Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's trade up and get AJ Green. Poll included.

HRNY4ZRNY

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've always liked that one, too. :pfft:

And all the different versions--like my favorite: "Mods, please feel free to delete or merge thread if necessary."

LOL

All it is, is me not wanting to get NNT'ed and trying to be as nice as possible so if you feel like its not thread worthy you might give me a pass.

Feel free to delete this post if you please. :ols:

Bengals are officially looking for a QB, AJ Green might fall to us.

God I would F'N flip out.

Offense Needs

WR- AJ Green

C- 2nd round pick

G- Davin Joseph

RB- D' eangelo Williams

Defense

FS- OJ Otogwe

NT- Shaun Rogers, Anthony Bryant and Kemo in a rotation.

OLB- Trade our 2 5ths for a 4th round OLB if one is worthy

I've been breaking down the AJ/Julio debate like this for a couple years now.

AJ was born to play WR. He looks like a WR, he has some crazy vision and incredible hands. By far the best hands I can remember seeing at the college level, comparable to Larry Fitz when it comes to making catches in traffic.

Julio is a sick athlete playing the WR position. I didn't think he would do this well at the Combine but no way can the Combine wipe out the years of game tape on both players to put Julio above AJ. I like that Julio can return punts and he could be a solid NFL player. I think he'd work very well in St. Louis' current system as Bradford can really target multiple receivers and hits like 5 or 6 different guys in a lot of games.

But in a system like ours, Julio would disappear a LOT. He just doesn't have the natural instincts that AJ has and his hands aren't nearly as good. I heard someone mention AJ as looking to be injury prone because of his size but Julio is the only one who had any injuries in college.

Yall can drool over Julio's broad jump but I'll take the 3 years of game tape. No NFL team is gonna bypass AJ for Julio, just won't happen.

Where do you guys cook up these trade scenarios? I could see the team moving back, but no way we would move up. Also the bengals don't want albert. I swear some of you just started watching football a year ago.

And your comparison is way off. Julio jones is more like calvin johnson then AJ green.

What's the point of an elite wideout if your QB can't drop back without getting his face smashed into the grass?

Come on, use your noodle. We have very few picks and far more glaring needs than WR.

Well, your noodle needs adjusting. Wide receiver "IS" an area of need. If one of the top players is there at 10 and he's the highest rated player on the board and is in our area of need, you take him. By your post, you are talking about the offensive line. We know that is another area of need (G/C specifically), but there are no guards/centers worth taking at 10. We'll have to find Oline in other rounds or FA.

With J.Jones running a 4.39 at the combine on his second run, I don't think we NEED to trade up to get Green.

Don't fall in love with combine numbers *cough-Mike Mamula-cough*. It's hard, but Green is still the better WR in the eyes of the media and on film. But I'd love to have Jones if Green is gone. Jones may be better for our scheme anyway.

My point isn't that drafting WRs is tricky, it's that WRs are so dependent on stability around them. They need a good offensive line and competent running game to allow their QB to have accurate timing. They need a QB that is consistent and effective. I think these are the things that have been missing from the Redskins that turns our high pick WRs into busts. Until we fix these problems I think we'd ruin a talent like Green.

OMFG, thank you for saying that. Is this lost on the draft a WR crew? Or are they simply gluttens for punishment?

Archived