Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Oakland teacher on administrative leave after reports that second-graders engaged in sex act

China

Pretty much. You couldn't pay me enough to step foot there.

Lol. You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Someone who is a fan of a Washington DC team should understand. All of DC is not like the worst parts of Southeast, and all of Oakland is not like the worst parts of West Oakland near the dockyards.

A good percentage of Oakland looks and feels like the Hollywood Hills.

Lol. You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Someone who is a fan of a Washington DC team should understand. All of DC is not like the worst parts of Southeast, and all of Oakland is not like the worst parts of West Oakland near the dockyards.

A good percentage of Oakland looks and feels like the Hollywood Hills.

Well, then, the city's tourism department should get off its ass and do something about it. This is the Oakland that gets out. If there is a better side, someone from the city needs to say "we need to tell people about this."

It is amazing how litigous schools have become. I remember my very first day as a teacher I was named in a lawsuit and within two weeks had to appear before an arbitration board. Mind you, it was for something his elementary school teacher failed to do the previous year (and the lawsuit was really part of a tug of war divorce trying to prove which parent loved the kid most), but what a hellacious way to start. You want to talk about frivilous lawsuits... I've seen some dillies. From AP Honors kids scheduled to graduate 2 years early suing the County so that their kids can be diagnosed as learning disabled so they can take untimed SATs to even crazier stuff. I think in the four years I taught I was involved in three cases. One of my co's was involved in 23 and while you may be think that meant she was a terrible teacher, 16 of them came from the same parent and at least four of them had to do with her child losing stuff on a field trip.

It is amazing how litigous schools have become. I remember my very first day as a teacher I was named in a lawsuit and within two weeks had to appear before an arbitration board. Mind you, it was for something his elementary school teacher failed to do the previous year (and the lawsuit was really part of a tug of war divorce trying to prove which parent loved the kid most), but what a hellacious way to start. You want to talk about frivilous lawsuits... I've seen some dillies. From AP Honors kids scheduled to graduate 2 years early suing the County so that their kids can be diagnosed as learning disabled so they can take untimed SATs to even crazier stuff. I think in the four years I taught I was involved in three cases. One of my co's was involved in 23 and while you may be think that meant she was a terrible teacher, 16 of them came from the same parent and at least four of them had to do with her child losing stuff on a field trip.

and we wonder why we need teachers unions.

Archived