Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Generic Movie Thread (Includes Misc. New Movies Coming in the Future) MET

fullnelson9999

It was cool having some of the movie filmed in Richmond - I got to see some of the filming area near the governors mansion.

DDL was also spotted at a restaurant that's only a few blocks from my house. He was trying to stay in character for the entire shooting process. Pretty cool!

daniel-day-lewis

Yeh, everyone behind the scenes or in the know seems to be raving about Lewis and this movie...premature of course, but Hollywood vets are saying oscar lock already.

He's always great. I have not seen any clips or heard anything about this movie other than what is in this article, and I would bet my house on him getting at a nomination. Daniel Day Lewis. Spielberg. Lincoln. Sure nomination

Actually winning? Who knows. He didn't win for Gangs of New York. He did win just a few years ago for There Will Be Blood. So I could imagine there being some competition, from The Master or some other November oscar bait movie.

Here's one you can all look forward to, ALF:

'ALF' Movie Lands at Sony Animation With 'Smurfs' Producer (Exclusive)

Jordan Kerner, who produced last year's Smurfs movie, has boarded the hybrid live-action/CGI feature, which is planning to retain actor Paul Fusco as the voice of the furry extraterrestrial.

Sony Pictures Animation has closed a deal to acquire rights to the classic 1980s sitcom ALF and will develop the property into a hybrid CG/live action feature.

Jordan Kerner, who produced SPA’s adaptation of 1980s Saturday morning cartoon staple The Smurfs and helped turn it into a hybrid blockbuster franchise, will produce the project with show creators Tom Patchett, a veteran of 1970s comedies, and puppeteer Paul Fusco.

ALF stands for alien life form, and the '80s sitcom centered on a friendly furry alien creature (a puppet) who crash landed on Earth and took up with the Tanners, a suburban family. ALF, whose name was later revealed as Gordon Shumway, is sarcastic and has an appetite for cats. He courts trouble with government forces that are on his tail. The show aired 102 episode from 1986-90.

paul_fusco_alf_a_p.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Saw several things in recent trailers that just made me go "oh noz!"...The stupidest looking new movie: The Man With the Iron Fist...cripes what a moronic looking mess...and my racist comment for the day: geez, i wish they'd keep rappers/hippity-hoppers out of the rest of show-biz...other than Common they all suck huge...ness.....

Worst of all, one of my favorite fun-read books/characters is Jack Reacher of the Lee Child novels...supreme bad ass...very early-Clint kind of character...and I've been thinking for a long time what a great series of movies this could be...

....and one of Reacher's many signature characteristics is his height...it's a big deal in the books and in who he is...6' 5"...so who do they sign to play him? The Most Giant Ego in all show-biz ("every role I play the guy must be the ultimate bad ass or at least best at what he does")...Tom "the midget" Cruise....I hate...I just hate... :)

I can't remember the third thing I saw that I loathed, so it will have to wait...

btw, there will also be an all-female version of the expendables...the only babe in it i know said to be in it so far is Linda Hamilton but it's easy to think of a bunch that would fit...

Archived