Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles lose Dawkins and Taylor...

MikeB

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

Redman I just know that was a typo. Here you go.

I have to believe that that makes the Redskins the favored team in the NFC East.

I pull for my team as much as anyone, but I meant what I said. The Giants have fewer question marks than we do and have already shown that they can reach the Super Bowl with the same core of players.

Not to say we can't win the division, but you'd have to say that the Giants would be expected to more than we would.

Scroll down.

Subject: Lis-Franc fracture

"My son has suffered a Lis-Franc fracture. Although I did not know the name of the injury or the ramification, it did not take an x-ray for me to see that it was a serious injury. I am trying to get as much information as I can concerning the injury and any possible long-term results. He had surgery and is now in a cast. The doctor has perdicted 3 to 6 months recuperation. I would appreciate any information you have regarding this particular injury. Thank you for you help."

Dr. Kasdan's response: "Lis-Franc fractures are serious, and take at least 3 to 6 months to heal. It is a fracture which occurs between the bases of the 1st and 2nd metatarsals, and at times is difficult to diagnose. It not only involves bone, but it involves the tearing of the strong ligament which binds the 1st and 2nd metatarsals together, thus threatening the stability of the foot. Surgery is usually performed in order to stabilize the fracture, and to repair this ligament. Ligaments can take longer to heal then bone, thus the 3 to 6 month recovery period. Sometimes, after the cast is removed, the surgeon will recommend physical therapy and the use of custom-made orthotics. Your son should do fine, as long as he follows the surgeon's instructions. Good luck!"

Yea yea I know. What can I say? Er.....ummmmm... I edited? Must be the high chance for........................SNOW......... in the higher elevations predicted for tonight. Has me on edge. Either that or there is too much blood in my alcohol stream. :D

:40oz:

:cheers:

It's unfortunate the rash of injuries suffered by the Eagles. I've read comments about the turf at "the Stink", is that the cause of these foot injuries.

I would have preferred to beat the Eagles man-o-mano, because now with the injuries they have an excuse for loosing.

Finally, it appears the window crack still remaining open for a Super Bowl run just slammed shut and locked.

Injuries apparently weren't an excuse for the Redskins coming undone in 2000.

If you believe the media, it was Snyder's spending spree.

Man, what a devestating game for the Eagles. Not only did they get completely punked on their own turf in the opening game on MNF, they lose half their starting defensive backfield. And we're not talking the Falcons backfield either. These guys are elite-level. You got Vincent's advancing age, DEs falling left and right.

Not looking good. Philly NEEDS their defense to come up big. It feeds their offense. W/O the stellar D they've had, this could be a LOOOOOOOOONG season for them.

There but for the grace of God...

I honestly don't see the Eagles accomplish much of anything this year if Dawkins does in fact miss the rest of the season.

If you believe some of the articles about McNabb he isn't very much of a leader and with most of the veteran leaders on this team having been purged from the roster who is going to step up?

The Philadelphia fans have been spoiled over the last couple of years and other than fielding a competitive team the Eagles FO hasn't really done much to endear themselves with their fan base. This could turn ugly really quickly if the Eagles head into their bye 0-3.

Originally posted by laurent

I This could turn ugly really quickly if the Eagles head into their bye 0-3.

Look at their schedule. Its UGLY!

Sep 8 Tampa Bay Loss 0-17

Sep 14 New England. Both teams are gonna be pissed by getting shlacked on opening day. My pick is NE wins

BYE WEEK. This is bad news. Its never good when you have your bye week so early.

Sep 28 at Buffalo. They are going to have nightmares thinking about stopping Bledsoe with Dawkins and Taylor injured/gimpy.

Oct 5 Washington. Here we come baby! :eaglesuck

Archived