Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider Twitter: Redskins Release Derrick Dockery

authentic

Rabach is a passable insurance policy in the event that a young current rostered player or potential rookie signing struggles starting or gets injured. You at least need to keep him through TC and preseason.

Don't like the thought of him remaining on the roster. But if he is...Then hopefully its ONLY as a servicable back up and NOTHING more.

Was Rabach removed from the lineup due to effectiveness last year? I don't think so, which is too bad... we probably are looking at another year with him.

Happy trails, Dock. Shanahan was never going to be a good fit for him. Cap implications, anyone?

Was Rabach removed from the lineup due to effectiveness last year? I don't think so, which is too bad... we probably are looking at another year with him.

Happy trails, Dock. Shanahan was never going to be a good fit for him. Cap implications, anyone?

We save 3.8 mil

Not all that surprising. Dock is a bad fit for Shanny's system. Dock's best years were with Buges and Gibbs, and those years are a distant memory at this point. That being said, we are already hurting for offensive linemen, so I am a bit cocnerned that we would cut anybody who might provide depth on the offensive front.

Rabach cap firgures: 3/4/2010: Signed a three-year, $12.3 million contract. The deal contains $4.3 million in bonus money. 2011: $3 million, 2012: $4 million, 2013: Free Agent

Dockery was an underratedly bad re-signing by Cerrato on his death bed. Haynesworth gets all the attention, but Dockery was paid an exorbitant amount for a guy who was released 2 years into a long-term deal. No offense to Dockery, because he seems like a great guy, but I think his physique intrigues lesser GMs when the fact is he hasn't been that good of a blocker in this league. Good luck elsewhere, Dock.

For all people are bagging on Rabach (and don't worry, I don't want him starting next year) at least he was on the field competing for us. Dockery didn't even crack the 53 man roster most of the year. Great straight ahead power blocker, just wrong for Shanahan's scheme. He'll catch on somewhere.

Archived