Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gibbs and McNabb standing shoulder to shoulder.

tex

Couldn't agree more here. I'm SICK of wasting draft picks. Trading them away is bad enough, but this is Jason Taylor all over again. I just don't understand why Donovan, for what we gave up for him, can't be our stopgap while we rebuild this team. No one is going to trade anything for McNabb.

Thank you for agreeing with me. There is nothing wrong with Donovan McNabb and the Shannahan's are making a mistake by Xing him off their page so soon. It's only been one season for crying out loud. What I want to know is how they became so comfortable with Rex Grossman in only 3 games. It's not like he came out their carving up the defense. He did decent for what he had to work with and threw some interceptions in the process. That pretty much puts him on the same par with McNabb. Now, I have heard some people say that McNabb will be starting next season and I think it would be smart for the Shannahan's to agree. Do they seriously think a draft pick QB is going to be ready to start next season? Here is what our schedule looks like.

San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers.

Not sure what the order is, but we play those teams. I don't think next season is going to be any different than our 2010 season. Do you seriously think our draft pick QB is ready to step to the plate and take charge of leading our team threw the NFC East and other opponents? If Campbell was not ready when he first came in and Colt Brennan remained 3rd string while he was here, what makes you think a new draft pick QB is ready?

This is why I highly suggest keeping Donovan McNabb as starter.

I hope she is, but her show takes place in or around DC, which is why she's wearing that. All the other characters live in a town that is close to, or is, a football city. South Park (Denver) and the Broncos, The Office (New England) and the Pats, etc.

Since when was Scranton, Pennsylvania part of New England? And Im pretty sure that Modern Family takes place in California

Since when was Scranton, Pennsylvania part of New England? And Im pretty sure that Modern Family takes place in California

Wow...I catch the occasional episode, but I don't really follow it, I thought it was Scranton, New Jersey. My bad. I didn't know MF was in Cali. I just assumed as much from the other examples.

Talk about foot-in-mouth...

I seriously wonder how 2008 would have turned out had Coach Gibbs & Coach Williams stayed on. Coach Williams ended up leading a NO defense that had arguably less talent than his D here to the BIG 1 last year. I'm pretty sure Coach Gibbs wouldn't have drafted 3 WR's either. O well its all irrelevant now.

Hail!

I coulda been a contender! I coulda been somebody! SSSSSTEEELLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it and liked it. It makes no difference if Donovan is back next season or not. A lot of you are reading waaay too much into this. So what if it was a coincidence or by design that Coach Gibbs was with McNabb reading the declaration, so were many other players and coaches from the league's past and present. They were reading it as Americans. Let's appreciate that.

Wow...I catch the occasional episode, but I don't really follow it, I thought it was Scranton, New Jersey. My bad. I didn't know MF was in Cali. I just assumed as much from the other examples.

Talk about foot-in-mouth...

lol just FYI....NJ isn't New England either ;).

I think a lot depends on the CBA. If the lock-out drags out into August or longer, they may be forced to bring him back because he and Beck would be the only quarterback's with a contract. Grossman is a free agent and can't be signed until a new CBA, same with any draft choices.

I personally think McNabb could be very successful next year if he and Kyle can find some common ground. Kyle needs to design an offense that fits McNabb a little better. Clearly that did not happen last year - and why should it have when Kyle knew he had Rex to plug in.

Agree that they need to find common ground. Not so much about the offense, but how they interact. FWIW, McNabb was on pace to set the all time franchise record for yards passing in a season. He took to the system. I think the problem is, we have junk surrounding him.

Archived