Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ideas to help me not have a D in Statistics

the other option is summer school. push the stats class you need off until the summer semester. you can still participate in graduation that way because you'll be just 1 class shy, and then you'll only have 1 class to focus on. plus, you might even be allowed to take a lower level class at that point.

I sent him an email about meeting up to discuss what I did wrong on the exam, etc, so we will see how that goes.

My only problem with doing the summer thing is that I have a job offer waiting on me to accept right after I graduate in May. The month of June, I am supposed to go to Egypt for work. I also took a ton of summer classes last year so I could lighten the workload on myself since I have a minor as well I am trying to finish since I changed majors during junior year.

One other small issue I have with taking a summer class after I've 'graduated' is that my name wont be in the program for the graduation with my major/minor that I worked so hard to achieve, and I dont know, that seems kind of significant to me after putting all this work into all my classes.

No, I had a German guy...it was packed full of proofs and I have to memorize them for the exam and rewrite them explaining my steps. I got that all right....its the regression equations, probability functions, etc that I just sucked at.

that, and there were a **** ton of kids cheating on the exam too, so that pushed the class average up.

Wow...people got mad when I told them students had to memorize formulas

MATH MAJORS

NEVER TELL ME EVER AGAIN YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEMORIZE ANYTHING FOR MATH

EVER

Ugh makes me mad

Okay after actually skimming the thread it looks like you put in the effort so just go out there and keep in touch with him (no puns here) and say you gave it your all, if the D is high enough you might be able to manipulate it to a C- or something if you are very lucky

Also the course may not be over so study hard for the final and hope for a miracle

GL

well Toaster, I think your remaining option is to fit the class in somewhere this semester, take it with the same professor, and he'll likely do what he can to make sure you pass. If you do take it this semester, I recommend going to your prof. before every test and exam to get his help, that should give you an edge. Also, principles and practicality don't always see eye to eye. You may have to cheat once or twice like those other kids did. Yes it's dishonest and should be frowned upon, but in some cases it's unavoidable. Just trying to be helpful, not actually trying to endorse cheating.

First, if it were me, you'd be out of luck. I don't even bother. Your grade is your grade, and I'm pretty up front about it.

Second, I don't think he is really eager to help you. This is the kind of thing my wife does because she just doesn't like to say no to people. If he really WANTED to help you, he'd have said, you know, you are close, and I know you tried so I'm just going to give you the extra points.

However, the reasonable thing to do if you are going to do something like this is to go over your tests and do the work you got wrong on them again so that it is right.

Um as a high school senior, I'm curious

How easy is it to cheat in college??

I rarely cheat now (unless I forget to study for Bible or AP English) but I just wanna know

It really depends on the professor. Some are better at catching cheaters than others.

My advice: Just do the work and stay straight. I've seen multiple people get kicked out of class with an F, and that's as far as I know. They may have been kicked out of school entirely.

Remember, what you do in college stays with you for life.

Archived