Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher report possible off season trades (Mcnabb, Haynesworth, V Jackson)

ryanwade21

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/579081-nfl-trade-rumors-10-bold-predictions-about-the-2011-

offseason?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The bleacher Report made 10 bold predictions about what trades would go down this offseason. They had Mcnabb to the Titans for a 3rd

Haynesworth to the Vikings for a 4th maybe a 3rd based on conditions

and they had us trading a Second for V. Jackson

I personally would be more than happy with this scenario. However, even though there reasoning makes sense the negative in me says that we will not get these high of draft picks and I dont think the chargers will give up Jackson for just a second.

Im mostly interested in the Jackson trade. Would you all be happy with it because personally im torn, He would help us tremendously but I dont think we need an veteran WR right now because I dont think were going to compete just yet and I would like to use that second round pick on a Nose Tackle or one of our other numerous holes, but if we do draft a QB in the first round we really need to get him a big target before we start him

First off, I hate bleacher report. (sorry had to get that off my chest)

Second off, I would not want to trade a draft pick for a WR. There will be a ton of WRs available via free agency. I'd rather get one of those. I wonder what Cincy is wanting to get for Ochocinco? I can't imagine his trade value is too high right now.

I would be very happy with potentially unloading Haynesworth and McNabb and in return getting VJax (he just turned 28 this week...he's no old man) and a 3rd round pick. I agree that WR isn't at the very top of our list of needs (yes, we need more linemen on both sides of the ball more than that, plus other things) but if someone like that is available and a proven talent, it's hard to pass him up for an unknown. Of course that mentality has really bitten us before, but he's young and proven.

Blaine Gabbert is going to need someone of VJax ability to throw to, but I dont we will have to invest a second round pick.

The franchise tag for WR's is going to be $10.5 million dollars this year, VJax was asking for $10 mil last year and the Chargers wouldnt pay it.

Which makes me believe they will not take the risk of applying the tag this year, paying $10.5 mil and then have Vjax potentially sit out some games.

I think they let him go FA and hope for a decent compensetory pick.

Of course all this is based on a new CBA.

As for McNabb and AH, hope we can get what ever we can.

Rumor has it that AH old coach is now with the Eagles, and I kinda hope he goes there just so we can embarras him twice a year.

Yeah im all for signing one of the free agent WR's and is bleacher Report not a good website cuz I dont think I've been on it very much if at all.

But honestly do you think free agents would take a reasonably lower amount to go to an orginization that is closer to winning and doesnt have the reputation of treating players like we do?. After Haynesworth (mostly his fault) and Mcnabb and the many needs we have and lack of respect we get, would you wanna sign with the skins? Idk im just wondering what these players mindsets would be

We're not trading draft picks for FA WRs. VJax went out the window.

It's well known that we'll take whatever we can get for McNabb/Haynes provided that what we can get is a 4th or better.

We could also draft a WR in the 2nd if we can trade down/trade players for more picks. Plus, there's the hope that Malcolm will be back next year.

For the record, WR is right there with Guard, DE, OLB, ILB, CB (if los isn't resigned) and FS.

I'm against trading another second for a veteren. As mentioned up thread, we have too many holes to take a "win now" approach. Trading for Jackson is a win now move. I'd rather use that 2nd on a young blue chipper to go on one of our lines.

Reality check: No player trades for other players or Draft picks may be made without a new CBA. Most experts doubt a new CBA will be signed anytime soon.

Not worried about the CBA. It will get worked out.

If we do get a 2nd for Albert, I think we should use it on C Stephen Wisneski or trade back that pick and pick up QB Pat Devlin at a rush OLB prospect.

I'm kind of surprised Redskins fans still have the Vinny mindset of getting the "big names". It shocks me that many of us have been institutionalized into this madden franchise mentality. Realistically, I think that we can get a 3rd round pick for Albert at the most. There will be alot of value in the 3rd round as always and we can use the pick logically. This pick we get with Albert should be used to get a NT prospect like Phil Taylor, etc....not a WR.

I'd love to get a 3rd for McNabb, a 4th for Al, pass on trading for VJax, trade down from #10 with New England, if Gabbert is gone and do the following:

#17- Peay NT

#28- Wisnewski C

#42- Hudson G

3rd rd- ILB for the 3-4. We have Rak, Wilson and we'll probably sign Woodley at OLB.

4th- Free Safety

*** sign James Jones or Jacoby Jones as FA WR.

Build the lines. We won 3 SBs with our 1981 draft/offseason (May, Grimm, Jacoby) and got Darryl Grant in the draft along with Dexter Manley.

I'd love to get a 3rd for McNabb, a 4th for Al, pass on trading for VJax, trade down from #10 with New England, if Gabbert is gone and do the following:

#17- Peay NT

#28- Wisnewski C

#42- Hudson G

3rd rd- ILB for the 3-4. We have Rak, Wilson and we'll probably sign Woodley at OLB.

4th- Free Safety

*** sign James Jones or Jacoby Jones as FA WR.

Build the lines. We won 3 SBs with our 1981 draft/offseason (May, Grimm, Jacoby) and got Darryl Grant in the draft along with Dexter Manley.

That ILB just might be Clay Matthew's younger brother, and I would have NO problem with that whatsoever.

Hold on a minute. I've heard several people say no trades until there's a new CBA, but that doesn't affect draft pick for draft pick trades does it? It wouldn't make any sense if it did because those don't involve players at all, it's an owner to owner deal, until a player is drafted with the pick.

Am I right here, does anyone know? I just figure draft day will be really boring if there are no possible trades at all, but I can't see how trading a pick for a pick would involve the CBA.

EDIT: Also, I'd do the AH and McNabb trades in a second, not sure about the VJ one though.

It would be great to be able to unload haynesworth, mcnabb, and other high dollar veterans (carter) to start stock pilling those late round draft picks. This team could easily transform into one of the youngest teams in the league with this draft, which would free up a lot of cap room for the next few years, if we do it right. From a 23 year fan, who has never seen the glory days of old, I've been starving to see a bunch of young potential out on the field competing. I'm ready to rebuild, and the only way to do that is through the draft. We need another quiet Free Agency, and to gain some more picks any way possible.

For the record, WR is right there with Guard, DE, OLB, ILB, CB (if los isn't resigned) and FS.

I'm against trading another second for a veteren. As mentioned up thread, we have too many holes to take a "win now" approach. Trading for Jackson is a win now move. I'd rather use that 2nd on a young blue chipper to go on one of our lines.

you said it! And what about VJaxs DUI problem? The answer is clear....not interested in him

Hold on a minute. I've heard several people say no trades until there's a new CBA, but that doesn't affect draft pick for draft pick trades does it? It wouldn't make any sense if it did because those don't involve players at all, it's an owner to owner deal, until a player is drafted with the pick.

Am I right here, does anyone know? I just figure draft day will be really boring if there are no possible trades at all, but I can't see how trading a pick for a pick would involve the CBA.

EDIT: Also, I'd do the AH and McNabb trades in a second, not sure about the VJ one though.

Right, no player for pick trades until CBA is renegotiated, but pick for pick trades can still happen.

Pick up:LaMar Woodley LB

Davin Joseph/Logan Mankins or Daryn Colledge OG

Paul Soliai/Chris Hoke DL

Sidney Rice/Steve Breaston WR

Eric Weddle/Dashon Goldson FS

Hopefully we can get a 3rd for McNabb and a 4th for Haynesworth then draft

1.Jake Locker QB

2.Drake Nevis/Sione Fua NT

3.Will Rackley OG/OT

4.Davon House CB

5.Jake Kirkpatrick C

5.Greg Salas WR

6.Chris Prosinski FS

7.Taiwan Jones RB

7.Alex Wujciak ILB

Right, no player for pick trades until CBA is renegotiated, but pick for pick trades can still happen.

Okay, thanks. It just hit me that the draft will still be exciting to watch this year. It's nice to see who the Skins get, but without trades, I'd probably just tune in when it was their pick.

Archived