Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider Twitter: Redskins Release Derrick Dockery

authentic

Not a surprise, as everyone here has mentioned.

Skins just settin' themselves up financially. Once the CBA happens, they'll be ready to roll.

could not said it better myself, not done just yet, although i would not hold my air on waiting for Casey

Nice move, we were already great as far as cap room was concerned this just opens us up more.

Rabach will not be released as we don't have his replacement on the roster, he started all 16 and although he played like complete and total **** he's still in favor with Shanny.

Not all that surprising. Dock is a bad fit for Shanny's system. Dock's best years were with Buges and Gibbs, and those years are a distant memory at this point. That being said, we are already hurting for offensive linemen, so I am a bit cocnerned that we would cut anybody who might provide depth on the offensive front.

Then you also have to consider how Dockery wasn't even active while Lichtensteiger was starting. I think it was obvious he'd be a casualty of the new system once we all started hearing about the need for an "Athletic lineman who is good in space." I've never heard anyone say Dockery was good in space.

I hope he gets picked up by a team and is successful wherever he goes, because he's probably still a good player, just not for us.

could not said it better myself, not done just yet, although i would not hold my air on waiting for Casey

What's up with the sig? I immediately thought you were TK.

I'm sure Docks been expecting this since the moment he was benched in the first month of the regular season. Bad fit, not versatile enough to do anything other than LG, high salary in 2011 to be a pure LG back-up...

Best wishes Dock, enjoy your wealth from the $20m in guarantees Buffalo threw your way...

What exactly is the insurance policy that Rabach brings? He must go, and now. He should have been cut, with thanks, two years ago. He is just too unathletic, slow and weak at this point. He is a massive liability almost every game. Every divisional opponent has known this for years, which is why we get blown out in so many more divisional games compared to the rest of the league. Its like we have a starting CB who is absolute toast, but on offense and RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE QB!!!

No more Rabach please. Anything would be better. Cut the losses.

What exactly is the insurance policy that Rabach brings? He must go, and now. He should have been cut, with thanks, two years ago. He is just too unathletic, slow and weak at this point. He is a massive liability almost every game. Every divisional opponent has known this for years, which is why we get blown out in so many more divisional games compared to the rest of the league. Its like we have a starting CB who is absolute toast, but on offense and RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE QB!!!

I couldn't agree more. I would rather play Lichtensteiger or Montgomery or anyone and roll the dice and try to strike gold, rather than play another year with Rabach where you know what you're getting.

In a league where Flozell Adams started at RT in a Super Bowl, some times you need veteran OL depth. Tell me who the backup center is if we cut Rabach?

Dockery should land on a team with a kick in the teeth mindset on offense, while we still have a guy who false starts to confuse the defense to play along side a center who gets pushed into the backfield and QB on a consistent basis :rolleyes:

I still do not see the harm in cutting the most obviously awful player on the offense. When else do you hear someone say "Hey, let's keep our worst player just in case his replacement is even worse." That's Matt Millen or Cincinnati Bengal type thinking. Get him on the next plane out of town. He is terrible. The worst (starting) center I've seen in the league.

Also, if the two guys who they get to replace him really are worse (no chance!), then guess what - OLD RABACH WILL BE AVAILABLE ON HIS COMFY COUCH IN SEPTEMBER. No one is going to sign him. Not in the NFL. There is no bad side to cutting him. None.

We need to keep Rabach until we find another Center.

I like Will Montgomery but I need 1 more quality center 1st before we let him go.

I delivered stone to Dock's house. He was putting in a pool and chimney's and stone patios. Looks like hes gonna have to sell it all now. Hopefully to Von Miller.

We need to keep Rabach until we find another Center.

I like Will Montgomery but I need 1 more quality center 1st before we let him go

I delivered stone to Dock's house. He was putting in a pool and chimney's and stone patios. Looks like hes gonna have to sell it all now. Hopefully to Von Miller.

Kory L's natural position is center...

In a league where Flozell Adams started at RT in a Super Bowl, some times you need veteran OL depth. Tell me who the backup center is if we cut Rabach?

What kind of backup center gets paid the money Rabach is pegged to make? If he gets beaten out in camp, you have to cut him considering his salary. I can't see for the life of me how he's worth that much.

There's nothing that Rabach brings at this point in his career that we can't pick up off the street. Unsigned FAs can get blown up by NTs for much less money

your like the 2nd person that asked about that in the last 2 days. lol honestly im not a computer guy, still even learning the ropes with twitter, tk and i have had that sig for a while , guess i just been gone for a while that people forgot

Archived