Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another example of those idiot fans in Philly.......

sknz45

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/11/another-proud-moment-for-philadelphia-sports-fans/

Philadelphia sports fans always claim they get a bad rap. Sure, they can be boorish. But so are fans in New York and Boston!

Eagles fans got so upset Sunday about their unfair stereotype that they had to take it out on something, like the car of a Packers fan.

A Wisconsin native that now works in Pennsylvania as a college professor attended the Eagles-Packers game with his father. His Toyota Camry was “stomped on, kicked and beaten.” Mirrors were broken, wipers torn out, and dents made on the hood, trunk, and roof.

“When I left Green Bay everyone said to be careful — the Philadelphia fans have a reputation,” Peter Coenen (the dad) told the Morning Call of Lehigh Valley. “My son had a Green Bay Packers shirt on. As we drove in, they gave us the finger.”

Is it just me, or does a story like that deserve more pictures? Talk about dents and probable scratches all over the car and all they put is a picture that barely shows the car (without a dent to be seen btw). It almost seems like the guy could have removed the mirror and wiper blade himself and took the picture.

I love the last line: "Oh, we didn’t realize the guy had a Packers shirt on. Dude was asking for it." Isn't that the justification most of the Iggle's fans gave last time we had a thread about this kind of behavior: "We want them to be afraid to wear their colors in our stadium!" or some tough guy B/S like that?

Is it just me, or does a story like that deserve more pictures? Talk about dents and probable scratches all over the car and all they put is a picture that barely shows the car (without a dent to be seen btw). It almost seems like the guy could have removed the mirror and wiper blade himself and took the picture.

Is this a bad joke? He removed the mirror, which has its wire showing, and he took out the wiper blade? Like, are you serious?

Those people are absolutely pathetic! Must be something in that dirty, stinking water up there. One day they are going to mess with the right person and it may end up in somebody's life being taken....I hate to say it, but not everyone is diplomatic enough to turn the other cheek.

Those people are absolutely pathetic! Must be something in that dirty, stinking water up there. One day they are going to mess with the right person and it may end up in somebody's life being taken....I hate to say it, but not everyone is diplomatic enough to turn the other cheek.

umm...wouldnt they then be messing with the wrong person if the person that they mess with decides to kill them?

I actually wrote a lengthy thread offering a sociological research design/study of Eagles fans. I wasn't able to find my thread in a search (it was more than a year ago), but the same studies that were conducted on soccer hooligans can be generalized to Eagles fans. The basic hypothesis is that a person without career/academic/personal life success tends to view superficial things as a measure of their success. Quite simply, Eagles fans view the team as a personal possession, and the Packer fan (like any opposing fan) is viewed as a threat to that possession.

The NFL needs to crack down, as Europe has cracked down on UK soccer fans. As others have stated, it's only a matter of time before there's a tragic situation.

Again, I don't hate the Eagles player, nor the HC (I kinda respect him), but I dispise the fans. Namely the fans who act like this which it sounds like the majority of the Eagle fans in Philli who go to these games.

Soooo, when the Eagles are one and done or failed to win the SB it makes me even 10,000 times more excited cause they sure as hell deserve it.

Again, I don't hate the Eagles player, nor the HC (I kinda respect him), but I dispise the fans. Namely the fans who act like this which it sounds like the majority of the Eagle fans in Philli who go to these games.

Soooo, when the Eagles are one and done or failed to win the SB it makes me even 10,000 times more excited cause they sure as hell deserve it.

I hate Vick. I hate Jackson.

There were three Eagles that I actually liked, one of them failed at quarterback for us, one of them is our bad cornerback's much better brother, and the third is Andy Reid.

Try living in the Philly area. It's horrible.

I actually wrote a lengthy thread offering a sociological research design/study of Eagles fans. I wasn't able to find my thread in a search (it was more than a year ago), but the same studies that were conducted on soccer hooligans can be generalized to Eagles fans. The basic hypothesis is that a person without career/academic/personal life success tends to view superficial things as a measure of their success. Quite simply, Eagles fans view the team as a personal possession, and the Packer fan (like any opposing fan) is viewed as a threat to that possession.

The NFL needs to crack down, as Europe has cracked down on UK soccer fans. As others have stated, it's only a matter of time before there's a tragic situation.

I don't think the NFL needs to do anything. It would be the city that needs to do something. This type of crap is a regular occurance at their stadium and it shouldn't be on the simple fan who drives to the game parks legally and pays to enjoy a game to be forced to protect his vehicle. Maybe a few law suites to the owner of the stadium would force him to either hire more security or bring in more police to start cracking down on this rude and unlawful behavior. Especially if it's a person who is attacked like it usually is.

Hate to say it, but that sounds like Fedex half the time, too.

when it comes to drunken violent *******s, FedEx is getting quite the rep for itself.

~Bang

Aside from the despicable DTC, I haven't heard, read, or seen a thing about it. We didn't break an Eagle fan's legs, destroy cars, or throw snowballs at Santa. I brought my future brother-in-law, an Eagles fan, to the Monday Night game as an engagement gift, and he was dumbfounded as to how respectful Redskins fans are. "I'd never take you to an Eagles game; you'd get killed," he told me. "They are nothing like this up there."

Maybe some Eagles fan Lawyer should start a "Class action suite" against the owner of the stadium for failure to provide a safe environment, and maybe all will be happy.... ie; the fans win the law suite and get paid $$, and the Lawyer gets tickets for life to the Eagles games.

The owner gets hammered once I'd bet he would have enough security or police at the games in the future with stricter rules about behavior.

I don't think the NFL needs to do anything. It would be the city that needs to do something. This type of crap is a regular occurance at their stadium and it shouldn't be on the simple fan who drives to the game parks legally and pays to enjoy a game to be forced to protect his vehicle. Maybe a few law suites to the owner of the stadium would force him to either hire more security or bring in more police to start cracking down on this rude and unlawful behavior. Especially if it's a person who is attacked like it usually is.

Yeah, it probably is more on the city. NFL can claim that they have measures in place (security guard requirement, rowdy fan text message program, season ticket accountability) for all teams. But regardless, a reasonable person could argue that the NFL is well aware of the problems in Philly and didn't put extra measures in place.

I asked Chief Zee if the Eagles did anything for him (i.e., pay his medical bills) after Eagles fans broke his legs...and he said that they did nothing, absolutely positively nothing.

It's going to take a bad incident before things change. Europe got its act together with UK soccer fans. They actually take biometric scans of the rowdy ones, which prevents them from traveling.

Aside from the despicable DTC, I haven't heard, read, or seen a thing about it. We didn't break an Eagle fan's legs, destroy cars, or throw snowballs at Santa. I brought my future brother-in-law, an Eagles fan, to the Monday Night game as an engagement gift, and he was dumbfounded as to how respectful Redskins fans are. "I'd never take you to an Eagles game; you'd get killed," he told me. "They are nothing like this up there."

Unfortunately, it did happen down here (albeit eight years ago):

http://espn.go.com/page2/tvlistings/show134transcript.html

i guess you miss the weekly threads in here over the last few years complaining about all the hassle at home games.

Fights, drunks, vandals.. it's all here.

In my own experience, every single time I go to a game i see numerous fights, brawls, beer pourings and other acts of idiocy.

Just two weeks ago there was a thread about a "cacasian" woman drunkenly smashing and kicking cars as she left the Giants game. The guy thought it was serious enough to post her vehicle up here so any victims of her vandalism could try and get compensation.

To pretend Fedex is a place full of respectful friendly fans is a joke, really.

~Bang

Archived