Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT: Oakland teacher on administrative leave after reports that second-graders engaged in sex act

China

Oakland teacher on administrative leave after reports that second-graders engaged in sex act

OAKLAND -- A second-grade teacher has been placed on administrative leave amid an investigation into a report that two of his students engaged in oral sex during class and that, on a separate occasion, some children took off some of their clothing and were clowning around.

The incidents happened last week at Markham Elementary School, but they only came to the principal's attention Wednesday, after one of the students told a staff member what had happened, Oakland school district spokesman Troy Flint said.

The teacher was present at the time, but says he was unaware of any such incident, Flint said.

The district conducted a number of interviews Thursday to verify the child's report. While some of the details remain vague -- such as when the two incidents occurred, and if they happened at the same time, Flint said. "We believe the substance of the story is true," he said.

Click on the link for the full article

Assuming that the teacher was NOT involved in WHY any of this may have been happening.....what the **** are 2nd graders doing "going down" on each other, or whatever it is that actually happened. There's really no other way to put it, that's what oral sex is.

All of this is assuming that the teacher wasn't somehow contributing to this, or "cheerleading" it. Which is never a safe assumption.

I'd definitely be looking at the parents. HARD.

~Bang

Absolutely. Assuming, again, that the teacher wasn't watching for fun and encouraging it.

But kids that age don't even know what those parts are for...what the hell are they doing having oral sex?

Definitely must be coming from home, from someone.

Very strange story.

I'd definitely be looking at the parents. HARD.

~Bang

Absolutely. Assuming, again, that the teacher wasn't watching for fun and encouraging it.

But kids that age don't even know what those parts are for...what they hell are they doing having oral sex?

Definitely must be coming from home, from someone.

Very strange story.

Kids do weird ****. Who knows where they get it from.

I guarantee the situation is far more innocent then it sounds. From the kids POV anyway, the teacher obviously has no idea what's going on in the classroom.

I wonder if crazy **** like this used to happen in the old days and we just didn't hear about? You hear that argument from time to time and I think it applies to some things (child molestation and domestic abuse IMO). Just crazy, I'm glad, lucky and thankful that I had a relatively normal childhood.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S1928494.shtml

ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) - Authorities in Roswell say two third-graders at Berrendo Elementary School have been caught by their principal smoking marijuana in a bathroom after school hours.

When a responding sheriff's deputy asked one of the boys how many times he had smoked pot, the boy replied he has "hit it hard a lot."

I wonder if crazy **** like this used to happen in the old days and we just didn't hear about? You hear that argument from time to time and I think it applies to some things (child molestation and domestic abuse IMO). Just crazy, I'm glad, lucky and thankful that I had a relatively normal childhood.

Yes it did....and I guess I didn't

Of course it happened in the old days. It happened in colonial times, it happened in midieval times, it happened in biblical times, it happened in the caveman days. If anything, it happens less now (but we know about it much more). But that last part is just my opinion.

As a liberal and a union supporter in general, I'm sad too. The Teacher's Unions are second only to the Prison Guards Unions for utter worthlessness.

not utterly worthless, but often very misguided; they spend more time defending bad teachers than they do trying to improve education. that said, i'm a male pe teacher that works with teenage girls. you better believe i want the union in my corner. (this is leading us down the "frivolous lawsuit" road i saw you debating earlier. lol)

i also had a situation this year where the admin. here really tried to screw over me and several colleagues. i was happy i was a member then.

nationally, the nea is garbage. maybe even aft. but they each have their own state (and sometimes even local / county) associations that i'm sure vary greatly in their usefulness and power.

not utterly worthless, but often very misguided; they spend more time defending bad teachers than they do trying to improve education. that said, i'm a male pe teacher that works with teenage girls. you better believe i want the union in my corner. (this is leading us down the "frivolous lawsuit" road i saw you debating earlier. lol)

Yep. The problem is kind of like the police force problem. They close ranks and ignore the bad teachers (rogue cops) in their midst, rather than giving the bad ones up and saving their vigorous defense for the ones that deserve it.

I remember movies like My Girl making me curious when I was a little kid, but only about kissing. Can't say that I ever thought about doing something like this, or ever heard of other kids doing something like this, at seven years old.

You mean it didn't make you curious about throwing rocks at a nest of stinging insects?

Archived