Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Put it on the Line What do you think the Redskins will do in round 1 tonight?

BillyKilmer

Me too and people who seem to want to argue against QB's never seem to grasp the shear depth of the consequences we have brought upon overselves by refusing to treat this positon seriously. If we had acted better about this we would have never brought in Brunell or McNabb, ...

I agree we need a QB, and my only prediction for tonight is that we get one with the first pick we take, but I disagree that Snyder hasn't treated the position seriously. He has, but he's failed.

He signed George, drafted Ramsey, traded up for Campbell, tried like hell to get Cutler, signed Brunell for a lot of money and traded picks for McNabb. It's not for lack of trying, it's lack of execution.

I have no flippin idea, I would like to trade down and get addtional picks, but that makes too much sense. The Redskins with Shanny have shown a knack for doing the same things The Redskins did without him. If he can't trade McNabb he better plan on playing him.

My apologies coach, apprently you do know what you are doing.

I got the pick number wrong but this prediction is what I said and pretty much exactly what we saw happen last night.

My prediction all along has been that tonight is an utter disappointment and we fudge up once again and take some Defensive player at 10. Who it is doesn't matter. What is important to me is I don't see us doing the right thing and taking a QB - Locker, Mallet, Gabbert, etc. and continue the dumb drafting strategy that's failed us for the past few decades. We could draft a great Defensive player once again like an Orakpo but great Defensive players neither turn this team into a winner or fix our biggest need and its nothing again the guy we draft.

No offense to Kerrigan but Gabbert was starring at us at the 10 spot and once again we decided to skip the risky move and take him and instead took another Defensive player. Anyone not believing that Gabberts career will forever be tied to the Redskins is fooling themselves. Should he turn out to be great then we have once again fudged up bigtime and thats what I think will happen. If he turns out to suck then of course Mike is vindicated and shown he was right to trade down. But you can not convince me that a Franchise QB is not worth more to a team then an OLB and a 2nd round pick, they aren't the same. Mike gambled that Gabbert doesn't have a good career. I hope he's right or this decision like I also said yesterday will eventually cost him his job

I I hope he's right or this decision like I also said yesterday will eventually cost him his job

I don't get this logic. He didn't take a risk on a QB so if that QB pans out he loses his job because of it? So, how many HC lost their jobs for not drafting a QB? It was the smart, safe, unsexy pick plus they now have 2 picks in the second round.

Archived