------

U.S. intelligence agencies discovered the compound by tracking a trusted courier who captured terrorists had said was a protégé of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Officials learned the courier’s identity in 2007 and in 2009 located areas of Pakistan where the man and his brother operated. Because of the security steps they took, their location couldn’t be pinpointed until August when the compound in Abbottabad was found.

Officials said they were shocked by the compound’s characteristics: built in 2005, it was eight-times larger than other homes in the area and worth $1 million. The three-story main house was surrounded by high-walls topped with barbed wire and two security gates restricting access.

Residents of the compound burned their trash, unlike their neighbors, and there were no internet or phone connections.

Closed-Circuit Cameras

Altaf Khan, 35, a nearby resident, said the house looked like a fort. There were closed-circuit cameras all around it and the women living inside the house used to speak in Arabic, he said at his house.

The U.S. officials eventually concluded that the compound was hosting a high-value al Qaeda target, and there was a strong possibility that bin Laden himself was there.

Obama was told of this new information in August and by February of this year U.S. officials had come to the conclusion that bin Laden was likely living at the compound and planning began for a raid.

Obama gave the go ahead for the operation early in the morning of April 29, according to one of the officials. The final planning for it was reviewed yesterday at 2 p.m. during a meeting in the White House Situation Room.

U.S. officials said they didn’t share their intelligence with any other country, and informed Pakistani officials only when the operation was over.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-02/u-s-forces-were-unsure-bin-laden-in-house-until-meeting-him-face-to-face.html

Archived