Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers put franchise tag on C Ryan Kalil

Rypien1191

Damn, he was the one guy I hoped we'd spend big bucks on.

Well, lesson learned. Start to draft and develop our own talent

HELLO...............WE DONT HAVE PICKS. A 3rd and a 4th is where youd want to land a fringe instant starter or a developement type that will in a year or two.

HELLO...............WE DONT HAVE PICKS. A 3rd and a 4th is where youd want to land a fringe instant starter or a developement type that will in a year or two.

Agree. Another lesson that this FO needs to really let soak in.

Its clear the best teams in the NFL are draft and develop teams. Our way of building a team has been a failure

Goodwin is 32, not what we need right now on the OL.

Baas most likely gets locked up in San Fran though I would definitely bring him in for a looksy if he didn't, but isn't he more of a power blocking OL? Not sure if he fits.

Goodwin is somebody they developed. Im not concerened w/ age as much with OL

---------- Post added February-22nd-2011 at 05:03 PM ----------

Agree. Another lesson that this FO needs to really let soak in.

Its clear the best teams in the NFL are draft and develop teams. Our way of building a team has been a failure

Either way CAN work, just have to get FA earlier rather then later in their carreers

Either way CAN work, just have to get FA earlier rather then later in their carreers

Actually the FA "big class" route is a proven failure. we have seen it this past decade.

Look at the Superbowl teams this year. Built by the draft. Colts and Pats built by the draft. Eagles built by the draft

You add in an FA here or there.

I digress though. Our fan base wants big splashes and so does the owners. Hopefully the GM and HC see the folly in this method

Actually the FA "big class" route is a proven failure. we have seen it this past decade.

Look at the Superbowl teams this year. Built by the draft. Colts and Pats built by the draft. Eagles built by the draft

You add in an FA here or there.

I digress though. Our fan base wants big splashes and so does the owners. Hopefully the GM and HC see the folly in this method

+1. Use the draft as a foundation and supplement the foundation with FA's that fit. We do it the other way around and well.... :doh:

Maybe the league will invent some sort of system whereby you can select and sign young, unproven players (not tied to any current) teams that are cheap and fill your needs. Then we could get a center that way.

Not sure why we always have to fill needs with expensive free agents from other teams. Aren't we suppose to be doing things the right way from now on?

Archived