Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Husker fan for over 30+ years

Husker#1

So needless to say, I was very happy with this draft! And oh yeah, 30+ years as a skins fan as well!:helmet: so if you have any questions on the Huskers that were drafted, I'd be happy to give my 2 cents.

So needless to say, I was very happy with this draft! And oh yeah, 30+ years as a skins fan as well!:helmet: so if you have any questions on the Huskers that were drafted, I'd be happy to give my 2 cents.

As a vt fan, ive seen enough of helu to know wat he brings to the table lol, however i wanna know about the Wr? Apparently he has a knock cuz he has small hands and lack of stats cuz of the run heavy cornhuskers

I am also a long time Husker fan and I was very pleased with the draft.

Helu is obviously the best of the bunch and I think he can be very good in this offense. I used to complain the Huskers didn't run him more but now I am glad he doesn't have all those extra miles on him.

Paul is definitely a project but he has the potential to be great. After watching him over the course of many games I think he could be a solid #2.

Frankly the Gomes pick was shocking to me but then I imagined him on special teams and was suddenly quite happy. With some work he could be a great situational DB too.

True about small hands, also true about run based offense. One thing that I believe hurt Niles the most was the change in Qb late in fall practice. One other thing people might not know is, Niles is a Dominate down field blocker! also is tough as nails. Hard to bring down. above ave returner as well.

True about small hands, also true about run based offense. One thing that I believe hurt Niles the most was the change in Qb late in fall practice. One other thing people might not know is, Niles is a Dominate down field blocker! also is tough as nails. Hard to bring down. above ave returner as well.

well ive heard anquan boldin like comparisons, but i dont wanna get too happy just yet. Haha

Congrats on the draft!!! I know you were pleased LOL Helu is the guy I'm intrigued by. Some knock him as not being physical, do you see this as being a problem...and if you had to compare him to any RB in the NFL currently who would it be?

Also, any general thoughts on Gomes.

Thanks in advance!

I've long wanted to attend a game in Lincoln. I've heard from many that Nebraska offers the best gameday experience in all of college fb. The tailgating rivals that of the SEC's finest. The passion cannot be compared to anywhere else due to Nebraska's geographic isolation from big cities or rival schools.

Congrats on the draft!!! I know you were pleased LOL Helu is the guy I'm intrigued by. Some knock him as not being physical, do you see this as being a problem...and if you had to compare him to any RB in the NFL currently who would it be?

Also, any general thoughts on Gomes.

Thanks in advance!

As a running back trying to avoid being tackled that may be a good thing.:silly:

Can you give us a pros/cons of each player and who each player resembles who currently plays in the NFL? thanks!

R.Helu:

Pro- Roy has great vision and will hit the seem. Can hit the home run. above ave speed. tough runner but not a bruiser.

Con-Roy is inj prone and is questionable at catching the ball. Had his share of drops. But this may be do to a inj shoulder.

N.Paul:

Pro-Niles is a great downfield blocker, pretty physical with deseptive speed, above ave return man very hard to bring down. very good athlete.

Con-Drops to many balls, and gets taken out of his game when this happens. unproven.

D.Gomes:

Pro-Smart player rarely makes mistakes, Above ave hitter for his size, Can play both CB and Safety.

Con-A bit of a tweener imo. may not be physical enough for safety of fast enough for corner.

Great to have you on, Husker fan!

As a Penn State fan, I am thrilled we drafted Royster as well.

But as a Penn State fan ,I sincerely hope we welcome your Huskers to the Big Ten with a whippin'.

Gomes has me intrigued, and am thinking he'll get his best shots on Special Teams. i really hope he can be better than Doughty / Moore.. but I ain't holdin' my breath on a rookie.

I love the pick of Helu, he looks like the prototypical slasher the zone blocking scheme loves.

~Bang

Great to have you on, Husker fan!

As a Penn State fan, I am thrilled we drafted Royster as well.

But as a Penn State fan ,I sincerely hope we welcome your Huskers to the Big Ten with a whippin'.

Gomes has me intrigued, and am thinking he'll get his best shots on Special Teams. i really hope he can be better than Doughty / Moore.. but I ain't holdin' my breath on a rookie.

I love the pick of Helu, he looks like the prototypical slasher the zone blocking scheme loves.

~Bang

Are new cross conf rival..........Will be whoop'in up on ya once a year!!!! Great respect for Joe Pa.

OK I gotta ask - how good is Gomes? Please try and be unbiased. In the chat we were all scratching our heads. Was he worth that high of a pick or perhaps could have gotten him later?

Gomes as I said is a very smart player who knows where and when to be at the point of attack. was good at the nickle blitz. and things of that nature. to be honest. Gomes is the type of player that can do many things in the secondary. however I was a little surprised as well at where we took him. 5th rnd seemed a bit high. If he dosen't make the team, It won't be from lack of effort.

Gomes as I said is a very smart player who knows where and when to be at the point of attack. was good at the nickle blitz. and things of that nature. to be honest. Gomes is the type of player that can do many things in the secondary. however I was a little surprised as well at where we took him. 5th rnd seemed a bit high. If he dosen't make the team, It won't be from lack of effort.

nice to hear I guess but the one thing that scares me is since everyone has the consensus he was a reach when we grabbed him I think we could have snagged him later and perhaps I wonder who we could have gotten instead

• 2 weeks later...

Skins fan in Omaha here. I am thrilled the most with Gomes. Kid is tough and smart.

Nebraska D has been it's bread and butter since Pelini took over. He has made it clear that their are no starters for the season. You must earn your starting job every week.

And the Big 12 is not a run conference anymore. DJ has faced Colt McCoy, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Gabbert, to name a few. Jake Locker 2wice last year.

Tough to provide a whole lot on Helu and Niles. Our offense has been as bad as the D has been good. Helu is a hr hitter, as stated earlier.

Niles is Ahman greens nephew. My concern is hs head isn't always in the game, and he's made some plays that head right to the blooper reel.

• 2 months later...

So. is this pretty much how things are going on in practice? I don't get to much news here in Nebraska.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 01:36 PM ----------

So. is this pretty much how things are going on in practice? I don't get to much news here in Nebraska.

R.Helu:

Pro- Roy has great vision and will hit the seem. Can hit the home run. above ave speed. tough runner but not a bruiser.

Con-Roy is inj prone and is questionable at catching the ball. Had his share of drops. But this may be do to a inj shoulder.

N.Paul:

Pro-Niles is a great downfield blocker, pretty physical with deseptive speed, above ave return man very hard to bring down. very good athlete.

Con-Drops to many balls, and gets taken out of his game when this happens. unproven.

D.Gomes:

Pro-Smart player rarely makes mistakes, Above ave hitter for his size, Can play both CB and Safety.

Con-A bit of a tweener imo. may not be physical enough for safety of fast enough for corner.

I always think Defense when I think of Huskers. Having said that I found Paul and Helu very impressive when I watched college football. Paul needs more confidence in catching but he's got great speed. Helu is is a stubborn runner who will fight for yards. No I'm not a husker fan but I enjoy watching their home games. Awesome gameday atmosphere.

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 02:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added August-4th-2011 at 01:36 PM ----------

Helu has been getting a good amount of praise in his running so far. I think I heard some mentions of Gomes doing pretty well. Paul apparently was getting some good work outs in this morning. He's probably limited with Moss and Stallworth getting reps. Hopefully Paul makes the most of his opportunity.

Archived