Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put it on the Line What do you think the Redskins will do in round 1 tonight?

BillyKilmer

The thing is, we're not running Mike's offense. We're running Kyle's version of Mike's offense, which doesn't necessarily need a mobile QB to succeed (see Matt Schaub, who was projected to be nothing more than a backup). Mallet could be our guy in the 2nd round...

Actually, we're running Kyle Shanahan's offense, which is a variation of Gary Kubiak's offense, which itself is a modified version of Mike Shanahan's offense...and he's doing it with Mike Shanahan's input.

But your point stands.

It seems funny to me that the rumor is Locker might go to the Titans at 8. Maybe its just a smokecreen, but it would be interesting if he did. All the other teams make moves for their QBs, and we just want to keep adding Lineman and TEs- totally oblivious that QBs are the keys to winning in this day and age of the NFL. The only QB we want to move up for is the one QB that is most blah...and the QB that can only throw a Campbell-esque TD number in college. Even Chase Daniels threw almost three times as many TDs as Blaine in the same offense and this is the guy we want?

Actually, we're running Kyle Shanahan's offense, which is a variation of Gary Kubiak's offense, which itself is a modified version of Mike Shanahan's offense...and he's doing it with Mike Shanahan's input.

But your point stands.

I just took out the middle man

It seems funny to me that the rumor is Locker might go to the Titans at 8. Maybe its just a smokecreen, but it would be interesting if he did. All the other teams make moves for their QBs, and we just want to keep adding Lineman and TEs- totally oblivious that QBs are the keys to winning in this day and age of the NFL. The only QB we want to move up for is the one QB that is most blah...and the QB that can only throw a Campbell-esque TD number in college. Even Chase Daniels threw almost three times as many TDs as Blaine in the same offense and this is the guy we want?

Great post. Someone who speaks with intelligence regarding the stupidity of drafting a QB in the early rounds of a very weak QB class.

I see alot of votes for Locker at #10, why ??

too much risk(passing inconsistency) that high

If Julio Jones is still there, we must take him, can't pass up a similar talent as Calvin Johnson at #10.

If no Julio, then DE Quinn (4.59 speed at 265 lb), wow

if neither trade down

Mallett doesnt last until the second round I bet

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade back into the first, using some of our later picks. Rumor has it the Packers are willing to trade back.

I know, I was just being obnoxious haha. I'm giddy for the draft to start.

You and me both. You know I was just being an ass for pointing that out :silly:

We just can't seem to agree on anything :pokeye:

Great post. Someone who speaks with intelligence regarding the stupidity of drafting a QB in the early rounds of a very weak QB class.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, no one around here who supports drafting a QB in the early rounds speaks with intelligence. Its just a coincidence that you feel this way, and they disagree with you.

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 06:08 PM ----------

You and me both. You know I was just being an ass for pointing that out :silly:

We just can't seem to agree on anything :pokeye:

You know what they say about great minds! ...Wait a minute...

Guest Spearfeather
Thank you Conn man, I think, LOL; and here's hoping he does too. We've been waiting for WAY too long for one of those, going right back to Sonny if truth be told.

WAY too long.

Hail.

This is the truth, and I don't know why we would " wait 'till next year " . It sickens me thinking about the fact that we haven't had a good consistent Quarterback, for more than a couple of years, since.....

You want your team to consistently compete for the playoffs? You better have a good solid Quarterback, and that's just how it is.

We need a franchise Quarterback, and I'm tired of not having one.

This is the truth, and I don't know why we would " wait 'till next year " . It sickens me thinking about the fact that we haven't had a good consistent Quarterback, for more than a couple of years, since.....

If you want youth, it was Mark Rypien in the late 80s early 90's, 20 something years ago. If you want good, it was Brad Johnson in the late 90's.

You want your team to consistently compete for the playoffs? You better have a good solid Qaurterback, and that's just how it is.

We need a franchise Quarterback, and I'm tired of not having one.

Me too and people who seem to want to argue against QB's never seem to grasp the shear depth of the consequences we have brought upon overselves by refusing to treat this positon seriously. If we had acted better about this we would have never brought in Brunell or McNabb, we never would have traded so many picks like in 2006 when we didn't have a first rounder, or the last two years when we didn't have 2nd and 4th round picks, and on and on and on. Truth is we have skipped taking QB's for years and its a snowballing problem that never seems to be big enough to get us to do the right thing and develop a guy. I blame Snyder for this. If he were a better owner instead of the douchebag he is then all of the coaches we have had would have felt confident to take a QB and develop him. Instead since he is the douchebag he is none of the coaches feel confident enough in there job securities to take a gamble on a QB. The real losers in this are us the fans, and the blame for this sits squarely at Snyders feet.

I think if Julio Jones is there at 10 we have to think about taking him unless StL is willing to blow the doors off with a trade. Passing up a top WR talent would be stupid considering we have nothing at WR right now, Jones would start for us immediately and give us a ton less to think about in FA.

Can't see us leaving tonight without a QB. I can see a possible trade to 7 to grab Gabbert or staying put and drafting Locker. Yes this teams has tons of holes, and hopefully we can fill them with young talent in free agency, tonight is about taking a chance on a franchise QB.

Archived