Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gibbs and McNabb standing shoulder to shoulder.

tex

Who cares about Gibbs and McNabb, you guys are missing the best Redskins part of the game. Sophia Vergara from modern family was in a commercial wearing a Redskins shirt mmm:)

As soon as I saw the commercial I thought "I wonder how (or if) they will incorporate the Skins into this commercial?" When I saw it I raised both arms in the air and yelled YES!! And now its my sig!

So we finally get some positive publicity and you all poo poo all over it.

"Poo poo"? Who are you, Robb Parker? No grown man should ever say that.

---------- Post added February-7th-2011 at 01:47 AM ----------

Two class acts.

I was against the McNabb trade from the beginning. But now that we have him, I hope he succeeds next season or we get like a 1st for him in trade.

A 1st? ROFL...Yeah, good luck with that. We will be lucky to get a 4th.

I missed this. What exactly happened? They read the declaration of independence? When? Why? Where? Lol.

It was a big montage of different people/players/coaches from all around. Gibbs/McNabb were part of it somewhere in the middle and I thought it was pretty cool. They each said a line, and really, Donovan is a great speaker, good on the mic, as he showed all week on ESPN. And Gibbs is Joe freaking Gibbs of course. I'd say it was another 'odd' Donovan sighting during superbowl week, considering what's going on. I guess non-Redskins fans don't really know/care anyway, haha. It does give a weird feeling that Donovan will actually be back next year. It kinda brings you back to reality, like 'ok is he REALLY gonna be one year-and done?'.

I love how mysterious the whole thing is because, for once, the whole thing is behind closed doors. Many said "oh Donovan's out of town, no doubt." But Shanny isn't showing his hand one bit one the matter, and neither is Donovan. You would think any coach around the league that wants Donovan was drooling during his interviews, waiting for him to talk himself out of Washington so they wouldn't have to give up picks for him. Nope. Unlike Albert (who couldn't ruin his trade value anymore) Donovan is saying all the right things. ...just wish the guy wouldn't stick his throws in the dirt so much...and maybe be a little more 'yes sir' with his O coordinator..

---------- Post added February-7th-2011 at 04:26 AM ----------

A 1st? ROFL...Yeah, good luck with that. We will be lucky to get a 4th.

Hmmm, I know a 1st sounds nuts, but people are so matter-of-fact around here when it comes to what we'll get for players. When's the last time we've traded anyone for any picks anyway? Seriously, I can't remember. We talk about it all the time, and it never happens. Albert, Donovan, Cooley, Moss, Rogers...no one ever gets traded, so really, I don't know what guys are worth anymore, lol.. A deal similar to the one we gave for Donovan wouldn't surprise me. All it takes it one team to want him, and we have him, so that's that. Remember how impressed we've been with the deals Bruce made for Carriker/Brown? "steals" we called them.

[McNabb is lying scum. He shouldn't have been paired with a legit legend like Gibbs. Posted by SirClintonPortis]

I am not a McNabb fan, nor do I want him to be on the Redskins, but I have never seen or heard anything that would make McNabb worthy of being called "scum".

That being said, I agree with most of you that it was quite odd to see Joe Gibbs and Donovan McNabb together. Former coach with current qb? Shouldn't it have been one of the QB's from Gibbs' era?

"Poo poo"? Who are you, Robb Parker? No grown man should ever say that.

fine "doo doo" all over it. :)

---------- Post added February-7th-2011 at 09:44 AM ----------

i think the most likely scenario is that this was filmed before everything kind of hit the fan.

Donovan seems to be a good guy, but i doubt his chances of staying are higher tahn 10%.

The segment was filmed on December 21st. McNabb was benched on December 17th, still I agree with you. I'm sure the plans were long in advance for this taping before the benching.

1Py7PK5IUVk

I have this strange feeling D-Mac will be back next year.

Hail!

I think he's probably the best option at this point. There aren't really any QBs in the draft that jump out as franchise QBs and McNabb is definitely a better option than Rex Grossman. I think we'll draft defense and wait to get our franchise guy in 2012.

McNabb is lying scum. He shouldn't have been paired with a legit legend like Gibbs.

What? How is McNabb "scum?" He's been nothing but class through all of the **** he's been put through.

I think a lot depends on the CBA. If the lock-out drags out into August or longer, they may be forced to bring him back because he and Beck would be the only quarterback's with a contract. Grossman is a free agent and can't be signed until a new CBA, same with any draft choices.

I personally think McNabb could be very successful next year if he and Kyle can find some common ground. Kyle needs to design an offense that fits McNabb a little better. Clearly that did not happen last year - and why should it have when Kyle knew he had Rex to plug in.

;8147494']I thought it was a VERY odd choice to put McNabb with Gibbs in front of the Washington Memorial.

Seriously......

could it get any more embarrassing?

How is it embarrassing? Gibbs is probably showing McNabb that there are people that care about him. After what Shannahan & Son did to him, do you think he felt comfortable in Washington anymore? Do you think he felt like he was apart of the team? Simple answer to those two questions are a qualified NO. Gibbs is the type of person that doesn't close the door on you after a couple of let downs. Unlike Shannahan, Gibbs understands that Redskins are no where near close to what McNabb had in Philly. Therefore, he stands by McNabb to let him know, that there are people within the Redskins organization that support him being there.

Between Joe Gibbs and Mike Shannahan, I would much rather have Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs is not ego strong and gives people a chance to grow. Giving up two draft picks for a Pro Bowl Donovan McNabb and then Xing him off your page, was definately not the Joe Gibbs way.

Between Joe Gibbs and Mike Shannahan, I would much rather have Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs is not ego strong and gives people a chance to grow. Giving up two draft picks for a Pro Bowl Donovan McNabb and then Xing him off your page, was definately not the Joe Gibbs way.

Couldn't agree more here. I'm SICK of wasting draft picks. Trading them away is bad enough, but this is Jason Taylor all over again. I just don't understand why Donovan, for what we gave up for him, can't be our stopgap while we rebuild this team. No one is going to trade anything for McNabb.

Who cares about Gibbs and McNabb, you guys are missing the best Redskins part of the game. Sophia Vergara from modern family was in a commercial wearing a Redskins shirt mmm:)

My girlfriend and I saw that haha, pretty awesome!

---------- Post added February-7th-2011 at 02:27 PM ----------

My girlfriend and I saw that haha, pretty awesome!

Damn, she's not a fan of the Skins, it was edited :(

http://www.fatpickled.com/?p=3411

I think he's probably the best option at this point. There aren't really any QBs in the draft that jump out as franchise QBs and McNabb is definitely a better option than Rex Grossman. I think we'll draft defense and wait to get our franchise guy in 2012.

What? How is McNabb "scum?" He's been nothing but class through all of the **** he's been put through.

He lied or his agent lied to the public.

Something cannot be P and not P. Logic 101.

As soon as I saw the commercial I thought "I wonder how (or if) they will incorporate the Skins into this commercial?" When I saw it I raised both arms in the air and yelled YES!! And now its my sig!

you freaking genious ...my god, way to snag that pic in your sig. when I saw that I freaked out. the hottest chick in that commercial wearing our gear ...NICE!!!

I wonder if vergara is a fan ... wow.

Archived