Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wouldn't be surprised if Redskins start cutting people soon.....who's going? (EDIT: CP + Dock + ANDRE CARTER gone, who's next?)

SMOSS89

Teams around the league start cutting players around the start of free agency/ the new league year.

Even though the NFL is going through the labor strife right now, teams are still going ahead and cutting certain guys with bloated contracts.

If you remember, we had a 'cut day' last year right before free agency started, and I wouldn't be shocked if we see another cut day sometime soon.

My only surefire departures in the next week or so are:

Derrick Dockery

Andre Carter

I would put CP in there, but you never know. They may string his situation out a little, for whatever reason. Casey Rabach is also a toss up.

Who you guys got?

EDIT:

Well, I totally called that one! /sarcasm

Now that CP has been released, do you guys see anyone else getting cut? To me I think Dockery is the only likely person to get released before the lockout date.

EDIT II:

K, I'm 1/2 so far.

Dock is now gone. My money's on Andre Carter being the next man out.

Oh, and also Maake Kemoatu could be another guy who could be out.

EDIT III:

Andre Carter gone. Will anyone else be next? The guessing game is a little tougher from here on out.

Teams around the league start cutting players around the start of free agency/ the new league year.

Even though the NFL is going through the labor strife right now, teams are still going ahead and cutting certain guys with bloated contracts.

If you remember, we had a 'cut day' last year right before free agency started, and I wouldn't be shocked if we see another cut day sometime soon.

My only surefire departures in the next week or so are:

Derrick Dockery

Andre Carter

I would put CP in there, but you never know. They may string his situation out a little, for whatever reason. Casey Rabach is also a toss up.

Who you guys got?

I agree and would put CP in the just about surefire category.

P S. Paulescu

P J. Bidwell

WR M. Furrey

WR M. Kelly

NT Kemoeatu

LB McIntosh

RB C. Portis

Can't imagine they'd cut Kelly at this point.

They put him on IR last year and kept him around, so I assume he's at least in their plans to start off this year.

He's on a rookie contract for a 2nd round pick, so it's not like his cap number is a problem.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Chris Horton gone also ...

With how miserably Moore played on his injury, I'm not sure you can get rid of any young S depth, at either position, right now. No need to cut someone like him until after training camp anyways.

Rocky Mc = gone, CP = gone, DDock = gone, Carter = gone,

However, OP is about who the organization will CUT out of hand. Rocky is a FA and Carter's contract is voided, I think. Dock and CP are the only guys you list who we could cut. While CP could be cut out of hand, I don't think we do that unless we have our eye on a RB in the draft or are really impressed by someone on our roster.

Can't imagine they'd cut Kelly at this point.

They put him on IR last year and kept him around, so I assume he's at least in their plans to start off this year.

He's on a rookie contract for a 2nd round pick, so it's not like his cap number is a problem.

Except for money reasons, I really don't see us cutting people out of hand. Even if we don't cut anybody right now, we will be bringing in at least 20 or so new guys to get to 80. Given that we have only 7 picks we can count on to find those 20, that means without cutting anybody, we will need to find about 13 FA of different types. I could only see a cutting Kelly at this point as a gesture to him.

Except for money reasons, I really don't see us cutting people out of hand. Even if we don't cut anybody right now, we will be bringing in at least 20 or so new guys to get to 80. Given that we have only 7 picks we can count on to find those 20, that means without cutting anybody, we will need to find about 13 FA of different types. I could only see a cutting Kelly at this point as a gesture to him.

Yeah, he's not getting cut unless he suffers yet another serious injury. Shanahan seems to really like him. And, he stuck around all year while he was on IR, so he should be able to jump right in this coming season.

Dockery- 2011: $3.815 million

Hicks-2011: $1.15 million

Rabach-2011: $3 million

Mike Williams-2011: $840,000

Big Mike is cheap. I don't see us cutting him, seeing as how we don't have a proven player stepping up at RG. We need guard help/depth. If we cut him, it wouldn't be till the end of training camp/pre-season if he doesn't perform well.

My list:

CP - Gave everything he had. Was a great redskin, but he just can't stay healthy. It's about that time.

C.Los - Unless he comes down on his contract demands, he's gone. No way he gets 57+ million with the way he catch fails.

Rocky Mac - Hasn't played all that well in a 3-4. We are keeping the 3-4 it looks like, and it doesnt suit his skill set, so I doubt we re-sign.

Artis Hicks - Didn't bring much to the table.

Haynesworth - Guy is gone one way or an other. No way he sticks around, under any circumstance. We get a 5th or 6th for him.

Kareem More - Didnt play well after the injury. I assume we'll upgrade significantly, which is why we brought in Otogwe. I think he's gone.

Sellers - Getting up there in age and wasn't consistent last year. I think we have other options at FB, who are younger and cheaper.

As much as it pains me to say this, it doesn't seem like Portis will be back unless he is willing to restructure/take a pay cut.

For memories' sake, its a little painful. But seeing him play the last couple of seasons (or NOT play) makes it not very painful. I'd rather if he just got picked up by another team, maybe had some success before his legs fully give out. Even as part of a time-share here, and cheap, he's not worth more than a young UDFA. I just don't see it now. You can't keep someone for nostalgia, or explicitly for his blocking.

Archived