Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's trade up and get AJ Green. Poll included.

HRNY4ZRNY

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree that Jones played garbage against the four teams you listed (Penn St., Arkansas, Florida, and Miss St., but Green did worse against every team Jones and he both played against, including Florida, Auburn, and Tennessee. So pointing out how crappy their pass defenses were doesn't really make Green look better, if anything it just makes both of them look worse. And we'd have comparisons for games against South Carolina, Arkansas, and Miss St., but Green was injured for the first 4 games of the season.

So, like I said, you can accuse Jones for playing poorly against teams he should have dominated, but who was it that Green played so well against that proves his stats are superior? To me they're nearly the same player with Green being a little more consistent and Jones being bigger in bigger games.

Actually Green did better than Jones against Florida (4-42-1) than Jones (4-19-0). They both tore up Auburn and Tennessee, but you're right, Jones did more against those two teams.

Green's worst game was that 42 yard game. Jones had games of 19, 8, 41 yards. Also, Jones played with a far more experienced (and pretty dang effective) McElroy while Green had first year starter Aaron Murray.

Green missed the first games of the season due to suspension... not that that's a good thing. Edit: Green's pace would have given him 1224 yards and 13 TDs compared to 1133 and 7 TDs for Jones.

I didn't say anywhere that Green had better stats, just that Jones put up some ridiculous numbers against bad teams. By bad teams I meant bad secondaries, so I misspoke there.

I'd only take him if he were there at the 10th pick, which he probably won't be. Would not trade up for him. I'd rather go Sidney Rice or some other decent FA. Also the Bengals wouldn't take two first rounders for Chad Johnson lol

didnt think of that. Why would they take my trade proposal if they didnt take 2 1st rounders for Chad Johnson. LOL

Actually Green did better than Jones against Florida (4-42-1) than Jones (4-19-0). They both tore up Auburn and Tennessee, but you're right, Jones did more against those two teams.

Green's worst game was that 42 yard game. Jones had games of 19, 8, 41 yards. Also, Jones played with a far more experienced (and pretty dang effective) McElroy while Green had first year starter Aaron Murray.

Green missed the first games of the season due to suspension... not that that's a good thing. Edit: Green's pace would have given him 1224 yards and 13 TDs compared to 1133 and 7 TDs for Jones.

I didn't say anywhere that Green had better stats, just that Jones put up some ridiculous numbers against bad teams. By bad teams I meant bad secondaries, so I misspoke there.

Oh, I didn't realize Green was suspended, I just knew he'd missed the first four. However, the suspension is one of those that it shouldn't bother anyone. I wouldn't even give it a second thought, it's not like the guy was dealing drugs or anything, so I'm okay with it. It's probably more embarrassing for the university than anything. :ols:

I just thought it was an interesting discussion. I'm really not for either WR and I hope we don't draft either, but I wouldn't cry my eyes out if we did.

I really think, in this draft, there's little we could do wrong, except to trade picks away. We could take a WR with #10 or QB or nearly any position on the field and it would probably have a largely positive affect on the team's play.

Either way, unless one of those guys goes to a division opponent, I hope they do well. I do think Jones will be one of those guys that's hugely inconsistent and makes you shake your head and I think Green will be the kind of player you can count on week after week.

Just something to consider - with Demaryius Thomas rupturing his achilles today, and Royal out a minimum of six months with his hip injury, the Broncos could very well be in the market for a WR. If you really want Green, you might have to trade all the way up to #1.

Just something to consider - with Demaryius Thomas rupturing his achilles today, and Royal out a minimum of six months with his hip injury, the Broncos could very well be in the market for a WR. If you really want Green, you might have to trade all the way up to #1.

How long does it take to rehab a ruptured achilles?

just that Jones put up some ridiculous numbers against bad teams. By bad teams I meant bad secondaries, so I misspoke there.

Tennessee actually has a pretty good secondary, and he (as well as Green) tore up Peterson and LSU.

---------- Post added February-10th-2011 at 08:24 PM ----------

How long does it take to rehab a ruptured achilles?

1 year usually, and according to Schefter, 36% of players with a ruptured achilles never play again - and most never return to anywhere near the same level of production. This day and age, its pretty much the worst injury to suffer - far worse than most knee injuries.

Here's an article on it: @ChrisWesseling: Achilles tendon ruptures in NFL: 36% never play again. Those who play can't meet pre-injury level http://bit.ly/gpU2p0 Also, they're saying 6-8 months for recovery, but as we have seen with Maake, it takes much longer to get back to 100%.

Broncos have been so snakebit with injuries the past year.

I might be alone, but I think WR is actually the LAST thing to worry about when rebuilding a team, and this team is certainly rebuilding. Specifically the defense. I think it's insane not to go DE or LB considering the talent that should be there at the 10 spot.

The offense will come along. Torain showed he can be the real deal, and the Oline certainly needs some more work. Speaking of luxuries we can't afford, expecting to go out next year and be this awesome passing attack just because we got an AJ Green is just not realistic. The strong point of this offense, at the moment, seems to be the running game, as crazy as that sounds.. but it's what Shanny likes to do,

I just feel like you can put the best WR in the world on this team, and he wouldn't produce the results you would expect. Washington is too much of a mess to be able to plug in a superstar and have it work. The foundation of this team still needs to be built.

I loved the highlight especially T.I. What You Know. I could be wrong but I thought Calvin Johnson has a lot more muscle on his frame. I saw some great things in the highlight video, but Wide Receivers have always seemed to me a crapshoot in the first round. Personally, I would rather stay where we are and get Von Miller or possibly Prince, both to fill a need as well as being Best Player Available at that pick; Or trade down and pick up a NT.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I havent watched any of the combine yet. Cant wait to see this dude. My radar at this moment is focused on

Patrick Peterson, AJ Green, Von Miller, Blaine Gabbert, Julio Jones. I know Peterson will be gone but this dude is a freak defensive back.

Not interested in Jake Locker or Cam Newton.

I would make the trade but only if I were the Bengals. This trade would be yet another disaster in the making for the Skins. With the 10th pick we are going to end up with a star D-lineman or Linebacker who helps improve our defense which is bleeding to death from all the holes in it. But you want to trade our 10th pick this year, a 2nd and possibly a 4th next year plus Albert for Green? For all we know Fat Albert may still get us a draft pick in a trade be it a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder. So you're really saying we trade this years 1st, next years 2nd and 4th plus an unknown pick that Albert could be worth for the ability to move up 6 spots to take a WR? Our focus needs to be on defense defense defense. Shanny putuis in a bad situation by forcing the 3-4 on a 4-3 cast of players. If we don't address this issue by bringing in players who fit the system now we can forget it. Face it the Skins aren't going to win 9 games next year but I am perfectly happy as long as they are putting the pieces into place to finally give us Skins fans a reason to hope. And that will require keeping and getting as many draft picks as we can over the next 2 years.

Always get a kick out of this kind of comment, as if they look for approval from the ones they would do that to!!!

I've always liked that one, too. :pfft:

And all the different versions--like my favorite: "Mods, please feel free to delete or merge thread if necessary."

Archived