Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Divisional Round

ACW

The Jets were a favorite prior to the preseason games. A lot of folks liked them until they saw Sanchez in preseason.

A lot of the "prognosticating" over the summer was done by the Jets themselves for the most part, going on about how they were the "Miami Heat" of the NFL. I don't remember too many knowledgable people proclaiming them to be SB favorites. AFC East Champs? Maybe.

I don't see one pick for the Jets as AFC champions. So much for being preseson superbowl picks.

:ols:...Is ESPN really what composes your entire sports world? If it's not on ESPN it didn't happen?

I don't know why so many give the sports personalities of ESPN so much value and importance...half of them don't know any more about football than your average sportswriter in any one of hundreds of newpapers across the country.

:ols:...Is ESPN really what composes your entire sports world? If it's not on ESPN it didn't happen?

I don't know why so many give the sports personalities of ESPN so much value and importance...half of them don't know any more about football than your average sportswriter in any one of hundreds of newpapers across the country.

Looking at 16 preseason picks from ESPN and 9 preseason picks from SI, a large majority (9 from ESPN and 7 from SI) had the Packers as the likely NFC champion, something which looks like has a decent shot at happening. On the AFC side, there was a lot of Ravens love......10 out of 25 had them as the AFC champ. Two of the SI folks picked the Jets.

I think the team a lot of people miscalculated on was Pittsburgh.......they just missed the playoffs last season, and many probably thought they would start poorly enough in the 4 games without Roethlisberger that it would be too much to overcome as far as making the playoffs, winning the division and getting a high playoff seed.

Looking at 16 preseason picks from ESPN and 9 preseason picks from SI, a large majority (9 from ESPN and 7 from SI) had the Packers as the likely NFC champion, something which looks like has a decent shot at happening. On the AFC side, there was a lot of Ravens love......10 out of 25 had them as the AFC champ. Two of the SI folks picked the Jets.

I think the team a lot of people miscalculated on was Pittsburgh.......they just missed the playoffs last season, and many probably thought they would start poorly enough in the 4 games without Roethlisberger that it would be too much to overcome as far as making the playoffs, winning the division and getting a high playoff seed.

I'm shocked those guys even did THAT well, to be honest lol...

My picks would have been just as bad, though...I would have had the Bucs challenging the Panthers for the overall #1 pick in the draft and no way in hell would I have had the bears in the NFC Championship game. I would have said Packers or Falcons. In the AFC I wouldn't have had any effin' clue whatsoever :ols:...that conference is full of teams I hate and couldn't view objectively.

Archived