Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Peyton Hillis or Michael Vick will be on the cover of Madden ’12 (Hillis Wins The Cover!!)

CrypticVillain

I feel you.

Koolblue, what would have been a proper punishment for the two little boys for beating the dog and then setting it on fire? 2 years in prison w/o parole?

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/request-justice-for-phoenix-dog-set-on-fire/

It was Baltimore, not DC. But the 2 17 year old should get 6 years in prison per animal as a class 6 felony is the law. The dog did have to be killed unfortunately. Sounds like it was a sweet dog, despite being an abused pit bull.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/27549989/detail.html This happened last week. Kids stealing somebodies pet, beating it with sticks and then burning it. These kids are obviously not safe for society.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/request-justice-for-phoenix-dog-set-on-fire/

It was Baltimore, not DC. But the 2 17 year old should get 6 years in prison per animal as a class 6 felony is the law. The dog did have to be killed unfortunately. Sounds like it was a sweet dog, despite being an abused pit bull.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/27549989/detail.html This happened last week. Kids stealing somebodies pet, beating it with sticks and then burning it. These kids are obviously not safe for society.

Man that is pretty messed up. If we have to punish two to teach millions a lesson and to save some dogs, I guess I am all for it. Six years is a lot though. I seen people get two months for getting caught with drugs. and weapons.

I don't understand why everyone is hating on Michael Vick because of his dogfighting. Granted, it is morally wrong, but he paid his debt to society and is now out of jail. How come people aren't always bringing up Roethlisberger's misconduct, or anyone else's. I am against dogfighting, but I believe that rape is much worse than dogfighting. he also didn't serve any jailtime, yet people are more forgiving of him.

Man that is pretty messed up. If we have to punish two to teach millions a lesson and to save some dogs, I guess I am all for it. Six years is a lot though. I seen people get two months for getting caught with drugs. and weapons.

Animal cruelty isn't the only thing that needs to be cracked down on. There are many things that need to be worked out as far as sentencing and real justice IMO. When I review cases I can't believe some sentences sometimes.

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

I don't understand why everyone is hating on Michael Vick because of his dogfighting. Granted, it is morally wrong, but he paid his debt to society and is now out of jail. How come people aren't always bringing up Roethlisberger's misconduct, or anyone else's. I am against dogfighting, but I believe that rape is much worse than dogfighting. he also didn't serve any jailtime, yet people are more forgiving of him.

Trust me you would hear people talking about it if Ben was in the voting for the cover. The only reason everyone is focused on Vick is because he's a couple of votes away from being the headliner of a famous football video game franchise this year.

Tony Dungy who is on such moral high ground that his son killed himself because his father dismissed him, because he was gay.

Dungy has associated with an Indiana group that opposes gay marriage in the past and his Christian beliefs likely lend themselves toward a personal opposition to gay marriage. However, I defy you to actually find a source that can definitively state that his son was gay. I've heard that rumor before but never seen it substantiated in any way, shape, or form. To boot, his body was actually discovered by his then-girlfriend.

When people pay a debt to society for crimes they have committed they are paying for the right to go back to their lives. They are not paying for forgiveness, which certainly should not be bestowed upon them automatically upon completion of their sentence. That has to be earned independently and, in the eyes of many people, Vick is far from having redeemed his personal character. This should not be surprising or confusing at all nor should the fact that people are somewhat inconsistent in how they hold grudges.

I wonder if it would be cost effective for EA to make 32 covers. A player from each team so every fan could get what they want. Or better yet, sell the game with a token cover of John Madden but then have little interchangeable cover sliders you can buy and swap out. Everyone seems to love to "personalize" their stuff so why not? Maybe a few players from each team gets their own cover slider. When my brother got me a used copy of ESPN 2K5 a couple years back he made a Portis cover for me. Slid right in. Pretty sweet.

I wonder if it would be cost effective for EA to make 32 covers. A player from each team so every fan could get what they want. Or better yet, sell the game with a token cover of John Madden but then have little interchangeable cover sliders you can buy and swap out. Everyone seems to love to "personalize" their stuff so why not? Maybe a few players from each team gets their own cover slider. When my brother got me a used copy of ESPN 2K5 a couple years back he made a Portis cover for me. Slid right in. Pretty sweet.

People make the custom covers on their own. Just takes a little bit of Googling.

For instance:

Sean-Taylor-Madden11-360.png

People make the custom covers on their own. Just takes a little bit of Googling.

Oh right on.. but EA put so much thought into this whole voting/bracket thing, if you want to get your customers involved in the rolling out of a product, why not go over the top and make it way customizable. It's just photos on heavier paper stock. And everyone can get what they want. I'm sure if they made 3-5 per team, fans of those teams would buy them all, not just one. I dunno. Maybe they've done the math and it's not cost effective.

Who cares. I don't know about you, but once I buy a game and stick it in the machine, I hardly ever see the cover again.

They could put Mark Brunell on it for all I notice.

If you're spending 50 bucks for a picture on the box, I have some things to sell you.

~Bang

The cover art is on the home screen every time you turn the game on.

Even with customized cover people would go out to buy the game and what cover would they have ?

I would love to have a collection of old school players on modern games, but ...

True enough. I'm sure selection/availability would be dictated by region so for those of us that are displaced Redskin fans there's always online shopping.

I mean, it's silly because it's a cover and you don't play the cover. Heck, when you put the game away you don't even see the cover. But it's a meaningless selling point that I'm sure would work.

If there's still a lockout when Madden comes out, I'm not buying it. What will be different?

Can they even put the rookies in the game since they technically aren't on any teams? Also, how will it works since there is no NFLPA? Will the players actully be in the game?

Yes, the players and rookies will have their likeness and names in the game.

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 01:18 PM ----------

Do you just not pay attention? Roethlisberger can't be mentioned without being condemned for his own behavior. Neither can Stallworth, and players like that.

And Rapelisberger didn't serve jail time because, unlike Vick, nothing was proven and no charges were filed. Doesn't mean he doesn't have that rep everywhere.

you must have missed EVERY post denouncing both of them

If Vick appears on the cover I won't touch it. I'll wait until 13 comes out.
This isn't about having to stare at the cover. Even though one could point out you have to see him on the game everytime you switch games. No its the fact that EA thinks its right to put scum on the cover. The ones who voted for Vick are idiots. The fact that EA allowed them the chance too is just screwed up.

I notice in your profile that you are 22 years old. I'm only 26 so i'm not that much older than you. But i also notice some folks on here almost twice your age with the same feelings as you. This type of hate and "unforgiving" attitude is one of the reasons why the rehabilitation process doesn't work the way it should. Hate is not healthy, rather it promotes more prejudice, discrimination and injustice. Many say they believe in their justice system, but when an offender has served their time and does not continue with their previous crime, individuals say "i don't care how much time he has served, he is scum!" Criminals say "why change if no matter what i do, people will always view me the same?" Again, making the rehabilitation process pointless. Thing is, none of us know Mr Vick personally and he knows none of us. So i guess we really don't know what's in his heart right now, his attitude or whether he is remorseful for a crime he committed 4 years ago. Point is, it is irrelevant regardless, especially if he has turned his life around and stopped practicing what he has done before.

The reason why Mr Vick is being honored as a candidate for the cover of Madden is his professional achievements AFTER prison. Remember last year when he was statistically the best at the QB position for the second half of the season and the entire NFL was impressed with his play week in and week out? These are legit facts and stats even fans recognize which is why many voted for him. If he sucked, his name would not even be brought up.

If you committed a crime in the past, served your time, had gotten a job back in your field of expertise, worked hard and achieved remarkable performance than most of your coworkers, and your boss wanted to honor you or reward you, would it be fair for others in the office to say "hey, he shouldn't be rewarded. I don't care how hard or how good he worked. Remember that crime he has on his record? He is scum! He shouldn't even have a job!"

Reason i mentioned your age above is that you are young just like me. But in time you will find out that you will make mistakes in life, some not so serious and some serious. You may or may not get caught. You may pay for them instantly or pay for them later. It is easy to see the "straw in our brothers eye" when we have a "rafter" in our own eye(a long wooden beam). In the future, there may be a situation where you or anyone does something worse than Mr. Vick has done. You never know. Or maybe some already have. Or maybe some have knowingly put themselves in situations that could have potentially been worse than dogfighting ie(Stubbornly driving on the roads after a game or party over the legal alcohol limit risking killing a mother and her children and being charged with DUI and manslaughter). Just one example i'm sure many have experienced. See, we all do things that are dumb, senseless and irresponsible especially when we are young. Sometimes our circumstances in life and environment aid in us behaving a certain way. We will still do things that are dumb, senseless and irresponsible as we get old. Guess that just means we are all human and yearn for forgiveness for serious mistakes if we are truly repentant and make strides not to continue in the wrong path.

I just hope that you can eventually learn to forgive by erasing the chalkboard, wiping the slate clean, not leaving the stain on the shirt for years and years after a person has committed an offense. Even more so if you don't have a personal relationship with that individual, they have done no harm to you directly and you only see their face on a TV screen. Remember, reformed murderers of actual people are even forgiven by a victims family in many cases.

Its just sad that some of the posts of older ones on here that I've seen don't encompass much "wisdom" to spread more ideas of love, forgiveness and moving forward. Rather, it's the "Crucification of Mike Vick" "Let Vick Rot" "Vick Should Be Tortured". :(

On the flip side those same folks most likely applaud and support troops overseas who at times have killed innocent women and children.

By the way, I will judge whether or not if i buy Madden 12 not because of who's on the cover, but rather if it is a significant improvement over Madden 11. :)

I just hope that you can eventually learn to forgive by erasing the chalkboard, wiping the slate clean, not leaving the stain on the shirt for years and years after a person has committed an offense. Even more so if you don't have a personal relationship with that individual, they have done no harm to you directly and you only see their face on a TV screen. Remember, reformed murderers of actual people are even forgiven by a victims family in many cases.

Its just sad that some of the posts of older ones on here that I've seen don't encompass much "wisdom" to spread more ideas of love, forgiveness and moving forward. Rather, it's the "Crucification of Mike Vick" "Let Vick Rot" "Vick Should Be Tortured". :(

On the flip side those same folks most likely applaud and support troops overseas who at times have killed innocent women and children.

By the way, I will judge whether or not if i buy Madden 12 not because of who's on the cover, but rather if it is a significant improvement over Madden 11. :)

I have never said Crucify Vick and have explained why he has NOT done his time. It's even in my sig.

I'm also extremely anti war to address that leap.

I have also explained what the result of allowing him back in the league without him serving any punishment for dog fighting or animal abuse has had on Philly.

But, I'm glad that you will feel so enlightened as to forgive just because a video game has been slightly improved, because that's what's important.

Next time, try reading the entire thread, before typing up such a condescending, ill informed, horse**** post.

Animal cruelty isn't the only thing that needs to be cracked down on. There are many things that need to be worked out as far as sentencing and real justice IMO. When I review cases I can't believe some sentences sometimes.

I was going to mention the justice system overall, but I was on my phone and didn't feel like typing too much.

Archived